inTank Media Baskets

Jtgrimes 20 to 110 Gallon Long Rimless Build

jtgrimes

Awesome! Start a thread.

Going to follow this. I just purchased a drilled 20 long to set up in my bedroom. Going to steal some of these ideas :D

Thanks! Will do. I hope its painless tonight, lol.

This build is really making me want to start up haha! Send us a pic of the apex all cleaned up in ur sump area!

MrNanoReef

Bad ass build! Love what you done with the 20g long, i have one used as frag tank.

How is that skimmer working out for you? I'm redoing my tank and possibly upgrade to a larger tank, 22gal long mr aqua.

Considering might as well upgrading the skimmer as well, what's the foot print on that skimmer?

I love the skimmer. It has been doing well. Im sure as the tank ages it will be even better. The Skimmer Size: 4.25" L x 7" W x 17" http://www.amazon.com/SCA-301-Gallon-Protein-Skimmer-Sump/dp/B00CML49CK

Bad ass build! Love what you done with the 20g long, i have one used as frag tank.

How is that skimmer working out for you? I'm redoing my tank and possibly upgrade to a larger tank, 22gal long mr aqua.

Considering might as well upgrading the skimmer as well, what's the foot print on that skimmer?

• Like 2

Unboxed and added the apex to the tank last night. Took a quick shot of it before moving everything over/programming. Very excited to have this thing. I did take my kessil controller offline as well, and moved over to the apex. If anyone is interested in getting it see link here http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/361675-kessil-controller-for-sale/

Will be taking pics of the setup this weekend and get some more pics of the tank live stock etc. Also working on a video as well. :)

0528152020.jpg

• Like 3

Reef controllers make such a huge difference. I only have the Reef Keeper Lite but it is a million times better than mechanical timers and what not. One of the best investments I've made for my tank. I'm assuming the Apex has this as well but I love the standby feature which turns off everything that I want to be off for feeding.

• Like 1

Yeah it has multiple feed mode programs etc. Currently I have it turning off return, skimmer, and ato when feeding. Then when 5 min passes or i cancel out of feed mode only return turns on. After two minutes the skimmer and everything else turn back on. Love this thing!

Reef controllers make such a huge difference. I only have the Reef Keeper Lite but it is a million times better than mechanical timers and what not. One of the best investments I've made for my tank. I'm assuming the Apex has this as well but I love the standby feature which turns off everything that I want to be off for feeding.

Cencalfishguy56

Yeah it has multiple feed mode programs etc. Currently I have it turning off return, skimmer, and ato when feeding. Then when 5 min passes or i cancel out of feed mode only return turns on. After two minutes the skimmer and everything else turn back on. Love this thing!

I thought you got a jr? Lol looks like a lite

• Like 1

No, I went ahead and got the big guy. Everything was not in place when I took the pic.

Cencalfishguy56

No, I went ahead and got the big guy. Everything was not in place when I took the pic.

Haha nice man I have the lite can't wait to start it up

Ive been wanting one for awhile now. Definitely worth it. I cried a little on the price, lol but now im ok. ahaha

You are really making me want a apex.!

Pssh come on, you know he had to go with the big boy apex! You should too, and just give me your lite!

• Like 1
Cencalfishguy56

Pssh come on, you know he had to go with the big boy apex! You should too, and just give me your lite!

Yea right I cried when I spent $325 lmao

• Like 1
reefernanoman

Update. Got in my reeflink the other day. Loving it so far, and the ability to control my battery backup and my vortech. Would definitely recommend. Also added some little chromis to the the tank and some new frags.

0519151307.jpgIMG_20150520_124210.jpg

Read all 4 pages and loved all of them! Great job with this build. It looks 100% professional!

• Like 1

Just some pics of the tank to show some updates :) (still trying to get use to taking tank shots, im sure ill get better.) Thought I would post what you have been asking for. lol

IMG_6780.jpgIMG_6803.jpgIMG_6805.jpgIMG_6812.jpgIMG_6835.jpgIMG_6836.jpgIMG_6842.jpgIMG_6847.jpgIMG_6867.jpgIMG_6897.jpg

• Like 2