Innovative Marine Aquariums

Jtgrimes 20 to 110 Gallon Long Rimless Build

jtgrimes

Cencalfishguy56

ahaha! Every now and then one of the bigger snails will get out, but i just put back in the tank no problem. But I like not having a screen on top.

Yea I don't want a screen top either so I'm sure I'll find some here and there haha
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
davidanthony921

Hey man.LOVE you build thread. Went through the whole thing tonight and wow. Im debating going a very similar build but with a 40breeder display and a 20l sump. If you could go back would you have just gone with an AIO and just called it a day? Or did the diy save you alot more money so you could get all the toys /really wanted for your tank? That's the debate I'm going through right now. Maybe not necessarily an AIO but a plug and play sumped system maybe. IDK

Also are you happy with your over flow and return? Im thinking of getting the glass holes 700gpd kit and putting the over flow in the center. Probably a better option for more as i will have a much larger volume of water. Any thoughts?

Great pics btw. What gear are you using for your photos? Also flickr or photobucket?

Cellphone pic of my tank last night. Everything was a little pissed off with me working in the tank, as I had to order a new wet side and replace my existing last night as the old one started grinding. Going to let the old one soak a couple of days and see if that fixes the problem. If so Ill have two to switch in and out.

Also moved the vortech to the opposite side of my overflow, seems to be getting better flow that way and helping with detritus etc.

DSC_0031.jpg

I bought a used older mp10 and I have to say that I wish I would have saved that money and bought a newer QD version. Hope your wet side is revived!

• Like 1

My Vortech is quieter than it ever has. I upgraded my driver as well, a few weeks ago to the QD. Definitely worth it.

I bought a used older mp10 and I have to say that I wish I would have saved that money and bought a newer QD version. Hope your wet side is revived!

I have had mine for about 2 years now. But I think there was something wrong from the beginning and just thought it was normal for it to be as loud as it was. But I cant even hear it now.

I should probably spring for that upgrade. My luck though I'll do that and the wet side will take a crap!

• Like 1

I'm running my mp10 at about 20% because of the noise. WIth the QD upgrade I could remove the RW4 on the tank and open the MP10 up. Maybe I never realized the upgrade was only $50. I had the rw4 laying around so I went that route. BRS group buy is this weekend. My cart is already packed, might jump on the new driver....

haha! I sure did. Took it home at lunch, and got it setup, didnt take long, setup to the wxm was a breeze. I have it currently anti-sync. Going to play around with the modes tonight to get the right flow going.

Hooked up yet? haha

Thanks!

I love everything about this tank! Good job man!

• Like 1
Cencalfishguy56

haha! I sure did. Took it home at lunch, and got it setup, didnt take long, setup to the wxm was a breeze. I have it currently anti-sync. Going to play around with the modes tonight to get the right flow going.

Thanks!

oh shit, just when you thought this tank couldn't get any sexier hahahaa
  • Like 1

:lol: I need to update pics now. Spend more time tonight adjusting flow. Been looking at others with two or more, just cant seem to find the right balance in speed and or mode.

oh shit, just when you thought this tank couldn't get any sexier hahahaa

Current Flow:

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-17%20at%203.00.3Screen%20Shot%202016-03-17%20at%203.02.0

Cencalfishguy56

:lol: I need to update pics now. Spend more time tonight adjusting flow. Been looking at others with two or more, just cant seem to find the right balance in speed and or mode.

Current Flow:

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-17%20at%203.00.3Screen%20Shot%202016-03-17%20at%203.02.0

spoil us with a vid man hahaa
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Making the switch from kent mag and seachem 2 part today, to Bulkreef's Total package (2 part and mag). I found not only is it cheaper, but will also last longer and by reviews more stable and making dosing alot easier.

• 2 weeks later...
Cencalfishguy56

Making the switch from kent mag and seachem 2 part today, to Bulkreef's Total package (2 part and mag). I found not only is it cheaper, but will also last longer and by reviews more stable and making dosing alot easier.

hey man so my tank is setup pretty much like yours, but my return chamber water level will not stay constant, it also takes forever to at least keep it constant, do you have any advice as to what you did? I'm using the jebao DCT 4000, I was using the eheim 1250 but having the overflow wide open made the eheim useless haha
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Well..its been a long time..ahaha. Tonight I thought I would share a cell phone pic. Looking to add more pictures soon, now that i've gotten so more time. Its been crazy busy lately, and my threenager, lol.

Tonight I added a t5 to the back side of my tank for some accent lighting and to fill some shadows in for the kessil. Just wondering how long I should actually run the t5, all day? peak time? your input would be greatly appreciated.

2016-05-24.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just used this thread for the past month to completely recreate my 20 gallon long. I just finished my build and would love for you to see what you inspired me to do !