Softies, Gorgs, LPS  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Leathers only
    • Softies including leathers
    • Gorgonians
    • LPS

Weeds not softies ;)

Now you did it :lol: they are going to start sending messages.......

Weeds Softies. whatever you want to call em.

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Elizabeth94

To be honest, you don't really need to have a crazy degree like me. But it is such a competitive profession for hiring, and it can only make me look better.

Good thing is I am already familiar with my Glock, so no shooting people in the butt.... unless of course they had it commin' to them. :D

Edit: sorry for liking so many posts. Cant help it, you guys are just that likable. ;)

Whoa you need a degree in criminal justice :huh: I thought as long as you were a bad shot and could club people that's all that mattered :lol: I know bad but I knew a few police officers and the stories :lol: Lets just say one officer shot his partner in the butt :lol:

What build might that be?

Remember the fish? :rolleyes: dang you are blonde :lol:

Like you said things just go right over your head :P

Remember the fish? :rolleyes: dang you are blonde :lol:

Like you said things just go right over your head :P

:lol:

To be honest, you don't really need to have a crazy degree like me. But it is such a competitive profession for hiring, and it can only make me look better.

Good thing is I am already familiar with my Glock, so no shooting people in the butt.... unless of course they had it commin' to them. :D

Edit: sorry for liking so many posts. Cant help it, you guys are just that likable. ;)

:lol: The last two lines cracked me up :)

I will still build a softie/macro tank for one someday......or just get a few small fish who knows really. I will have my fusion 20 or maybe run a 36x12 not really sure.

I will still build a softie/macro tank for one someday......or just get a few small fish who knows really. I will have my fusion 20 or maybe run a 36x12 not really sure.

Or a frog fish in a softy/macro tank with some ghost shrimp :)

I have not seen anything yet that comes close to it an a LFS. Just the normal GSP......

It's the only time I've ever seen it at a LFS (actually the first time I ever saw it at all)

Aquatic Warehouse, but I don't think they ship livestock :(

Ugh, now I want those too..

This site is bad for a college kids wallet. Hell, I just ordered a smiz lid. Good thing I graduate in May. Then the site will be just fine for my tank

Yay another college student! :)

Lol I know what you mean though, so many things I want to buy!!

Pinner Reef

Does anyone have any purple star polyps?

Don't Do It!!!!!! There's weeds and then there are coral plagues. This would the the latter. Seriously, I'm looking for a pic to prove what I'm talking about.

Not the one I was looking for but this is a 75g side panel And a Maxijet that were covered in about a year. Could kill off every thing we put in front of it thanks to a more potent than normal toxin.

DSCN0031.jpg

Hammerstone

Don't Do It!!!!!! There's weeds and then there are coral plagues. This would the the latter. Seriously, I'm looking for a pic to prove what I'm talking about.

Not the one I was looking for but this is a 75g side panel And a Maxijet that were covered in about a year. Could kill off every thing we put in front of it thanks to a more potent than normal toxin.

DSCN0031.jpg

OMG that is coral? I don't mean to be mean but whatever that is it looks ugly IMO.
Pinner Reef

OMG that is coral? I don't mean to be mean but whatever that is it looks ugly IMO.

We used to call the pupe coral because they are gross and, like pubes, show up at the worst time/places.

are these hard to keep? Any stats for a person who still hasn't a clue?

Photosynthetic gorgonians (which both of those are) are super easy to keep. They need moderate light since they're photosynthetic and they like moderate to high flow. The flow helps prevent algae from growing on their skin and also helps them to shed their skin which they do once in a while. Otherwise, they're very hardy and easy. No need to feed since they're photosynthetic, but if you do feed a small coral food (i.e. Coral frenzy, reef roofs, etc) they'll typically grow faster. The purple gorgonians and some of the yellow ones are photosynthetic. The red and yellow tree gorgs and blueberry gorgs however are non photosynthetic and take quite a bit more care since they need almost constant feeding.

DSCN0031.jpg

Holy crap! Yeah, I think I'm going to pass on those!

Hey all! Am I missing anyone's build in the original index post (first post in this thread)? I think I got everyone but just want to make sure. Also, if you want me to add your build, just let me know!

Spectra - add some weeds dammit! :)

Hey all! Am I missing anyone's build in the original index post (first post in this thread)? I think I got everyone but just want to make sure. Also, if you want me to add your build, just let me know!

I don't think you linked mine, which is understandable considering I hadn't done anything on it in over 2 years :o , but you've inspired me to get back at it. Give me a couple of days to get things in order and then post away fingerscrossed

I don't think you linked mine, which is understandable considering I hadn't done anything on it in over 2 years :o , but you've inspired me to get back at it. Give me a couple of days to get things in order and then post away fingerscrossed

Adding yours now!!!

Archived