Top Shelf Aquatics

Jtgrimes 20 to 110 Gallon Long Rimless Build

jtgrimes

I like it. I would suggest to get some type of plastic screening to put over it. I put one on mine, and can take a pic of what I mean. You don't want a snail or something getting in there and clogging your overflow.

Thinking about doing the 90 degree overflow also, how do you like it?

Thank you!

Tank is looking great, really nice job :).

• Like 1
Cencalfishguy56

I like it. I would suggest to get some type of plastic screening to put over it. I put one on mine, and can take a pic of what I mean. You don't want a snail or something getting in there and clogging your overflow.

Thank you!

Yea after seeing yours I'll for sure be putting some mesh over it thanks man!

• Like 1

Going to make some more room in my sump/refugium. So I am replacing my current BRS Reactor with this little guy by innovative marine.

0629151247.jpg

• Like 2
Cencalfishguy56

Going to make some more room in my sump/refugium. So I am replacing my current BRS Reactor with this little guy by innovative marine.

0629151247.jpg

I have one also that I'll be using! Awesome man and small design

• Like 1

So far so good. Compact and takes up less room than BRS or others. Tumbles better than my BRS too. Very easy to install, less hassle during rinsing process. Very happy with it.

Let me know how it works out! I've been on the fence about it

There are also a few for sale in the forums. Im thinking about picking up another one to run my carbon. Right now I currently have in a media bag.

Let me know how it works out! I've been on the fence about it

There are also a few for sale in the forums. Im thinking about picking up another one to run my carbon. Right now I currently have in a media bag.

Nice. I'm actually switching away from my current BRS dual reactor. I'm only running an MJ1200 and it's just not working very well. Switching to a single BRS reactor and I'm going to run both carbon and GFO in there at once.

[Edit]

So do you think it's better to tumble GFO and then carbon in a bag? As opposed to running them both mixed together in the reactor but obviously not tumbling.

I actually got it at the local walmart. The only time I ever stepped foot in there for awhile, lol. Wanted to see in person than ordering online.

Nice looking build! Can I ask where you bought the bookcase? I've been on the hunt for a perfect 20L stand.

Thanks!

Tank looks beast, misewell just buy my other reactor for 70 :P

• Like 1

I actually got it at the local walmart. The only time I ever stepped foot in there for awhile, lol. Wanted to see in person than ordering online.

Thanks for the info!

Picked up a Royal Gramma last night from a local, that was breaking down his tank. Final fish to the 20 I believe. Will certainly be taking more picture updates soon as well as a video.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry all been a busy summer. The skimmer as worked out really well. Im definitely liking it so far, gets nasty lol.

I have updated somethings and in the process of adding more equipment, and will be taking pics etc this weekend.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

Hope everyone is doing well. Soon, very soon I plan to have some updates. Been really busy with work and family. But the tank is doing great and cant wait to post some updates.

• Like 1

Following along here. Great build.

Love the Talenti containers for dosing. That stuff is good. I'm not allowed to have it in the house. I eat it all.

However, now I can tell the wifey to get some so I can use it for the tank.

• Like 2

Just saw your post in the "Kessil Club". 90% intensity!

I'm maxing out at 75% for only a couple hours - I've been debating going up to 75% for the majority of my light cycle. I'll have to go through your thread again to see what 90%'s done for you.

Just saw your post in the "Kessil Club". 90% intensity!

I'm maxing out at 75% for only a couple hours - I've been debating going up to 75% for the majority of my light cycle. I'll have to go through your thread again to see what 90%'s done for you.

Yeah, Ive gone up in intensity very slowly, and backed down my color slowly as well. I will be posting pics here and on there before and after.

• Like 1