Pod Your Reef

thecoralbeauty

I love your little jawfish in his corner and your tube anemone! Also, I'm surprised how high up your rfa is and that he hasn't scooted down on it's own. Has it always been higher?

• Like 1
michaelrzachmann

sweet!!! how far were you? 20 yards? draw weight? this was my first split about a month and a half ago when i was only pulling about 23 pounds. haha i feel like now that I'm pulling 40 i should definitely be more careful.

12046566_10207773469153001_7148096562884

Did my first water change on this tank- 10 gal. got water in my mouth, all over my face, etc. glad i waited to shower....

Video of new fish and scape is uploading- stay tuned. i'll post as soon as it's done processing (about 30 min)

It think it was either 30 or 40 yards i dont remember and im pulling 58lbs

thecoralbeauty

Nice video. How many and what kind of fish do you have now?

its an old iPhone. if i upgrade this week while i'm off work I'm curious to see how the quality might improve. i need to get a better camera. in general.

i have:

1 pearly jawfish

1 neon blue goby (mom wants two more- they're teeny)

1 striped hi-fin goby

1 carpenter's wrasse

1 lubbock's wrasse

1 yellow tang

1 atlantic blue tang

1 damsel

2 carberryi anthias (and re-shipping the third)

I love your little jawfish in his corner and your tube anemone! Also, I'm surprised how high up your rfa is and that he hasn't scooted down on it's own. Has it always been higher?

thank you! it's always been there- even in the 20 it wanted to be up high (actually climbed up there) and hasn't moved. despite me trying to herd it away. hasn't moved down even with the higher lighting in the new tank. it's a strange one!

It think it was either 30 or 40 yards i dont remember and im pulling 58lbs

whoa nice! i haven't gotten around to sighting myself in at 30 and 40 yet. apparently i need to step up my game!!

• Like 2
michaelrzachmann

whoa nice! i haven't gotten around to sighting myself in at 30 and 40 yet. apparently i need to step up my game!!

Ive got pins set well to 20 30 40 and 50 but i barely practice over 25 yd shots because i wouldnt try to take anything longer than that in the woods anyway

• Like 2

Did my first water change on this tank- 10 gal. got water in my mouth, all over my face, etc. glad i waited to shower....

Ok so I'm gonna get slapped for this… but did you spit or swallow the water in your mouth? :haha::flower:

• Like 2
thecoralbeauty

Ive got pins set well to 20 30 40 and 50 but i barely practice over 25 yd shots because i wouldnt try to take anything longer than that in the woods anyway

right. i won't be able to hunt until next season and most of the tournaments around here are at 20 yards. doesn't hurt to have the pins set up anyway though, kinda fun sighting in regardless.

Ok so I'm gonna get slapped for this… but did you spit or swallow the water in your mouth? :haha::flower:

First, :slap:

Second, WHY WOULD I SWALLOW THAT WATER?! :eek:

• Like 2

Hunting with a longbow 25 yd is a max but at least I have no pins or sights to get messed up.

Pins are for cheaters

I've wanted to get myself a really nice recurve for the longest time, [sigh] Poor guy problems.

• Like 1
thecoralbeauty

Pins are for cheaters

I've wanted to get myself a really nice recurve for the longest time, [sigh] Poor guy problems.

helpful on a nice little compound for hunting

• Like 2

how would one mess them up??

I hunt with a flintlock rifle or a long bow. In rain or snow the less things you have the less things can go wrong. (my other pastime is building flintlocks)

• Like 1
michaelrzachmann

right. i won't be able to hunt until next season and most of the tournaments around here are at 20 yards. doesn't hurt to have the pins set up anyway though, kinda fun sighting in regardless.

Yeah i enjoyed it haha a little OCD finally came in handy ;)

• Like 1
thecoralbeauty

Fish are doing well. Damsel is pretty shy still.

Jawfish suddenly freaked out and died in a few hours last night. Literally was fine in the morning then boom- panicking outside of his hole on the bottom of the tank, then dead. Didn't look injured or anything. No idea. Which was super odd. Wonder if I just can't keep them in a community tank? Hm.

Everyone else is good- and the new phone takes great pictures. Will upload soon!

Was just dealing with my cat all day or I would have uploaded already. She peed on my dresses. The same cat that broke my tank lid and pink bird nest when I had the 20. Steam cleaning the closet isn't all it's cracked up to be.

thecoralbeauty

You and your cat are famous!

53A3FE91-2467-4AE7-A5B6-408421D28F95_zps

i know! metrokat is awesome!

Oh no Morgan! Not only your jawfish but your dresses too. Damn.

yea it's not been such a great day. dresses are fine and washed. carpet has been cleaned, and cleaned again. just looking for a bi-fold door for my closet now to keep her out of there in the first place, the small jihadi!!

• Like 1
  • thecoralbeauty changed the title to Anthrax & Gangs! *mimosa clams are here*