Innovative Marine Aquariums

jacks cube -an unfinished story

jack1978

3 hours ago, spectra said:

I like this look........and the frontend well that another 400 to 600 all depends........Either an R1 or R6 frontend.

untitled.png

How much fabwork has to go in to that?  It cant be a direct swap, right? 

1 minute ago, jack1978 said:

How much fabwork has to go in to that?  It cant be a direct swap, right? 

Actually some of them are a direct swap. These bikes from the 70s and 80s came with ball bearings in the neck.......you take the tree off and bearings go everywhere if its dry :lol: I pulled one apart and didn't know what I was going to find.......well I was chasing ball bearings around the garage floor......still didn't find them all but hey I had 2 more bikes to pick from :lol: 

The R1 forks use actual real bearings in a race and I think they swap over pretty easy. Still looking into this stuff........I do know the Aprilia 125s are a dirsct swap on the 400s......but that frontend is only really available over seas.......I found one on ebay UK or something like that but it was in Finland and asking price was 400 bucks.............it was brand new though and I was thinking really hard on it.......

This is an adventure and a fun one to me........hell I smell like gas as I was out playing in the garage and fired it up......hell runs really rich as I guess the first owner was messing with jets in the carbs. One reason the guy I bought it from was selling it.......they put a 4 into 1 exhaust on it and well that just messes with the jetting right there. I need to play with it some and see what I can do. Hell 80 bucks for a carb rebuild kit so will see what happens.

• Like 1

I look at it this way also.........the factory forks have dual disc already..............they work so why mess with success................trying to keep this one a KISS build :lol: 

• Like 1

Hell like this look also................more of what my 400 is..............kind of like the drag bars and well that tank is sweet! 78 only...........

I've always been more of an ass-man #xs #xs1100 #brat #yamaha #cafe #caferacer #nobbies #shitsandgiggles

• Like 1
1 hour ago, patback said:

You know how bad it looks when the officiant doesnt show up jack?!

We had to get married by a priest instead. 

WTF?!?!?!

I thought you weren't getting hitched until......October or somewhere round there!

I can't believe I missed it, PattyCakes!

:tears:

......Priest?

He didn't touch you inappropriately did he?  If he did, it's not your fault.  

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

WTF?!?!?!

I thought you weren't getting hitched until......October or somewhere round there!

Oh like you were going to go.................:P 

Hell you cant even finish a home project let alone travel across the country :lol:

• Sad 1
Just now, spectra said:

Oh like you were going to go.................:P 

Hell you cant even finish a home project let alone travel across the country :lol:

I was supposed to officiate them two love birds!!  I even built a chapel and two bungalows for them.....right here on my property.  

I can't believe I forgot the date.....

1 minute ago, jack1978 said:

I was supposed to officiate them two love birds!!  I even built a chapel and two bungalows for them.....right here on my property.  

I can't believe I forgot the date.....

pics or it didn't happen :lol:

and I don't want pics of barbies dream home either :P

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, spectra said:

pics or it didn't happen :lol:

and I don't want pics of barbies dream home either :P

I'm soaking in a nice hot bubble bath at the moment.  I'll get a pic of the Special accommodations after I towel off......busy watching your scooter video right now.....

• Haha 2
43 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

WTF?!?!?!

......Priest?

He didn't touch you inappropriately did he?  If he did, it's not your fault.  

The only place he touched us..... was in our hearts.  

Haha. Nope!  August 13th. :)

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2017 at 10:09 PM, patback said:

The only place he touched us..... was in our hearts.  

Haha. Nope!  August 13th. :)

I guess that's an acceptable place....congrats buddy!

In other news, my damn goby decided he'd like to jump onto the MP10.  RFA was greatful. 

• Sad 1
41 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

I guess that's an acceptable place....congrats buddy!

In other news, my damn goby decided he'd like to jump onto the MP10.  RFA was greatful. 

Goby soup?

• Haha 1
On 8/20/2017 at 0:40 AM, jack1978 said:

I'm soaking in a nice hot bubble bath at the moment.  I'll get a pic of the Special accommodations after I towel off......busy watching your scooter video right now.....

Jack in a bubble bath :wub: - sad I missed out! 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Lawnman said:

Goby soup?

Close.....Goby Gumbo.

:rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, stellablue said:

Jack in a bubble bath :wub: - sad I missed out! 

I was using strategically placed bubbles :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1