Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Stella's Sixty-Six

ReefWeeds

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Franklin. ....looks like a stoner.

haha! Iko's nickname is actually 420 due to the fact that as soon as he gets even a little tired, his eyes look like this:

QGYJGqo.jpg

Oh please. He's a reefer.

YES! He is a reefer!!! He would've enjoyed reefer-palooza.

haha! Iko's nickname is actually 420 due to the fact that as soon as he gets even a little tired, his eyes look like this:

QGYJGqo.jpg

YES! He is a reefer!!! He would've enjoyed reefer-palooza.

Dated a girl once that was into the dead like your man, she also liked the pot. I hated the Grateful Dead and could live with out the pot. We had a Dalmatian while we were together the dog had stony red eyes like her. After we broke up the dog no longer had the red stony eyes and seemed to regain energy.

Dated a girl once that was into the dead like your man, she also liked the pot. I hated the Grateful Dead and could live with out the pot. We had a Dalmatian while we were together the dog had stony red eyes like her. After we broke up the dog no longer had the red stony eyes and seemed to regain energy.

ha! I like a few of the Grateful Dead songs but I have a short attention span for listening to the Dead. Jeff just went to his 90th "Dead" concert last week - although it was the Dead and company with John Mayer.

Iko has always had these crazy red eyes ever since he was a puppy. You can totally tell when he is dog tired :)

Ok, I haven't shared an update recently as PieMan pointed out so here's one!

I've got tons of pods all over the glass and am starting to see a little bit of "hair" on the rocks. So I think I'll tone down the phyto and energy A&B feedings. The fish, shrimp and snails and such are still in the biocube with a few rocks and I still have two RFAs in the 12 that I am going to move over tonight.

PieMan is buying my biocube and equipment so I'm really excited to watch his build once I get my butt in gear and ship it off :)

Here are a few photos:

I liked how the camera just focused on a few of the toadstool polyps:

YOWMvzs.jpg

RFAs:

flDlwYG.jpg

1OsW1HS.jpg

Pink Stylocoeniella, recovering nicely from me scraping it against a rock by mistake:

6FoEr3M.jpg

Jeff and I took the poodles to Mystic today and walked around town for a few hours. They had a good time. It looks nice and warm in the photos - sun was shining but it was in the 40's so it was COLD!!!

The way Franklin sits in the truck cracks me up:

BkZt133.jpg

j6WiaZX.jpg

Mystic Seaport:

CXRpY5F.jpg

Downtown:

TD7cap1.jpg

Mystic River:

Jr75Fvt.jpg

aCZCkPO.jpg

OH!! and I'm on the hunt for a particular macro algae - Neomeris Annulata. Anyone have some?

Here' are some example photos (not my photos):

nhJ1OTa.jpg

AvL96Uh.jpg

4qv8hai.jpg

haha he looks the part!

Believe it or not i saw some of that algae at a local fish store recently, when i was buying macros for my eel tank, that and some weird pink fuzzy algae... idk ive never seen it before, i ended up going with caulerpa algae because he was out of dragons breathe :(

haha he looks the part!

Believe it or not i saw some of that algae at a local fish store recently, when i was buying macros for my eel tank, that and some weird pink fuzzy algae... idk ive never seen it before, i ended up going with caulerpa algae because he was out of dragons breathe :(

Oh man! I'm jealous! no good algae around here.

haha yea once i get a good collection of macros in my eel tank ill starting giving some away to people on here (you pay shipping ofc)

Same here! I really love the macros.

yea i need a redmacro for my display and a gorg for the right side of my tank, but i know nothing about gorgs =S halp!

I love gorgs. They like higher flow in my experience and the photosynthetic gorgs are MUCH easier than the NPS ones so I would start out with one of those. KPA has some great ones!!!

i have a few NPS in my tank already, electric flame scallop, orange/pink sponge, and a feather duster. Would it be that much harder to keep it with these guys? Which ones are more colorful and fluffy, the nps or the photosynthetic ones?

i have a few NPS in my tank already, electric flame scallop, orange/pink sponge, and a feather duster. Would it be that much harder to keep it with these guys? Which ones are more colorful and fluffy, the nps or the photosynthetic ones?

Well, the NPS seem to be more colorful, but a lot of the photosynthetic are fluffy as well. I don't know much about the NPS ones so not sure, but KPA has some good explanations about each kind:

http://www.kpaquatics.com/product-category/gorgonians-octocorals/

HAHA IT WORKED!!!! The thread isn't dead anymore!! I saw a few threads about that macro algae a while ago and heard it turned into a very big nuance, took over the tank and they wound up restarting the tank.

Well, the NPS seem to be more colorful, but a lot of the photosynthetic are fluffy as well. I don't know much about the NPS ones so not sure, but KPA has some good explanations about each kind:

http://www.kpaquatics.com/product-category/gorgonians-octocorals/

Thank you for the advice!

Quick question do you think it would be ok to put a gorg on the right side of my tank under my mp10? Are gorgs easy to frag?

Thank you for the advice!

Quick question do you think it would be ok to put a gorg on the right side of my tank under my mp10? Are gorgs easy to frag?

They don't like to be blasted with flow as I noticed their polyps won't come out, but they need pretty heavy flow to prevent algae from building up on their skin.

I've found they are easy to frag, yes. Cut a piece off, glue to some rock, boom.

HAHA IT WORKED!!!! The thread isn't dead anymore!! I saw a few threads about that macro algae a while ago and heard it turned into a very big nuance, took over the tank and they wound up restarting the tank.

ha! It did work. I did read some info about people having issues with the neomeris, but I've also read that it can be controlled by cutting it down, so I think it's all about managing the growth.

Thank you :) I have to check out yours!!!

its a slow start... tanks about 6-7 months old now 5 months established(give or take). nothing like yours, but its currently mine lol!

pretty algae alright!

And that town is so adorable. One day I'll have to go up that way.

Come visit!! It's about 20 minutes or so away from us so we head down there quite a bit, but in the off-season. It is crazy busy in the summer/tourist season. We had our boat in Mystic as well. Before we sold it :)

Archived