Cultivated Reef

Reefer 350

HarryPotter

I think keeping Alkalinity stable is paying off... 

(Ignore the missing BTAs. I just did a VERY aggressive cleaning, blasting all the sand, so they'll hide until tomorrow)

YGFVjQy.jpg

7aTYSte.jpg

I saw this photo earlier- wow

On 2/20/2016 at 1:29 PM, HarryPotter said:

I LOVE it. I am waiting on a hanging kit in the mail- right now it is too low hanging from the AI EXT bars :)

IMG_7739_zpst2xxyblv.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Wow 3

36ml part A & 36ml part B appears to be insufficient... having to manually dose almost every day. Upping it to 44ml/day. Last week I tested Alk and it was where I wanted it @8. Today it was 7, so I did a water change which took it to 7.5 and then will increase dosing. Good signs! 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, HarryPotter said:

36ml part A & 36ml part B appears to be insufficient... having to manually dose almost every day. Upping it to 44ml/day. Last week I tested Alk and it was where I wanted it @8. Today it was 7, so I did a water change which took it to 7.5 and then will increase dosing. Good signs! 

Are you dosing it all at once or breaking it up through out the day?

9 hours ago, JavaJacketOC said:

What salt brand are you using?

Right now I am using Fritz RPM. But sometimes Red Sea Blue bucket. Or Red Sea coral pro. Or mix them together if I’m running low on any individual one xD. But I mainly use fritz. 

9 hours ago, patback said:

Are you dosing it all at once or breaking it up through out the day?

It gets broken up throughout the day. I have BRS 1.1 ml/minute dosers, using this super handy program to generate the apex code to dose it. My Ca/Alk/Mg gets dosed every hour, and 15 minutes apart from each other to avoid precipitation. 

https://www.reeftronics.net/adpg/dosingcalc.php

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 minute ago, HarryPotter said:

😞 

Did the blenny die and you fed it to the nem? Or was he on his way out and you fed it to the nem?

In any case sorry about the blenny :sad:

16 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Did the blenny die and you fed it to the nem? Or was he on his way out and you fed it to the nem?

In any case sorry about the blenny :sad:

He was dead 😞. No idea why, been in here a long time! No apparent spots or anything either. Oh well; fish suck. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
7 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

He was dead 😞. No idea why, been in here a long time! No apparent spots or anything either. Oh well; fish suck. 

The nem is a good way to dispose of bodies though lol. I'm thinking I like corals more, we may have even talked about it at one point :smilie:

How did the tire situation end up? Ment to ask

Craziness going on here. Everything looks spectacular; better than I’ve ever seen. The LED bars are bringing out insane colors, and corals look happier than ever. It’s definitely due to my excessive water changes and checking Alk frequently. Alk consumption is ~48ml per day, up from 36 a few weeks ago. 

Ill get out my good camera to post what I mean tomorrow 

aQiE2cS.jpg

• Like 6
  • Wow 2

My skimmer didn’t restart after a water change, oddly. So I’m running it in vinigat overnight to see if the pump is just jammed up with worms/coralline. Still really happy with the skimmer overall; it’s been like 3 years with no issues, AND i got it used. 

H9Dllra.jpg

• Like 3

Anddd back in. Maybe I should have rinsed the vinigar off, because the pH probe is not happy 😳. Leaving the drain open so it can build up the slime coat overnight. 

(yes, I see rusty screw. Need to take that out some time....)

lSMJXga.jpg

• Like 4

Nice surprise upgrade today, my dad noticed that he had an un-used DOS in his cabinet and offered it to me. I don't know how accurate my BRS 1.1ml units are,  so I am starting at a somewhat reduced dose amount to avoid a spike. So I may have some well-used BRS Dosers in the classifieds soon 🙂 

Oh & Merry Christmas! 

IsulFrX.png

• Like 5
  • HarryPotter changed the title to Reefer 350