Coral Vue Hydros

Ninja's Red Sea Reefer 350 - still here!

ninjamyst

Seeing how fast you put together your new tank inspired me to do the same! Still making water...30 gallons to go. Forgot about the sump...haha.

HA! That's exactly what I did!!!

• Like 1

Kessil is stating that the mount will be available this month for sale, so hopefully you won't have to wait too much longer.

yea they said that last month that they will be available end of Oct =P. but they claim they are in "production" so hopefully that means they will be ready to ship to vendors soon.

Sump question for everyone. The middle chamber in the sump is huge and the Magnus Curve 5 barely takes up half the space. If I want a refugium for pods and chaeto, can I put the chaeto in a breeder box next to the skimmer??

318Q8SbJTxL.jpg

I use the same thing, works great. I have a powerhead pointed at mine

A not so great pic of the scape. Minimum scape. Still have 20+ lbs of rock left...haha. Can't wait to get a light over this.

22943516781_6c980cce80_c.jpg

What kind of rock? That new stuff from BRS?

yup, Walt Smith Reef Rock 2.1. Bought the 55lb box. Great shapes...archs, plates, boulders, etc.

I wanted some, just not the 50-55lbs. I wish they had more of a nano pack. Anyway, I like the rock structure.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/291427022566?ul_noapp=true&chn=ps&lpid=82might look into something like that then? thats what i was going to use. just remove the metal parts

Yea, I actually have one of those but don't like the open top. I may just use the mesh inside the plastic breeder box.

I wanted some, just not the 50-55lbs. I wish they had more of a nano pack. Anyway, I like the rock structure.

They have 11lbs box too. Your LFS should carry them too. I found out AFTER I bought them that my LFS carries them for cheaper than online and I get to pick the pieces.

Tank, scape and house is beautiful. Curious myself about the kessil myself. Hang that baby so it's not taking away from that tank! Along for the ride

Their new tank mount is actually pretty sleek. It hides the wire well too. From their facebook:

12193536_1100725099940379_68455666432497

• Like 3

Beautiful tank. Make sure to be patient when adjusting the downflow as youll see results instantly but they will slowly change over the next 2 hours. Not a big deal but the noise it makes is super annoying when the water level in the display is too high or too low. My perfect spot seems to be about 1 inch under the emergency drain, the reason i do this is because

1. no noise from air getting sucked into the downflow

2. not high enough to go down the emergency drain and make noise.

3. Surface skimming works very well at this height. Any higher and it has very little effective surface skimming.

Good luck! Ill be following along to answer any questions i can about the tank (not that im anything close to an expert lol)

• Like 1

Beautiful tank. Make sure to be patient when adjusting the downflow as youll see results instantly but they will slowly change over the next 2 hours. Not a big deal but the noise it makes is super annoying when the water level in the display is too high or too low. My perfect spot seems to be about 1 inch under the emergency drain, the reason i do this is because

1. no noise from air getting sucked into the downflow

2. not high enough to go down the emergency drain and make noise.

3. Surface skimming works very well at this height. Any higher and it has very little effective surface skimming.

Good luck! Ill be following along to answer any questions i can about the tank (not that im anything close to an expert lol)

yea, i have to play with that. still filling up the tank =). sick and took a day off so i should be able to make the last 20 gallons or so today.

how's your ATO going?

• Like 1

Had to modify the adjustment screw a little bit. I had to cut off about 1/4" from the end of the screw to let it top off water without leaking out of the screw itself. I also contacted red sea and they sent me a new one, just havent installed it as mine is working with my modification lol And ive found you have about 2-3 days with it full. if you run any fans of course that will lessen that time due to more evap

Essentially it gives you enough water for a weekend away. which is fine for me right now. the filter socks clog every 3-4 days as well so the tank cant go long with out some small maintenence. I also noticed i have to adjust the downflow every few days haha but i think thats just due to the pump getting dirty and slowing down, then when i clean it every other waterchange i have to make a large adjustment again

• Like 1

Had to modify the adjustment screw a little bit. I had to cut off about 1/4" from the end of the screw to let it top off water without leaking out of the screw itself. I also contacted red sea and they sent me a new one, just havent installed it as mine is working with my modification lol And ive found you have about 2-3 days with it full. if you run any fans of course that will lessen that time due to more evap

Essentially it gives you enough water for a weekend away. which is fine for me right now. the filter socks clog every 3-4 days as well so the tank cant go long with out some small maintenence. I also noticed i have to adjust the downflow every few days haha but i think thats just due to the pump getting dirty and slowing down, then when i clean it every other waterchange i have to make a large adjustment again

I finally got enough water for it to spill into the overflow =). Man is this thing noisy. I am sure it will be better once the pump is running and water is flowing correctly. What do you mean by filter sock clogs every 3-4 days? Your tank must be dirty!! haha. I would think the inner sock will clog more than the outer sock? Hopefully we can both dial in the perfect flow soon.

love the look of this tank and the white stand!! :wub:

Thanks! White stand is a must since our kitchen and decor is all white. I will post some pics soon to show how the tank matches the rest of the house

• Like 1

I finally got enough water for it to spill into the overflow =). Man is this thing noisy. I am sure it will be better once the pump is running and water is flowing correctly. What do you mean by filter sock clogs every 3-4 days? Your tank must be dirty!! haha. I would think the inner sock will clog more than the outer sock? Hopefully we can both dial in the perfect flow soon.

The tank is damn near silent once adjusted correctly! the onlything i hear in mine is the mp10wes and the skimmer.

Id like to think my tank is clean lol I skim very heavy and pull out alot of nasty smelling stuff. the issue is the socks are 200 micron felt socks.. not mesh. I promise, yours will clog quite quickly one its going and your doing normal feedings!

Yes the first sock clogs first, then more will flow to the other sock and it will clog within a few hours haha Really its not a big deal but i plan on picking up another pair or 2 eventually. Issue is theyre $17 a piece on amazon... yikes. Also not universal, so you have to get red sea's socks or modify the sock holder.

• Like 1

Thanks for the link! last time i looked, marine depot and BRS had nothing for the reefers. But that was before the tanks became available online i guess!

I just saw Dr. Foster and Smith has the Reefer series available online too. And they run 20% coupons all the time. That's a hell of a deal for a Reefer.