Coral Vue Hydros

RIP Sebastian's Nuvo 30L Build- Future Goals/Plans!

RIP Sebastian

RIP Sebastian

Looks great Nick. I really like the wall hammers. I love the way your tank looks mature with large colonies of coral.

I love wall euphyllia, too. I'm glad you like the tank- it means a lot coming from you!

• Like 1

I could be more descriptive. I like the positioning of your rocks, the little mountain on varying heights to the left. It makes me want to look everywhere. And the gorg is so pretty w/ the macro nearby too.

RIP Sebastian

I could be more descriptive. I like the positioning of your rocks, the little mountain on varying heights to the left. It makes me want to look everywhere. And the gorg is so pretty w/ the macro nearby too.

Oh my goodness! Thank you so much! I originally planned on an aquascape that consisted of two islands, but I couldn't remember how I had done it! I do like the Gorgonian, he adds a lot of height! I am hoping- once my params are stable- to add a few Seriatoporas for height, too.

RIP Sebastian

Well, I cleaned up pretty well this holiday. I got the floss holders, a small frag rack, a Hanna alk checker, an Apex PM2 module (I don't have a brain unit, so)..., and an Aqualifter with holder. Don't know how I'll use that, but I'll figure it out. I also received a 60 dollar gift certificate to Austin Aqua Farms. I already spent it on a three-headed snakeskin torch! Cannot wait!

Cheers,

Nick

EDIT: Here's a pic of the torch I ordered.

DSC_36321.jpg

• Like 2

Well, I cleaned up pretty well this holiday. I got the floss holders, a small frag rack, a Hanna alk checker, an Apex PM2 module (I don't have a brain unit, so)..., and an Aqualifter with holder. Don't know how I'll use that, but I'll figure it out. I also received a 60 dollar gift certificate to Austin Aqua Farms. I already spent it on a three-headed snakeskin torch! Cannot wait!

Cheers,

Nick

EDIT: Here's a pic of the torch I ordered.

DSC_36321.jpg

Wow that's sick. Almost looks like one of those glass anemones but pinker.

Also every time I click this thread I expect to see a tank crash. (Rest in Peace Sebastians Nuvo lol)

• Like 1
RIP Sebastian

Wow that's sick. Almost looks like one of those glass anemones but pinker.

Also every time I click this thread I expect to see a tank crash. (Rest in Peace Sebastians Nuvo lol)

Hah! Thanks. Crash as in kaboomboom and water everywhere or algae and dead corals?

RIP Sebastian

PICS, PICS, PICS!

Torch:

1483197755731-973455071_zpsum2edrb8.jpg

Acan:

1483197786191-69773186_zpsdjmvatxp.jpg

Ya'll know I'm not an Acan person, so is this a different type of acan? The heads are really chubby.

Clam:

1483197849997-1430993112_zpscbbrndpp.jpg

1483197824176-1514349554_zpsdmm8tvkn.jpg

I wanted to name him Eric "Clam-ton", but my sister just about slapped me when she heard that! :lol:

Also, does his mantle looked pinched? Or is he just still adjusting? Thoughts?

Cheers and Happy New Year,

Nick

• Like 7
RIP Sebastian

Nice additions! The acans look normal to me, the heads should be nice and puffy like those are.

And definitely "yes" to Eric Clam-ton :lol:

Thanks, John! My sister came up with "Pearl Clam" (instead of Pearl Jam). Are those Acans a different species? Like acan lords?

• Like 1

The clam looks OK to me. One word of caution, keep a close eye on that wall hammer. If it starts to not look good you only have a short time to figure out the issue with it. They are tough corals, but when they start to go, they go in a hurry. Small pieces of food will keep all of your LPS in good shape, 1-2mm is what I feed my LPS.

RIP Sebastian

They look like Acan Lords to me.

Pearl Clam is pretty good too :lol:

Is an Acan Lord an acan with bigger heads?

The clam looks OK to me. One word of caution, keep a close eye on that wall hammer. If it starts to not look good you only have a short time to figure out the issue with it. They are tough corals, but when they start to go, they go in a hurry. Small pieces of food will keep all of your LPS in good shape, 1-2mm is what I feed my LPS.

I'm well aware of the wall euphyllia issues-thanks for your concerns though! I have Coral Frenzy and I feed them Mysis once a week if they take it. :)

Is an Acan Lord an acan with bigger heads?

I'm well aware of the wall euphyllia issues-thanks for your concerns though! I have Coral Frenzy and I feed them Mysis once a week if they take it. :)

The reason I said that is that wall on the right in the photo looks like it has receded a little bit.

Those are both Acanthastrea lordhowensis.

RIP Sebastian

The reason I said that is that wall on the right in the photo looks like it has receded a little bit.

Those are both Acanthastrea lordhowensis.

Ah! I bought him and he was like that. He has been fine for weeks and hasn't receded in any other place.

fishfreak0114

Great tank! :) It's too bad I didn't find it sooner. I really like the scape and that new torch is such a pretty color! The wall hammer is very neat, I have never seen one before

RIP Sebastian

Great tank! :) It's too bad I didn't find it sooner. I really like the scape and that new torch is such a pretty color! The wall hammer is very neat, I have never seen one before

Thanks! I couldn't believe I hadn't found yours before today, either!

RIP Sebastian

Eric seems to be settling in well. I glued the torch to where the original torch was and it is doing well, too. My alk is only slightly above 8. I need it a 7.7 because that is what my salt mixes to. I'm averaging an uptake of .2 dKH/day. In other news, my BTAs are grumpy. My green/orange tipped nem hasn't been opening lately and is moving below my other one. AARRRGGGHHH! I want him to open up, but I know I shouldn't bug him.

Side note: the only other coral I want to put in this tank is a Seriatopora (Bird's Nest). Where do you think I should place it? Do you think it would be okay on the nem rock? Or do you think I should move the neon branching hammer and put it there? Also, do you have any suggestions as to where I should put the wall hammer? I don't really want to keep it on the sandbed.

I'm planning on ditching most-if not all-of the Xenia as well as one of the smaller paly colonies. It's not doing well and I have an entire other colony of it growing well. I think I'm going to get rid of the micro hammer, too. It never grew and it's ugly. I'm actually kind of wanting to add some more SPS, but I don't have any more room. Maybe it's time for a rescape. I want to change it to my original two island idea. That way, I can keep softies, euphyllias, and macros on one and SPS and acans on the other. Everything that's on the sand bed can stay happy, too. Basically, it'll just give me more room for corals. Oh! I'll also be able to remove The Pig while I do that. I dunno, I just don't really like the look of the scape anymore. Or maybe it's just the placement of some of the corals. I really want to move stuff around. Thoughts?

Nick

• Like 1