ReefCleaners.org

Stella's Sixty-Six

ReefWeeds

See? Look at that. I'm starting to catch on ... slowly, but starting :)

And I don't need the one on the smaller return line, right? I can't see where that one would actually go. Just the durso...

Strainer on drain only

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scratch that! Big bulkhead doesn't fit in the durso part. ####.

which part of the durso?

This is a how a drain goes. It's to go on the durso

20141104_121009.jpg

pull the strainer out of the bulkhead, they are not glued

and put it in the durso

You don't use the bulkhead. Just the strainer.

Call SCA and make sure that bulhead is ABS. Mine are black and look like ABS but they are PVC. If you bulkhead is ABS and your elbow is PVC you want to use ABS PVC transition cement. Sorry If I just confused you more.

which part of the durso?

This is a how a drain goes. It's to go on the durso

20141104_121009.jpg

pull the strainer out of the bulkhead, they are not glued

and put it in the durso

You don't use the bulkhead. Just the strainer.

It won't fit by itself in the durso - the part the water drains into. It's a hair too big. I can file down the plastic, but figured I'd worry about that later. it was hard to get out of the actual bulkhead piece as well so I'm thinking i'm just gonna order another one.

Call SCA and make sure that bulhead is ABS. Mine are black and look like ABS but they are PVC. If you bulkhead is ABS and your elbow is PVC you want to use ABS PVC transition cement. Sorry If I just confused you more.

:o OMFG!

ok, I'll call.

omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

STELLA !!! LOOK !!!

http://www.twitch.tv/bobross

OMG! I need to watch this right now. Who needs to work???

In Stella's defense, when I was researching SCA tanks, all the reviews said that the tank themselves were great but the plumbing was a real PITA...

In Stella's defense, when I was researching SCA tanks, all the reviews said that the tank themselves were great but the plumbing was a real PITA...

thanks Mirya :flower:

I can attest to that fact. ####ING *&&^$(@(# plumbing.

its a 9 DAY MARATHON !!!!!

:lol: OMG! Now I know what I'm doing for the next 9 days!!! Who wants to set up a tank anyway....

Progress (kinda):

NvZiIXC.jpg

DLvqHZE.jpg

rvLYKJj.jpg

Just don't look under the tank :)

gM19Ghh.jpg

cviI1TX.jpg

I am not doing anything. You can fly me out there and I will have you PIP running in less then an hour. :D

I have TONS of frequent flier miles!!!! I think this is a GREAT idea!

You are almost done! Once you know what the plumbing is made out of. Buy the appropriate cement, glue, primmer. Glue the 2 barb thingies to the bulkheads. Attach the 2 hoses and clamps you are done. Big hose goes to the crapper trapper, small hose to your return pump.

All this talk makes me happier I have an AIO! :lol:

I was in your shoes too Harry. Then I got a HOB overflow and a sump. And now I graduated. I draw the line at drilling it myself however.

You are almost done! Once you know what the plumbing is made out of. Buy the appropriate cement, glue, primmer. Glue the 2 barb thingies to the bulkheads. Attach the 2 hoses and clamps you are done. Big hose goes to the crapper trapper, small hose to your return pump.

The return pump hose can be attached right away IMO, she doesn't need barbs.

righttirefire

My head hurts from reading this! It really not that complicated... don't make me fly out and piping this system together and take my ATO!

Just ####ing glue the damned thing! Woman the #### up and do it!

ABS/PVC glue, it doesn't matter unless your a contractor who needs to meet code. ;)

90 deg barbed is for the drain, straight piece is for the return.

Now GO!

P.S. use a dropcloth... your stand is really clean :)

Just ####### glue the damned thing! Woman the #### up and do it!

ABS/PVC glue, it doesn't matter unless your a contractor who needs to meet code. ;)

90 deg barbed is for the drain, straight piece is for the return.

Now GO!

P.S. use a dropcloth... your stand is really clean :)

:lol:

But holy hell, Pinner! I don't want that shit shooting out and water going all over the floor :) And my nice clean stand ;)

Archived