ReefCleaners.org

Java's Artisan II 70 - Lots of Pics and Growth

JavaJacketOC

I just got the 16 gauge. The only one they had that was 14 was like 25 feet and the next shortest was a 12 gauge AC plug.

I'm already in love with this lighting. Don't judge my fallen over favia frag...I snapped a picture before I cleaned everything up.

9YXfGxi.jpg?2

Looks good.........you got that bright, clear blue going? Not windex.....like a crystal, clear white-blue.......F it. I don't even know what I'm trying to say....It looks like the color I have set on the OR.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks good.........you got that bright, clear blue going? Not windex.....like a crystal, clear white-blue.......F it. I don't even know what I'm trying to say....It looks like the color I have set on the OR.

LOL, I know what you mean. It's a crisp white, just a slight tinge of blue. Not really purple like the razor is.

I bought some sticks, I'm making a list here so I don't forget WTH these are.

Vivid Fire Garden

Tri Color Tort

RR Asia TGC Bio-Hazard

Pink Lemonade (my favorite so far)
Miyagi Tort (someone's gotta give @metrokat a run for her money. Kidding <3 you Kat)

Red Dragon

Don't ask for pictures Jack.

I just got the 16 gauge. The only one they had that was 14 was like 25 feet and the next shortest was a 12 gauge AC plug.

I'm already in love with this lighting. Don't judge my fallen over favia frag...I snapped a picture before I cleaned everything up.

9YXfGxi.jpg?2

TOOOO LATE! I already judged you on that ONE frag of favia that fell over.

TOOOO LATE! I already judged you on that ONE frag of favia that fell over.

LOL, NOOOOOOOO. It's the damn Jawfish. He has 3 tunnels and then he'll randonly start digging in the middle of nowhere. He's done it under the brain twice. Pissing me off.

Ok, here are the sticks. They all look the same right now because they're not in a well lit area yet but hopefully they'll do ok. I don't expect any amazingness from SPS. The guy I bought them from was dosing about 10 different things to brighten various color, I just don't ever plan to go that far but hopefully they won't just be brown.

left to right

Tri Color Tort > Miyagi Tort > Red Dragon > Pink Lemonade > Vivid Fire Garden > RR Asia TGC Bio-Hazard

1N1K7On.jpg?2

On a more somber note...my male Lubbocks Wrasse looks like he's on his way out. He was doing so well but today I noticed he was swimming weird (head up tail down) and just all over the place. Not sure what it is, he was eating well and he still even tried to eat today but seems disoriented. I put him in the sump but I think it's too late :(

LOL, NOOOOOOOO. It's the damn Jawfish. He has 3 tunnels and then he'll randonly start digging in the middle of nowhere. He's done it under the brain twice. Pissing me off.

Ok, here are the sticks. They all look the same right now because they're not in a well lit area yet but hopefully they'll do ok. I don't expect any amazingness from SPS. The guy I bought them from was dosing about 10 different things to brighten various color, I just don't ever plan to go that far but hopefully they won't just be brown.

left to right

Tri Color Tort > Miyagi Tort > Red Dragon > Pink Lemonade > Vivid Fire Garden > RR Asia TGC Bio-Hazard

1N1K7On.jpg?2

On a more somber note...my male Lubbocks Wrasse looks like he's on his way out. He was doing so well but today I noticed he was swimming weird (head up tail down) and just all over the place. Not sure what it is, he was eating well and he still even tried to eat today but seems disoriented. I put him in the sump but I think it's too late :(

Aww. I was going to like the post until I read the second part :( I 'm sorry, Java.

Aww. I was going to like the post until I read the second part :( I 'm sorry, Java.

Same here.

Jawfish antics make me laugh though.......when it's not my tank. :^ )

Same here.

Jawfish antics make me laugh though.......when it's not my tank. :^ )

The Jawfish was my favorite for a long time. Once he settled into a spot I just knew not to put anything near his entrance but I think he keeps moving because there is egg crate under the rocks

DurcoShark came over today and took some PAR readings with his Seneye. We talked for a long time after and I may have forgotten some of the readings but I can't be too far off.

