• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Took some pics of the sticks

Tri-Color Tort

NRFyN7Q.jpg?2

Vivid Fire Garden

CYOJol4.jpg?2

No name random I just picked up from I Got Coral today. It's still a little pissed but reminds of of a darker version of Kat's Katropora

6b3f7CT.jpg?2

Pink Lemonade. Probably my favorite so far

l1G0xKz.jpg?2

RR Bio-Hazard. This one is really cool, lavender base, the tips are actually yellow in person, not green.

c1OtO64.jpg?2

Couldn't get good shots of the other stuff.

And a new FTS

pqaCOds.jpg?2

Looks great so far. Try taking the pics with your blue LEDS turned down and the whites turned up a bit.(modern camera cant accurately capture the light given from blue LEDS) It will give you a much more accurate photo

Looks great so far. Try taking the pics with your blue LEDS turned down and the whites turned up a bit.(modern camera cant accurately capture the light given from blue LEDS) It will give you a much more accurate photo

Ok, suggestions on % of each? There is a manual mode on this light so I can set it then use it for taking pics

Tank looks very nice man!

i live the look of those axspect razors over a rimless tank ;)

you probably have the 16K fixture?

i have the 10k 160W over a 27" tank and i love it!

i even would've liked the 16k more but i got of a local reefer for dirt cheap :P so i'm not comlaining :lol:

Tank looks very nice man!

i live the look of those axspect razors over a rimless tank ;)

you probably have the 16K fixture?

i have the 10k 160W over a 27" tank and i love it!

i even would've liked the 16k more but i got of a local reefer for dirt cheap :P so i'm not comlaining :lol:

Thanks you! I'm using a reef breeders photon fixture now but the razor worked pretty well.

I want to see more picture of this imposter Kat. :)

It's a little angry after the dip but if it looks better today I'll try moving it into better lighting and snapping a pic. Of the 3 I got, IDK how to even identify what they are (species wise, not given name) so I'll need to do some digging. One is kind of white with reddish brown areas on the body but it was developing blue tips. Looks boring now but the growth is cool and if the color gets better it should be nice looking.

Ponape Birdsnest, still one of my fav's. It's totally in the back in low light and seems to love it. The tips are more purple in person.

UQxaCYi.jpg?3

This is the CoC Goldmember chalice. Was extremely gold when I got it but transitioned to a bright green under low light. I've moved it up into the 450 par and it's starting to gold up on the edges, seems to be working it's way toward the center.

GmgXY2U.jpg?2

I picked this monti up from Coral Collection a while back then bleached the crap out of it when I dosed mag to take care of some potential bryposis. The green faded to yellow but has since transitioned back and looks even better than when I initially bought it. Hoping this is monti grows up like a flower petal variety.

Edit: Forgot about the chalice below, not super colorful but the eyes are turning out to be a baby blue color with a purple greyish base.

mqdTtWT.jpg?2

This is the new frag that reminded me of Katropora. It's super pissed now but under T5 it was green with shimmers of blue and reddish polyps.

6RueYWt.jpg?2

This is one of the other ones I picked up with the pooptropora above, also pissed but under T5 it was a pretty uniform brownish yellow with blue tips. I don't expect it to be pretty but I liked the growth pattern.

JhZjsgI.jpg?3

The last one I got was really dark under T5 but it had deep blues in the new growth and base, hopefully it'll be decent but I didn't get a picture of it. Can't complain much about any if these since they were only 10.00 each.

Not sure if anyone has a resource for identification but curious to see what species these are. I think the super brown one not pictured is a tenus.

All I can think about is more sticks, this is going to be a problem. I'm probably going back to I Got Coral tomorrow...I have a feeling this will turn into buying a few more inconsequential frags just to see what they turn into after a few months.

JavaJacketOC

I tested the regular IO mix last night. CA was 380 and Alk was 11.14...I can't find an expected mix result for the regular IO but alk seems high and CA seems low.

I've been dealing with some cyano, probably due to over feeding of my fish :blush: , phosphate has been hovering around 1 and is pretty consistently there. Decided to start running some phosguard and cut back to fish feeding every other day.

My terminal phase male McCosker's wrasse got spooked and jumped into the overflow a few days back. I got him out quickly but he's been very skiddish ever since. I haven't seen him out for more than 15 min at a time and although he's eating, it seems like he may be taking a turn for the worse :(

JavaJacketOC

I didn't realize how close you are! I'm down in Irvine, and hit up Ali's pretty often! Are there more of us in Orange County?

Yeah there are a few. Couple in RMS/MV area, Sancho is further south and there are some people in Long Beach as well.

I like Ali's place...probably one of the best looking stores in the area, if not the best.

I saw your tank at the CAD lights show room. They told me someone in Irvine had the tester tank. I assume it's you?

JavaJacketOC

So I did an 8 gallon water change yesterday with standard IO, Cal was 380 and Alk was 11+ (199) and after testing Alk today it tested at 131, down 6 ppm from a week ago.

Maybe i should just stuck it up and start dosing instead of trying to supplement with a better salt. Water changes suck.

JavaJacketOC

Yup

I totally might just take Harry's lead and use B-Ionic. I need to figure out better storage for all my fish accessories and having gallon mixed and powdered unmixed stuff is going to be more clutter :(

JavaJacketOC

I decided to start with B-Ionic then just go from there depending on how much I'm going to be using. This reef calculator says I need to dose the following:

Cal: 380 to 420 = 175 ml; 5.9 fl oz; 35 tsp

Alk: 131 to 148 = 29.7 ml; 1 fl oz; 5.9 tsp

This is the balanced amount per this calculator. I've heard that people go through more than these amounts each day but I think I'm going to dose over a couple days. #nervous

Seems like a lot of Cal but considering that the IO is low on it anyway, I figured it would be a bit more than usual to get where I wanted.

JavaJacketOC

Alk: Dosed 10 ml

Cal: Dosed 30 ml

If the Alk dosing doesn't affect my PH (no noticeable change) am I ok to dose again in a few hours?

Edit: Need to get a Mag test, still have 1/2 a gallon of Kent Tech M I'd like to use before buying another supplement.

Archived