ReefCleaners.org

Stella's Sixty-Six

ReefWeeds

thecoralbeauty

i love how we were just supposed to infer that we needed glue from the VERY DETAILED instructions.

this may have stumped me for quite some time had you and pinner not come to the rescue. that picture really helped too.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what kinda glue? is there a thing like plumber's glue? silicone?

I used to watch him all the time as a kid. Saturday mornings! Bob Ross mornings :)

Pinner's drawing is excellent and correct - glue the elbow into the bulkhead- use ABS black pipe glue. I put everything into place and the tank in place - figured out all the plumbing then pulled the stand out and glued through the opening in the back. Make sure everything's ready- the glue sets incredible fast.....boom!

Hmmmm, after the "it tastes better than iT smells" comment.....I assumed glue.....but now I have a smile on my face. What were you talking about?

It tastes better than it smells

Oh were we still talking about glue ?

Pinner's drawing is excellent and correct - glue the elbow into the bulkhead- use ABS black pipe glue. I put everything into place and the tank in place - figured out all the plumbing then pulled the stand out and glued through the opening in the back. Make sure everything's ready- the glue sets incredible fast.....boom!

NICE CATCH......ABS glue. Sorry, I have pvc on the brain.

Depends on what brands you have over there ...I use Christie's. Just get pvc glue and primer in the plumbing section.

I'll post pictures of mine when I get home...I think the "extra parts" are throwing you off.

LOL! "Extra parts" always throw me off. Holy hell. I'm done for today.

Nice! I'm actually leaving about 11 inches between the tank and the wall to put some large trees/plants back there so I can put my ATO reservoir behind it. So hopefully I can get back there easy :)

Hmmmm, after the "it tastes better than iT smells" comment.....I assumed glue.....but now I have a smile on my face. What were you talking about?

Oh lord.

Don't be a dick. Eating pvc glue is bad for you. Stick with paste.

Mmmmm. Paste.

Betcha you eat it all up on your girls, huh?

Ok, so that sounded weird.

i love how we were just supposed to infer that we needed glue from the VERY DETAILED instructions.

this may have stumped me for quite some time had you and pinner not come to the rescue. that picture really helped too.

:lol: yeah, those instructions!!!

No kidding. Pinner, thank you again.

One question. What are you drinking tonight after all is done?

HA!!! Just made myself a huge Irish coffee. Heavy on the scotch ;) And heavy on the bailey's. So pretty much some scotch and bailey's with a splash of coffee. DONE for tonight. Plumbing is not. But time for TWD!!! And my Irish coffee ;)

But I did take this photo just for you, Dan!!!!

ggtP9IF.jpg

Nice! I'm actually leaving about 11 inches between the tank and the wall to put some large trees/plants back there so I can put my ATO reservoir behind it. So hopefully I can get back there easy :)

Oh lord.

Mmmmm. Paste.Betcha you eat it all up on your girls, huh?

HA!!! Just made myself a huge Irish coffee. Heavy on the scotch ;) And heavy on the bailey's. So pretty much some scotch and bailey's with a splash of coffee. DONE for tonight. Plumbing is not. But time for TWD!!! And my Irish coffee ;)

ggtP9IF.jpg

Looks great....love those dimensions!

Looks great....love those dimensions!

Thanks Jack! I'm really glad the stands have feet on them. Nothing is level in our house so it made it so much easier to level the tank out. I really love the look of these tanks. And the glass is so clear. But SCA's instructions? They suck hairy balls :lol:

Love the ATI!

I got one for mine also.............

Which tank do you have again? I totally forget!

Harry balls are gross

:lol: So is lack of instructions ;)

Thanks Jack! I'm really glad the stands have feet on them. Nothing is level in our house so it made it so much easier to level the tank out. I really love the look of these tanks. And the glass is so clear. But SCA's instructions? They suck hairy balls :lol:

Well, good to know I guess. Glad Harold is legal now.

Maybe if you wax the instructions you will find the missing info , hard to see in the forest.

Well, good to know I guess. Glad Harold is legal now.

:lol: OMG, just snorted irish coffee.

Maybe if you wax the instructions you will find the missing info , hard to see in the forest.

You and Jack are two peas in a frickin pod :lol:

Which tank do you have again? I totally forget!

:lol: So is lack of instructions ;)

I picked up a Cadlights Versa 42 30x18x18

Got the ATI Powermodule in 24x4 flavor......

I picked up a Cadlights Versa 42 30x18x18

Got the ATI Powermodule in 24x4 flavor......

NICE!!! Ok I think I did know that! Did you get it going yet?

I heard that leads to heroin

Better than glue!

Oh lord.

Mmmmm. Paste.

Betcha you eat it all up on your girls, huh?

ggtP9IF.jpg

Wow, looks good!

NICE!!! Ok I think I did know that! Did you get it going yet?

Better than glue!

No will not be for a while as I had a few issues and Cad is taking care of it. Also building another stand as I am just to anal :blink: That MDF scares the poop out of me..........also want to make a nice hanging kit for the light. I wish I could do what you have but not going to happen.

Archived