Readings were taken with the channels at 95%/90%

oEj98RM.jpg?1

Gonna need to move the crocea. Not sure what else I can do to try and get it to release. I feel like forcing the foot cut is probably going to do more harm than good.

I placed the SPS this evening, managed to eff up my rock work and make things 5 times harder than they needed to be. I had to turn off all the pumps to correct the rock fiasco and saw this....made it worth it.

CXuV8OW.jpg?2

I placed the SPS this evening, managed to eff up my rock work and make things 5 times harder than they needed to be. I had to turn off all the pumps to correct the rock fiasco and saw this....made it worth it.

CXuV8OW.jpg?2

What did you see?

Speaking of dumb things.....after I fragged a good 20 - 30 shrooms off of the rocks, I placed them in a glass bowl and slowly lowered the entire bowl back into the tank......all of the shrooms had all rock removed, so free floating. Especially when you neglect to turn off the MP10 :rant: .......I had a good dozen or more go tumbling all over the tank. Think I have found most of them.

What did you see?

Speaking of dumb things.....after I fragged a good 20 - 30 shrooms off of the rocks, I placed them in a glass bowl and slowly lowered the entire bowl back into the tank......all of the shrooms had all rock removed, so free floating. Especially when you neglect to turn off the MP10 :rant: .......I had a good dozen or more go tumbling all over the tank. Think I have found most of them.

Oh wow, lol. That sounds like a joyful situation.

Java that clam is looking for more light.

DurcoShark came over today and took some PAR readings with his Seneye. We talked for a long time after and I may have forgotten some of the readings but I can't be too far off.

Readings were taken with the channels at 95%/90%

oEj98RM.jpg?1

Gonna need to move the crocea. Not sure what else I can do to try and get it to release. I feel like forcing the foot cut is probably going to do more harm than good.

Yup

If you can find a PAR bulb on a gooseneck maybe you can spotlight the clam. It won't be sleek and sexy but I can't think of anything else to try for the clam.

Java that clam is looking for more light.

Yup

If you can find a PAR bulb on a gooseneck maybe you can spotlight the clam. It won't be sleek and sexy but I can't think of anything else to try for the clam.

Yeah I may try this but I'm also thinking about putting the pump back on it or maybe even putting the rw4 on it with more flow to see if it'll detatch. I really want to drop it right in the middle of the tank below the 600 par rating.

I popped the small power head on it again but this time it's aimed more at the mouth area without actually blasting the flesh. I put the rw4 on it and just got a huge sandstorm.

Also, I snatched up Dave's hanna alk test and gave it a whirl. Got a reading of 143 which converts to slightly over 8 dKH. pretty decent. gonna test it again in a week and start tracking changes. I've been starting to look into dosing, although I'm not ready to jump into it just yet but I know I'm going to need to eventually.

How is the clam?

Seems to be doing fine. I ordered an Exacto Knife in case decide to get brave but was thinking about just moving the rock it's attached too toward the center of the light. Won't be a huge bump in par but should help.

Can you just pick up the rock that it's on and set in on top of that shelf rock just to the left of where you typed "600"? Could look nice adding some height? I don't now anything about clams though....

Can you just pick up the rock that it's on and set in on top of that shelf rock just to the left of where you typed "600"? Could look nice adding some height? I don't now anything about clams though....

Not really, the rock it's attacked to is pretty heavy and I don't really want to lose the look of the other shelf piece. If I move it in a few inches it'll probably be in the 300 PAR range since it'll be closer to the middle of the light. If not, I'll just cut the foot as carefully as possible.

I think the foot attached in a hole of the rock that goes all the way through. I could probably just take the whole rock out and try and get to it form the other side, would just need some help.

Some other pictures from the store I got the wrasse from.

You've heard of fat head dendros...these are fat a$$ dendros, lol. The biggest one is literally the size of a golf ball.

ib67jpa.jpg?1

This is just an odd finger leather. Crazy polyps and a super iridescent green base...couldn't capture the color all that well but it's cool.

so7jRDi.jpg?2

Thank you! I haven't had the best luck with them but hopefully that's changing

Where is this LFS at? I'm in the ol' OC today.

Archived