Coral Vue Hydros

Stella's Sixty-Six

ReefWeeds

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, peoples. this stuff? This is what I bought and I hope it is the right type of glue. I know the primer is correct.

Mh4JXyv.jpg

Ok, asking again since it is a new page. Will this cement work? I saw the ABS and since it said it wasn't for potable water, I got nervous and got the stuff you see on the right.

And this may be where I'm wrong :lol:

So the return pump I believe will go in the back right of the sump. Return pipe goes up to the bulkhead. I don't see how a 90 degree will work with that, but it could be that i'm not envisioning this properly.

I'm so NOT drinking! So is the glue I bought correct? Purple primer and the medium blue shit?

The glue is correct and you don't need alot of the primer it will run and look bad if you use alot.

The sump and return pump will determine if you need to change the elbow or not

The glue is correct and you don't need alot of the primer it will run and look bad if you use alot.

The sump and return pump will determine if you need to change the elbow or not

Thanks Pieman!

Ugh, why's it gotta be so complicated!?

You and Morgan are making me never want to try a sumped tank!

Well, I won't speak for Morgan here, but don't be thinking that. I'm truly NOT experienced in anything like this so the lack of directions is killing me!!!!!

Well, I took the sump out to plumb the rest as I couldn't get in there with the sump in there. I'll put it back and post up a photo.

no don't have to put it back for the photo. Just want to see the chambers and stuff they built.

no don't have to put it back for the photo. Just want to see the chambers and stuff they built.

Gotcha. Ok, here's a photo with my typing over the chambers. There are 4 chambers, the side at the front of the photo will go in the back of the stand.

0qPWmdo.jpg?1

20151015_172645_zpsn8cnyhy8.jpg

Here's a picture from Wretched tank, he has the same one as you. It looks like the tube with the elbow is going to his left chamber. My friend had the same cube Jack has and I believe this is what his looked like too...which means that the tubes criss cross, not sure why it would be that way.

Here's a picture from Wretched tank, he has the same one as you. It looks like the tube with the elbow is going to his left chamber. My friend had the same cube Jack has and I believe this is what his looked like too...which means that the tubes criss cross, not sure why it would be that way.

Yeah, you're right! So the tubes do criss cross - return pump on left with it pumping to the outflow across the cabinet. This helps actually. Maybe because the tubes are long? But now the 90 degree piece makes sense seeing this.

Wow!!! So much progress :). The nice thing is, once you get through this, you will be an expert on plumbing :flower:.

:lol: One can hope for expert status! That cracked me up ;)

That glue is for PVC- you need a one part ABS glue for the black pipe- it will be located next to that black pipe at Home Depot but will say ABS on it- no primer needed.

549b384b80428cff1b2df69182472119_zpsdgky

That glue is for PVC- you need a one part ABS glue for the black pipe- it will be located next to that black pipe at Home Depot but will say ABS on it- no primer needed.

549b384b80428cff1b2df69182472119_zpsdgky

Tiki mugs! Love them!

I had that in my hand. Darn it! trip back coming up ;)

In other news, the inside of the stand is painted white and caulked :) And foam mat down ready for the sump once the plumbing is done!

omvbK4e.jpg

It looks so nice and clean. Why litter it with stuff like plumbing and a sump??? :lol:

Just have 100 or so RO/DI units running and have the tank drain to the tile floor. Constant fresh and clean water.

Just have 100 or so RO/DI units running and have the tank drain to the tile floor. Constant fresh and clean water.

:lol: There's a thought!

thecoralbeauty

Okay good. he's right about the glue for the barb part (which is not included in the parts they send you) - it won't stay with water pressure without it.

Post a picture of the sump Stella, I think you need the 90 if the pump chamber is far from the holes

ok- i can see gluing (AND clamping) the barbed "friction" connection to the hose- but the other part isn't threaded- the inside is smooth, the threads are on the outside (it's a male connector) so I'm ggoing to go see if i can get a female threaded piece to go over that (screw on vs glue it together)...

Here's a question: how the eff do the bulkhead strainers fit in?

This is part that Pinner is referring to. Hose barb adapters. This is a slip to barb.

insert-barb.jpg

If the inside of the bulkheads have rings on it then you need this kind of adapter. This is threaded to barb. MPT.

aa65331f-79bd-486f-bb05-137f9afd4715_400

This doo-hickey on the left is called a bulkhead strainer.

5xfspNp.jpg

This is how I was originally intending to use a bulkhead strainer

20141104_121009.jpg

actually, disregard my last question. So the bulkhead strainer goes on the end of the durso that the water goes up and into.

Here's a question: how the eff do the bulkhead strainers fit in?

actually, disregard my last question. So the bulkhead strainer goes on the end of the durso that the water goes up and into.

B-I-N-G-O

B-I-N-G-O

See? Look at that. I'm starting to catch on ... slowly, but starting :)

B-I-N-G-O

And I don't need the one on the smaller return line, right? I can't see where that one would actually go. Just the durso...

Archived