Innovative Marine Aquariums

Java's Artisan II 70 - Lots of Pics and Growth

JavaJacketOC

Do you still need shelf pieces? Saw you were looking for some a long time ago. I have a long, thin piece I didn't use.

No. Thanks though.

I ended up just hanging the OR. The cube is using the RMS. If I end up switching out the lights, I'll mount the OR to the RMS.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OR T247-B x 2 should be here tomorrow. Thoughts on mounting? I was thinking I could go to HD and pick up some small metal rods, connect the 2 of them using the leg grooves then just mount them as if they were a 32" light.

Other option is to mount them individually and perpendicular to the front of the tank, seems like I wouldn't get as good of coverage though the middle of the tank where most of the coral will be.

Thoughts?

Also, I totally over did it on fish. Trying to remove aggression toward the wrasses I ended up adding 2 large pajama cardinals, 3 small Fire Fish and 2 small Bangai Cardinals. Watching for a soft cycle but cleaning the filter sock and skimming to all hell just to be safe.

The male wrasse showed today and ate flakes. Female has been MIA for last 2 days but last time I saw her she looked fine. Hopefully she'll show up soon.

Edit: Rekt by spelling

Spiderguardnano

This is the way I hung mine

The first option the cheaper option at $10 with the dry wall anchors

used the steel poles from HD super cheap and they cut and thread it for you

47B13828-7A4B-4425-A5A3-E10CC3BC6FF5_zps

Or the more expensive option is the rms mount which looks so clean and really easy to do just buy the self screwing screws from HD

Really clean look

159A0E38-4345-425D-B5B8-D4EA62A049E8_zps

B1AEB428-24D0-4420-9496-B9B8C749C8B1_zps

I already have L brackets mounted to the wall above the tank so I'll be using those. Just need to decide how to position the lights themselves over the tank. I think I'm going to start with them running the length of the tank and see if there's much shadowing. If so I'll try perpendicular to the front.

Well...The lights were delivered intact but with no signature requirement, that's scary. Also, I was under the impression that the T-247-B were programmable, but it appears that the built in timer is just an on/function...seems misleading the way it's promoted on their site. I would have expected an upgraded version of the S026 was more than just an on/off feature, really disappointing.

Have contacted Ocean Revive for resolution, hopefully this doesn't turn into a major PITA. It looks like I should have just stuck to my gut and gone with the IT2081, which is what I was strongly considering before they had the black Friday offer for the T-247-B.

#frustrated

Well, the male Lubbock's wrasse has been out all day and is eating pellets out of the food corral. Haven't seen the female for 2 days, I really hope she's just hiding. I haven't seen my peppermint shrimp huddled in 1 area as though they were feeding on something so I hope she's just de-stressing.

This male is better looking than the other few I've seen (at least IMO), the dorsal fin is crazy yellow. The other fish leave him alone now as well so he tours the whole tank.

Hy0qfcX.jpg?1

Updated first post with FTS, was playing with the Panoramic option on my phone...it's an ok shot.

I also picked up what appears to be a female or initial phase Carpenters Wrasse that's been at one of my LFS' for about 3 weeks. It apparently came in with all of the Carpenters a few weeks ago, he's gonna look for a male tomorrow. If that doesn't work out there is another LFS that just got 3 of them, maybe I'll get lucky and pair them up. This female ate pellets in the bag while I was floating her so I'm pretty sure she'll make it.

Still no sign of the female Lubbocks wrasse, gonna keep an eye out for another one :(

Here's the flasher, definitely early initial phase male...very small spine growing on the top fin, hopefully a nice big terminal male will cause it to revert back to a female.

Sx1ZivB.jpg?1

Some other pictures from the store I got the wrasse from.

You've heard of fat head dendros...these are fat a$$ dendros, lol. The biggest one is literally the size of a golf ball.

ib67jpa.jpg?1

This is just an odd finger leather. Crazy polyps and a super iridescent green base...couldn't capture the color all that well but it's cool.

so7jRDi.jpg?2

Lovin' your new inhabitant Cirrhilabrus.

Thank you! I haven't had the best luck with them but hopefully that's changing

The dentro and the leather are not mine, just liked them in the store :)

That dendro is CRAZY! Are ya gonna get it??? Love the finger leather too.

That dendro is CRAZY! Are ya gonna get it??? Love the finger leather too.

No, probably not. The store these are at has a lot of nice stuff but generally stuff like that is more than I would want to spend.

No, probably not. The store these are at has a lot of nice stuff but generally stuff like that is more than I would want to spend.

Im also in Socal, What fish shops do you shop at?

Im also in Socal, What fish shops do you shop at?

These pictures were taken at Amazing Aquariums and Reefs in Orange. But there are a few others. Where in SoCal?

Thatoneomahaguy

Besides the timer issue, how are you liking the lights? I was thinking about getting one for a 40 gallon breeder. Also were they able to help you get your concerns resolved?

Besides the timer issue, how are you liking the lights? I was thinking about getting one for a 40 gallon breeder. Also were they able to help you get your concerns resolved?

I returned the OR lights. There is nothing wrong with them but the T247-B are not controllable, which is what I want. I ended up going with a Reef Breeder Photon 24", should be here next week.

oh. Way to get a girl essited. All that PE and then it's not even yours? :slap:

LOL. He hasn't fragged them...he's got a colony with about 15 heads...most of them that size. I'm sure they'll be 75.00 a head if not more.

P.S. I don't use my PE to get the ladies essited ;)

The dentro and the leather are not mine, just liked them in the store :)

Is he selling any of that leather.....or just for display?

Glad you got some lighting figured out.

Archived