Pod Your Reef

Jtgrimes 20 to 110 Gallon Long Rimless Build

jtgrimes

Not at all. At first when it was fresh pipes and no buildup there was a little gargle every now and then. Trick for that is wait a few weeks and it goes away, and or add a T to the end of the pipe or tube in my case in the sump to allow air to escape, and it doesn't gargle.

Very nice set up!! Do you get much noise through the overflow without a box around it?

The Long edges are 1.5" and the short edges are 2".

How wide is your bracing? Looks like 2"

Wanted to get everything over to the apex, so recently sold off my reeflink. Got this in today!

0610151217.jpg

HarryPotter

Wanted to get everything over to the apex, so recently sold off my reeflink. Got this in today!

0610151217.jpg

Nice! Tell me how you like it compared to the ReefLink :)

Cencalfishguy56

0610151217.jpg

Should I get this when I get an mp10? I want to be able to change the wave movement to mimic night and day

Will do! Im sure I will like it now that I have everything through the apex.

Nice! Tell me how you like it compared to the ReefLink :)

Yeah definitely if you have an apex. Here is a link of more of what you can do with a vortech - https://www.neptunesystems.com/vortechgs/

Should I get this when I get an mp10? I want to be able to change the wave movement to mimic night and day

Just saw the video. Love it bro, I like that you're moving everything to the apex! Im debating a vxm myself, let me know how it works out

• Like 1

Took me less than 5 minutes to setup the WXM. Totally plug in play. Apex already has a schedule programmed for your vortech, but I adjusted to about the same thing I had with reeflink with just a few minor adjustments, including feed mode etc. Love it already! Now everything is moved over to the apex! If your thinking about it go here and use this for setup - https://www.neptunesystems.com/vortechgs/

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-10%20at%208.28.4

Shows current mode/speed via the interface as well -

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-10%20at%208.35.1

Sweet thanks bro appreciate it

Just saw the video. Love it bro, I like that you're moving everything to the apex! Im debating a vxm myself, let me know how it works out

Cencalfishguy56

Took me less than 5 minutes to setup the WXM. Totally plug in play. Apex already has a schedule programmed for your vortech, but I adjusted to about the same thing I had with reeflink with just a few minor adjustments, including feed mode etc. Love it already! Now everything is moved over to the apex! If your thinking about it go here and use this for setup - https://www.neptunesystems.com/vortechgs/

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-10%20at%208.28.4

Shows current mode/speed via the interface as well -

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-10%20at%208.35.1

I need to mess with my apex but sweet im gonna get this soon

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

So a little update. Got in the other day a new par 38 led light and gooseneck that I applied below the tank to light my sump at night to help with ph as well as the chaeto etc I have in one of my chambers.

Also have been doing some research for a dosing system. Everyone sooner or later gets tired of dosing daily, I did. So did some research, got others feedback and decided to order the DOS system by Neptune for the apex. I will be getting this coming monday or tuesday. Will def post some pics and updates once I get installed.

Hope everyone has a great Fathers Day weekend!

Will do, I was thinking about doing a video. Complete unboxing and setup. If all else will definitely take pics!

Set it up and take pics dude! I have yet to seee one in action!!

Cencalfishguy56

Will do, I was thinking about doing a video. Complete unboxing and setup. If all else will definitely take pics!

Awesome man, tank still running smooth?

Tanks running great! Getting more growth every week. With everything automated now, basically just feeding every day and routine cleaning every now and then with a water change weekly. Other than that, just letting it do its thing.

Cencalfishguy56

Tanks running great! Getting more growth every week. With everything automated now, basically just feeding every day and routine cleaning every now and then with a water change weekly. Other than that, just letting it do its thing.

Sounds great bro, I've got almost everything I need to start just beginning my stand and rocks and sand have already been cylcling for three weeks in a bucket so once I get the tank up I can add fish

• Like 1

So got the DOS set up last night. I am currently running 5ml each of 2 part a day, and 10ml/once a week of magnesium. I have the apex delivering the 5ml spread out over 24 hours. Really easy and fast to setup. Seen videos and they seemed to be loud, but their not. Specially in my cabinet, I dont even hear them.

2015-06-23.jpgScreen%20Shot%202015-06-24%20at%208.08.5Screen%20Shot%202015-06-24%20at%208.08.3

HarryPotter

I DONT LIKE THE SCHEDULE

Sorry- Im pretty sure you don't want it dosing Ca and Alk at the same time- thats bad! They will precipitate!

You need to separate them by at least a few minutes! :)

I love the Gelato containers though

• Like 1

I normally wouldn't do this, specially when I was manually dosing, but I actually have them dosing in two separate chambers..and at .4ml at a time, I don't think it will be a problem. This is what I gathered from the Apex DOS forum.

I DONT LIKE THE SCHEDULE

Sorry- Im pretty sure you don't want it dosing Ca and Alk at the same time- thats bad! They will precipitate!

You need to separate them by at least a few minutes! :)

I love the Gelato containers though

• Like 1

TALENTI JARS FTW!

My wife laughs at me because I love those jars. I seriously eat that stuff 50% cause its amazing and 50% cause the jars are awesome.

• Like 1

HAHA! I have tons of these containers. I use for frags, water testing, fish food etc.

As far as alk consumption Im not sure on a daily estimate. I just keep my alk at 10dkh and Calcium 440, mag 1350. With the 5ml and the 10ml mag it never changes.

TALENTI JARS FTW!

My wife laughs at me because I love those jars. I seriously eat that stuff 50% cause its amazing and 50% cause the jars are awesome.

Cencalfishguy56

HAHA! I have tons of these containers. I use for frags, water testing, fish food etc.

As far as alk consumption Im not sure on a daily estimate. I just keep my alk at 10dkh and Calcium 440, mag 1350. With the 5ml and the 10ml mag it never changes.

Dude the DOS looks good! I'm gonna have to get me one later on down the road???

• Like 1