Innovative Marine Aquariums

Stella's Sixty-Six

ReefWeeds

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow Stella you are a rock star, more followers than Taylor Swift, People pass out of excitement when they see pictures of your tank, paparazzi are camping in the trees around your house, 9 pages of build tread and the tank is still empty and not plumbed..... :D This is real LOVE!

BTW your new paint and tank look awesome keep the good job! And yes the awesome guys are in Florida... :P

Thanks Jack! I'm really glad the stands have feet on them. Nothing is level in our house so it made it so much easier to level the tank out. I really love the look of these tanks. And the glass is so clear. But SCA's instructions? They suck hairy balls :lol:

tell them to gwtb

I didn't get there yet actually. My husband just got home a short while ago and I just got the stand in the kitchen and caulked it. Moving the tanks in there now and then the plumbing. Jack - if you read this, any photos of your setup would so help because I actually don't quite get how you connect the green tubes either. I feel like a ####### idiot!

SCA%20Bulkhead%20Plumbing.jpg

Wow Stella you are a rock star, more followers than Taylor Swift, People pass out of excitement when they see pictures of your tank, paparazzi are camping in the trees around your house, 9 pages of build tread and the tank is still empty and not plumbed..... :D This is real LOVE!

BTW your new paint and tank look awesome keep the good job! And yes the awesome guys are in Florida... :P

HAHA! Difrano, you're a nut :) I love it.

and thank you!!! Darn it, I knew I should've moved to Florida when I had the chance ;)

nice!!! THANK YOU!!!!!! Off to grab some glue, primer and teflon tape. I got some plumber's thread tape yesterday but not sure it's the right stuff.

tell them to gwtb

:lol: YEAH!!!!! Love it.

I just found this thread. How did I miss it???

Well, glad you found it :) nothing fishy ... yet

thecoralbeauty

so you glued it. right? I'm so sketched out by that- seems odd they don't just have an elbow female connector with threading to a friction connection for the hose... but ok.... glue it may end up being.

I called SCA this morning just to make sure "like- glue? really? and your manual/instruction book sucks." so we'll see if they call back.

Ok, peoples. this stuff? This is what I bought and I hope it is the right type of glue. I know the primer is correct.

Mh4JXyv.jpg

so you glued it. right? I'm so sketched out by that- seems odd they don't just have an elbow female connector with threading to a friction connection for the hose... but ok.... glue it may end up being.

I called SCA this morning just to make sure "like- glue? really? and your manual/instruction book sucks." so we'll see if they call back.

Well, when you get to the skimmer, I have a YouTube video that will help set it up. Mine didn't come with any instructions.

Morgan, what exactly will you be gluing, because that picture has a lot of parts.

NICE CATCH......ABS glue. Sorry, I have pvc on the brain.

Be careful Stella because the glue has to cure for 24 hours before you add water or it will contaminate your tank

Be careful Stella because the glue has to cure for 24 hours before you add water or it will contaminate your tank

AND I just saw that I was supposed to get ABS glue. Crap. I got the PVC glue. Whoops.

Thanks for the tip!!! I don't want to contaminate anything that's for sure. Thanks PieMan!!!!!

thecoralbeauty

Morgan, what exactly will you be gluing, because that picture has a lot of parts.

in pinner's diagram- where he has the arrow and the "glue"

I swear it shouldn't be glued together... i think i just need a female threaded to a friction elbow connector.... if i can find one of those at the other hardware store tonight, i'll use that instead... (home depot didn't have it, as usual).

I swear it shouldn't be glued together... i think i just need a female threaded to a friction elbow connector.... if i can find one of those at the other hardware store tonight, i'll use that instead... (home depot didn't have it, as usual).

I looked for one as well at Ace when I was just there and couldn't find one. Seems they were out. I'm on amazon now looking for one but then that means I have to wait 2 days for shipping :lol:

No problem, almost made that mistake while my dad was sick this weekend and I was redoing the tank return plumbing. What a PITA now have to wait 2 weeks to install it.

I also want to see about getting rid of the 90 degree piece. I still don't get that.

You almost have to have the return a 90, if you don't the flex hose will bend and might kink.

You almost have to have the return a 90, if you don't the flex hose will bend and might kink.

Ok, maybe I need to set it up and see. Seems the opposite to me that the 90 will cause it to bend and kink.

You're making harder than it has to be......get some GD glue, keep the 90 and be up and running today! You're obviously not drinking yet Stella......take a swig from the bottle and get busy!

How is it setup? It seems like it would kink without it running from the sump. But that depends on where the return pump is.

And this may be where I'm wrong :lol:

So the return pump I believe will go in the back right of the sump. Return pipe goes up to the bulkhead. I don't see how a 90 degree will work with that, but it could be that i'm not envisioning this properly.

You're making harder than it has to be......get some GD glue, keep the 90 and be up and running today! You're obviously not drinking yet Stella......take a swig from the bottle and get busy!

I'm so NOT drinking! So is the glue I bought correct? Purple primer and the medium blue shit?

Okay good. he's right about the glue for the barb part (which is not included in the parts they send you) - it won't stay with water pressure without it.

Post a picture of the sump Stella, I think you need the 90 if the pump chamber is far from the holes

Okay good. he's right about the glue for the barb part (which is not included in the parts they send you) - it won't stay with water pressure without it.

Post a picture of the sump Stella, I think you need the 90 if the pump chamber is far from the holes

Well, I took the sump out to plumb the rest as I couldn't get in there with the sump in there. I'll put it back and post up a photo.

Archived