inTank Media Baskets

dferrari13

My new SPS rock is doing pretty well so far....although my blue slimer acro has turned a greenish blue...idk what that means but the polyps are still extended and seems to be growing.  In other news...there seems to be a war brewing between my hammer and my candy cane corals.....hammer seems to be winning and candy cane seems to be receeding on that side and trying to grow more on its other side, i assume to start to grow in the opposite direction as the hammer coral. Kinda cool....just hope it doesnt get crazy with those sweepers.

Two weeks ago I increased my light intensity level from 50% to 55%...so far things have responded well. I also just increased the time which the lights stays on..from 10 hours to 11 hours.....but abviously this 11 hours includes ramp up time and ramp down time.

So when my Fiji leather died, it must have left a part of its foot behind and I just noticed a new yellow fiji leather is growing there....im glad cause i miss that guy 

• Like 2
  • Wow 2
Christopher Marks
10 hours ago, dferrari13 said:

So when my Fiji leather died, it must have left a part of its foot behind and I just noticed a new yellow fiji leather is growing there....im glad cause i miss that guy 

That's a nice surprise! Snap a picture of the little fella if you can 🙂

• Like 1

Against my better judgement I have ordered a Maxima clam and it will be here on Wednesday.... I have tried to house a clam before but that was in the beginning of my reefing experience, and I just don't think my tank was mature enough back then. Now that I am seeing strong SPS growth I figured I would give it another shot. We shall see. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, dferrari13 said:

Against my better judgement I have ordered a Maxima clam and it will be here on Wednesday.... I have tried to house a clam before but that was in the beginning of my reefing experience, and I just don't think my tank was mature enough back then. Now that I am seeing strong SPS growth I figured I would give it another shot. We shall see. 

What are your phosphates ?Love clams looking forward to hearing and seeing about updates 

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Laurenscube said:

What are your phosphates ?Love clams looking forward to hearing and seeing about updates 

My phosphates and nitrates are close to zero

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, dferrari13 said:

👍 I think my tank was fluctuating too much and possibly lead to my clam declining also the clam was really small next time I will get a larger one not such a baby 

7 minutes ago, dferrari13 said:

1 minute ago, Laurenscube said:

👍 I think my tank was fluctuating too much and possibly lead to my clam declining also the clam was really small next time I will get a larger one not such a baby 

Yeah survival rate for clams below 3in are not good....but well see how it goes

• dferrari13 changed the title to Drew's 10 Gallon Softie Tank