Top Shelf Aquatics

Stella's Sixty-Six

ReefWeeds

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got the inside of the stand painted white and it is now in place! Now I just need to figure out the plumbing and then fill this with sand, rock and water :) Hopefully today, but MAYBE tomorrow depending on how long crap takes me to figure out!

Today....ya, right. Not when your drinking this early. I'll check back next weekend........

:^ )

Got the inside of the stand painted white and it is now in place! Now I just need to figure out the plumbing and then fill this with sand, rock and water :) Hopefully today, but MAYBE tomorrow depending on how long crap takes me to figure out!

Isn't the plumbing pretty much already done?

White paint is good, but why? Maybe I missed it.

The one thing I really hate about my current stand is the black inside makes it so dark and hard to see in the stand. So I figured painting it white would help with that - keeps it nice and bright. I'm also going to caulk all the seams inside to make sure moisture doesn't get into the MDF. Probably overkill, but I like planning for the worst and hoping for the best ;)

Isn't the plumbing pretty much already done?

Well, it's in pieces - and no instructions - and while I know my way around some electrical stuff and other things like building shit, plumbing is total greek. So there's probably about 20 parts and I don't know where they go :lol:

This is page 3 of a new build and no pictures?

This shouldn't surprise you, Dan :) I did post photos on page 1!

(of the tank being delivered, but still photos :lol:)

The one thing I really hate about my current stand is the black inside makes it so dark and hard to see in the stand. So I figured painting it white would help with that - keeps it nice and bright. I'm also going to caulk all the seams inside to make sure moisture doesn't get into the MDF. Probably overkill, but I like planning for the worst and hoping for the best ;)

Well, it's in pieces - and no instructions - and while I know my way around some electrical stuff and other things like building shit, plumbing is total greek. So there's probably about 20 parts and I don't know where they go :lol:

No instructions? That sucks! You sure they're not on SCA's site?

How do the seams look on the tank & sump?

Today....ya, right. Not when your drinking this early. I'll check back next weekend........

:^ )

You of all people should know that whiskey makes things go faster! Who needs all the plumbing parts anyway? i'm just going to hook up what I think fits and hope for the best :lol:

No instructions? That sucks! You sure they're not on SCA's site?

How do the seams look on the tank & sump?

Sorry, should've specified - the seams in the stand is what I'm caulking. The silicone seems on the tank and sump look AWESOME! Clean and perfect. I'm impressed.

no instructions that I can see. Well, they DID send these instructions - but, um, I need the plumbing for dummies instructions :) WYSIWYG - honestly, this is the entire instruction section for the plumbing :wacko:

pgFuPGe.jpg

And here are the parts. Anyone have any input?????

AoO1bC3.jpg

nAv3SYb.jpg

That was page 1. I though the rule is new page new photos

I break rules :lol: Ok, photos posted!!! Not tank photos tho ;)

AoO1bC3.jpg

nAv3SYb.jpg

Skip the DURSO and go herbie - trust me on this

We can walk you through it if need be - we survived Kats plumbing after all

AoO1bC3.jpg

nAv3SYb.jpg

Nice picture but were is the shot glass.

Skip the DURSO and go herbie - trust me on this

We can walk you through it if need be - we survived Kats plumbing after all

OMFG I don't even know what this means :lol:

It seems pretty freaking stressful though.

Is there a for dummies book or diagrams and how the eff long would something like that take me??

Nice picture but were is the shot glass.

The devil crab is still in it :lol: Who needs shot glasses?

Stella? Shot glass?

She drinks straight from the bottle.

Bingo :)

now i feel good about my Red Sea Reefer. Only a couple of pipes for the plumbing with very detailed instruction =P. Give SCA a call to walk you through it?

Yeah, I just emailed them again. The skimmer didn't have instructions either, but there's a youtube video that SCA sent me that details it out. Everything is awesome and good quality. My only complaint is instructions (or lack of). These were the instructions for the stand :lol: - and the diagram isn't for my stand - there's no shelf and the pieces look totally different.

w7QpT6s.jpg

OMFG I don't even know what this means :lol:

It seems pretty freaking stressful though.

Is there a for dummies book or diagrams and how the eff long would something like that take me??

]

Scrap my idea - just noticed there are only 2 holes in your tank . Herbie means using all 3 holes

Scrap my idea - just noticed there are only 2 holes in your tank . Herbie means using all 3 holes

yeah, just two :wacko: You're scaring me

Good luck Stella, following along. Was looking to get one of these and did a search and your thread came up first.

The stand won't take long to assemble, it's only 18 screws, may be a couple of drinks and your done. ;)

Whew :)

so do you know what these parts do? :lol: HELP!

White pipe is for the drain and the grey for the return. Stand looks pretty straight forward to assemble.

Good luck Stella, following along. Was looking to get one of these and did a search and your thread came up first.

The stand won't take long to assemble, it's only 18 screws, may be a couple of drinks and your done. ;)

White pipe is for the drain and the grey for the return. Stand looks pretty straight forward to assemble.

Stand is assembled! Now on to the plumbing :) It's 5:00 somewhere, right? :lol:

I know exactly what they are - I will make picture instructions for you . Hold please

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

I'm also going to caulk all the seams inside to make sure moisture doesn't get into the MDF. Probably overkill, but I like planning for the worst and hoping for the best ;)

Don't you laugh at me. :blush:

11%252520-%2525201.jpg

11%252520-%2525201.jpg

we survived Kats plumbing after all

Kats plumbing was epic and you learnt a thing or two, and it inspired many builds. :slap:

Whew :)

so do you know what these parts do? :lol: HELP!

Blue piece with tubing attaches to skimmer pump intake, and then to air silencer like so

SCA-302-2.jpg

Step 2:

Larger bulkhead into larger hole in tank (obviously) - be careful not to overtighten , this can crack the tank. it needs to be just tight enough to where it doesn't leak or easily move around. Gasket for bulkhead will go on the inside of the tank. Durso pipe will then be placed into larger bulkhead like so : (no glue needed)

durso1.jpg

Step 3 : (return pipe)

Smaller bulkhead into Smaller hole in tank (obviously) gray stem pointed down - AGAIN be careful not to overtighten , this can crack the tank. it needs to be just tight enough to where it doesn't leak or easily move around. Gasket for bulkhead will go on the inside of the tank.

Tall Gray pipe will be inserted into smaller bulkhead with upper TEE portion positioned to properly line up with notches in overflow box that allows return line to enter tank area.

Starfire-Setup-Instructions-300x277.jpg

Don't you laugh at me. :blush:

11%252520-%2525201.jpg

11%252520-%2525201.jpg

Kats plumbing was epic and you learnt a thing or two, and it inspired many builds. :slap:

Me?? Laugh??? :lol: Nope. Because when you see mine, you'll laugh :)

Archived