Pod Your Reef

Java's Artisan II 70 - Lots of Pics and Growth

JavaJacketOC

Not ready to photo dump but I got most things placed, haven't glued everything yet. Just amazes me how the "big things" on my 25 are hard to find in this 70, lol.

BMro3Yd.jpg?1

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That big shelf is just begging for a clam sitting in between coral.....

But it's too soon for a clam.

Girl, both clams are already in there! The gold maxima is on the left of the of left shelf and the crocea is at the lower right of the tank. I want to move the crocea up to the middle of the tank just to the right of the left shelf but its attached to the rock it's on and I can't see the foot to cut it (and I'm also a little scared to do it, lol). It's in a somewhat low light area, I'm hoping it will detach so I can move it.

If not, it will be getting more light once I upgrade I'm sure.

I see the crocea but not the maxima, and yeah it looks like far too little light for the crocea.

You can try to point a powerhead at the crocea to see if it will let go.

I may try the power head, I have a little 200 gph one I could stick on the glass next to it.

If you open the picture above and look at the shelf on the left...the maxima is what looks like it's being assaulted by the big black nerite, lol.

I am a GD Flasher and Fairy Wrasse killer. I feel terrible...I have to be doing something wrong in QT. The remaining flasher ate yesterday and I did a 50% water change then began a Cupramine treatment. The flasher was fine mid day today then about an hour later it's having spasms and croaks 10 min later.

I am a GD Flasher and Fairy Wrasse killer. I feel terrible...I have to be doing something wrong in QT. The remaining flasher ate yesterday and I did a 50% water change then began a Cupramine treatment. The flasher was fine mid day today then about an hour later it's having spasms and croaks 10 min later.

Bummer! That stinks. Is it a particularly sensitive fish?

I'm loving the scape! I like small fish as well and am enjoying watching them swim through the tonga and hang out. You're going to love those overhangs for the same reasons!

aww. I'm sorry :(

I feel your pain though. I'm a chromis killer :(

Bummer! That stinks. Is it a particularly sensitive fish?

I don't think they're overly sensitive. Both the Fairy and the Flashers were considered "hardy", I feel like I am just doing something wrong in QT. Maybe not enough oxygen exchange or not enough water changes. IDK, I think I'm going to go back to the if the fish has been at the store for a while, eats in front of me and doesn't visually display any health issues, I'll purchase. If not, then I'll pass.

I'm loving the scape! I like small fish as well and am enjoying watching them swim through the tonga and hang out. You're going to love those overhangs for the same reasons!

aww. I'm sorry :(

I feel your pain though. I'm a chromis killer :(

LOL, Chromis kill themselves! Thanks about the scape, I really do love watching the fish swim in and out of the rock work. Several of the larger rocks have caves and tunnels as well for stuff that's a little more shy.

looks great! that cave is begging for sun corals.

Interesting that you say that...Amazing Aquariums in Orange has the super fat head ones, I think they're Australian, I was thinking about where they would go in my tank......maybe MAYBE

Well, I've had a rio 200 about 4 inches from the crocea hitting the side of it's shell for the last 2 hours, the bish is still just sitting there almost fully open. Last time I moved the maxima somewhere with a lot of water flow it started detaching within about 10 min, lol

hmm, anyone think I should be worried about oxygen exchange if I use the glass lid on my tank? The stand is still doorless and there's a small cut out over the overflow.

Waiting on my screen lid to be made and I'm worried about my chalk bass jumping. He eats like he's in prison and jets toward the top of the water randomly when he's hungry.

Also, these happened. I decided not to quarankill and just palms too the sky it. Concerned about jumping too.

519cQeV.jpg

Don't use the glass lids.

But don't go lid-less, use them till your net lid comes in.

I can put a terrible eurobrace together using plastic wrap but the screen should only take a few days. I feel like between the flow in the sump, micro bubbles from the skimmer and stuff, I should be ok oxygen wise.

The chalk bass is kinda being a jerk, which is surprising...he's always been the defender against mean damsels.

Where are you getting your screen from? Building something or ordered something?

I ordered the 1/4" netting from BRS and just having a local window shop make it for me. Was going to have a nice acrylic once made but not sure if I want 2 removable screens or one big one

hmm, anyone think I should be worried about oxygen exchange if I use the glass lid on my tank? The stand is still doorless and there's a small cut out over the overflow.

Waiting on my screen lid to be made and I'm worried about my chalk bass jumping. He eats like he's in prison and jets toward the top of the water randomly when he's hungry.

Also, these happened. I decided not to quarankill and just palms too the sky it. Concerned about jumping too.519cQeV.jpg

I keep the glass lid on my 40. No problem. Between your drain, sump, skimmer, return and whatever else you have moving water, you'll be fine.

As far as a glass lid. Meh.... use it or not. Like Jack stated you got plenty o water movement. Personally I dont care for lids on rimless tanks. IMO the lid takes the sexy away from the look of a nice rimless tank.

Did you get a chance to check out any LFS down here ? Monday is a odd day for LFS in San Diego. Aqua SD is closed, Shripwreck Cove closes early, Reefers Garage is only open a couple hours. I was actually gonna ask you what LFS to check out in OC today.....Then I realized I am broke :( I am training at the UPS office in Laguna Hills for the next couple days. If there are any in that area worth checking out let me know.

As far as a glass lid. Meh.... use it or not. Like Jack stated you got plenty o water movement. Personally I dont care for lids on rimless tanks. IMO the lid takes the sexy away from the look of a nice rimless tank.

Did you get a chance to check out any LFS down here ? Monday is a odd day for LFS in San Diego. Aqua SD is closed, Shripwreck Cove closes early, Reefers Garage is only open a couple hours. I was actually gonna ask you what LFS to check out in OC today.....Then I realized I am broke :( I am training at the UPS office in Laguna Hills for the next couple days. If there are any in that area worth checking out let me know.

The lid glass lid is just for the jumper potential. My Chalk bass is crazy and the new wrasses are getting bullied :( I picked up 2 large pajama cardinals today and dropped them. They're bigger than my clown and chalk bass so hopefully it'll change some of the aggression toward the wrasses,

I stopped at Encinitas Tropical Fish and Shipwreck Cove. ETF didn't have anything I was interested in. Shipwreck Cove had a cool red meteor shower marked as $25 for a 1" cubeish piece but when I told him i wanted it he told me it was actually $100.00 for a frag 1/4" so I passed. There was a nice Monti Undata but I passed because I need to buy new lighting.....which happened tonight.

I ordered 2 Arctic-T247-B 120W this evening after losing an IT2081 on ebay! I will probably have to adjust my L brackets or figure out how to place a connector rod between the 2 brackets so I can space the lights out.

Nice.....should have the lights in a couple days?

Hopefully, they say they ship next day and can be 3-5 days but I think they're in CA so hopefully should be faster. Was going to ask you about yours but the Black Friday sale was too good and it seems like you like the color more than your radion.

Do you still need shelf pieces? Saw you were looking for some a long time ago. I have a long, thin piece I didn't use.

Hopefully, they say they ship next day and can be 3-5 days but I think they're in CA so hopefully should be faster. Was going to ask you about yours but the Black Friday sale was too good and it seems like you like the color more than your radion.

I think you'll be happy with them...I think I planned on having them a week after ordering.....2 days later it was at my front door. Looking forward to your review on them.

I think you'll be happy with them...I think I planned on having them a week after ordering.....2 days later it was at my front door. Looking forward to your review on them.

Do you still need shelf pieces? Saw you were looking for some a long time ago. I have a long, thin piece I didn't use.

Archived