Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Nameless and Shameless- This tank will be coming down.

FlowerMama

Lots of great planning and ideas! Very exciting! I love the planning and dreaming on projects I do. It really is the best part. I guess that is why I love having a little reef. I am always staring at it getting new ideas and changing things. It will always be a work in progress. :)

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are grooming Hagen by yourself all the time now? That's a huge savings! If Chloe didn't have such kinky hair I could probably do it :).

Are grooming Hagen by yourself all the time now? That's a huge savings! If Chloe didn't have such kinky hair I could probably do it :).

Yes, doing it myself but I still get him to the Petsmart groomer to fix his feet and cut his nails and straighten up anything I did, I can't shave his back even as evenly as they do. It gets so messy on the carpet floor but that's where I have an outlet free. That's why I need that folding area. We had a session today.

20150802_161427_zpsbr9t6iqu.jpg

20150802_175510_zpsepbxyqbk.jpg

20150802_175231_zpsj4tndboy.jpg

HarryPotter

Yes, doing it myself but I still get him to the Petsmart groomer to fix his feet and cut his nails and straighten up anything I did, I can't shave his back even as evenly as they do. It gets so messy on the carpet floor bu that's where I have an outlet free. That's why I need that folding area. We had a session today.

20150802_161427_zpsbr9t6iqu.jpg

20150802_175510_zpsepbxyqbk.jpg

20150802_175231_zpsj4tndboy.jpg

I used to take our dogs to petsmart to get their nails cut- I know what you mean.

However you don't have to use the terrible nail clippers that cause you to cut the quick (blood vessel?)

There's a mini dremel that is battery powered and comes with a sanding tip.

It is absolutely perfect for dog nails- it's literally MADE for that!

Check it out- it's $25 but if you have a few dogs (works with cats too) it's definitely worth it

http://www.amazon.com/Dremel-7300-PT-4-8-Volt-Pet-Grooming/dp/B003TU0XG4

Haha! He looks soo tough guy with that tuft on his head. Maybe he's just pissed off from the shaving though.

Ha, he was really begging me to take him outside so that was his serious, no joke face. I know, dogs just have the best expressions.

Here's Sebastian earlier today when the world was just waking up.

20150802_145814_zpswuhaqmum.jpg

And here's a FTS just now.

20150802_191253_zpscay5bnaz.jpg

20150802_184004_zpsxhrc0wii.jpg

20150802_183953_zpsv9qdb6ew.jpg

Sebastian is looking great! His fins are looking really good too.

Your tank really came together nicely. Very pretty. I really like that pipe organ you have. Is it the white variety? Very pretty. Going to start to look for a little piece for my tank. Your snails look like they are racing up the side in the first shot. :)

That coral bandit shrimp looks like he owns the tank. :lol:

Aside from the red sea star he's the only other crawling invertebrate, until later when I get the fish so he is king of the castle.

HarryPotter

Yes, it is the white variety. Under the Kessil it looked pure white, under my Par38 not as much.

20150802_204440_zpsz0dfqvhl.jpg

Wow I love those! Have to get sone since I just have the brown variety and it explodes in my tank! :o

IMG_9228%202_zpsgcwiqil5.jpg

Wow I love those! Have to get sone since I just have the brown variety and it explodes in my tank! :o

IMG_9228%202_zpsgcwiqil5.jpg

I just love the way a cute little bouquet.

I used to take our dogs to petsmart to get their nails cut- I know what you mean.

However you don't have to use the terrible nail clippers that cause you to cut the quick (blood vessel?)

There's a mini dremel that is battery powered and comes with a sanding tip.

It is absolutely perfect for dog nails- it's literally MADE for that!

Check it out- it's $25 but if you have a few dogs (works with cats too) it's definitely worth it

http://www.amazon.com/Dremel-7300-PT-4-8-Volt-Pet-Grooming/dp/B003TU0XG4

I groom all three of ours myself. The two poodles and Stella the bichon. I got a grooming table and arm and clippers from petedge.com. They seem to have the best prices! I just ended up trying it and taught myself. I now have a couple friends that are dog groomers and have gotten some good pointers, so if you have any questions, let me know!

HarryPotter

I groom all three of ours myself. The two poodles and Stella the bichon. I got a grooming table and arm and clippers from petedge.com. They seem to have the best prices! I just ended up trying it and taught myself. I now have a couple friends that are dog groomers and have gotten some good pointers, so if you have any questions, let me know!

Do you use a Dremel or the clippers for the nails? I cut my dogs toe with the clippers once and felt unbelievably sick with guilt. However he doesn't mind the dremel sander :)

For the poodles, I find myself just giving them a very short "Puppy Cut" (No fancy designs or anything) with an electric cutter. I let it grow out a month or two while brushing and then do it again.

Any advice? Our aussie never needs to be cut since he sheds so much.

He's adorable Annette!!! Is that a mohawk????? :wub:

Yes, it's like an inch wide but it's falling over on each side.

"I pity the fool" who doesn't take me out for a walk!

Ha, he's my Mr. Hagen.

It's the cleaning the paws between the toes, etc. I need to get my little scissors for that. But when it starts to grow in it's hard for me w/ his fur on his legs to cut it even.

Wow you groom Stella yourself? That fur is intimidating to me. Do you have a special conditioner to get through it?

Do you use a Dremel or the clippers for the nails? I cut my dogs toe with the clippers once and felt unbelievably sick with guilt. However he doesn't mind the dremel sander :)

For the poodles, I find myself just giving them a very short "Puppy Cut" (No fancy designs or anything) with an electric cutter. I let it grow out a month or two while brushing and then do it again.

Any advice? Our aussie never needs to be cut since he sheds so much.

I don't do anything fancy. I use clippers sometimes for nails and dremel sometimes for nails. the BEST advice I got from a grooming friend was let the clippers do the work. Don't use force. And pull the skin taught while you're clipping to get an even clip. So, say if you're clipping their side, use your hand to tighten the skin by kind of moving it up over the back. For the face/eyes, clip away from the nose. So clip out. I don't shave their faces, I use scissors since I keep them fuzzy.

HarryPotter

I don't do anything fancy. I use clippers sometimes for nails and dremel sometimes for nails. the BEST advice I got from a grooming friend was let the clippers do the work. Don't use force. And pull the skin taught while you're clipping to get an even clip. So, say if you're clipping their side, use your hand to tighten the skin by kind of moving it up over the back. For the face/eyes, clip away from the nose. So clip out. I don't shave their faces, I use scissors since I keep them fuzzy.

Great advice- I'm going to try with the pulling skin back. My dog isn't fat, but the "buzzer" (Dunno proper name?) can get stuck easily.

Im going to cut his hair tomorrow and take a few pictures of the process- maybe you can critique?

I also do the face by hand with dog scissors :)

I've been going in the direction of the hair when using the clipper, that is correct, right? I use nothing on Hagen but an Andis Ultra Edige 10 which says 1.5mm

Archived