Top Shelf Aquatics

••Jr's PicoAquariums 15g Bommie Reef••

JR!

Ohio......MN aint got nothin. I order all my stuff on line, have been for awhile. There is only one good LFS, and it will suck every dime out of your wallet to get mini colonies of anything. They still charge $125 for BBT. This tank will be awesome.

BBT, BTA...lol

wow thats nuts man. bta are about 40 here. gonna have to order some stuff from house of sticks asap

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love natural sun shots! That last shot is awesome

ive been toying with the idea of an all sun-lite tank when we move.

fishtank.jpg

​there is something about them

I'm was going to paint my sump white on the bottom/back then I saw the green acrylic under yours... Looks really cool reflecting on the surface of the water. Maybe I'll go blue on the bottom to match the WS-1 and Vectra plumbing fittings. Need to find a blue gate valve for my herbie too!

I'll be following as you fill her up. Off to a good start man.

so this is why i think the sump used to be a display at one time

21795618643_53012e5abe_h.jpg

​you can see where the back was drilled and patched

​o and i have been talking to pat@www.fandl8020.com and we are looking to build a aluminum t-slot stand for this tank.

​with the thought of making a bigger tank down the road too.

so this is why i think the sump used to be a display at one time

21795618643_53012e5abe_h.jpg

​you can see where the back was drilled and patched

​o and i have been talking to pat@www.fandl8020.com and we are looking to build a aluminum t-slot stand for this tank.

​with the thought of making a bigger tank down the road too.

Wish my sump had diamond polished edges. Nice.

How big are you thinking?

Yeah, the change he has made to the nanobox line is great. It's nice you had a light to start with, get to save a few bucks. I had the original type/style mini, had to use small set screws in the rather large driver box to change the two channels imtensity. Wish I never would have sold it :(

Yeah, the change he has made to the nanobox line is great. It's nice you had a light to start with, get to save a few bucks. I had the original type/style mini, had to use small set screws in the rather large driver box to change the two channels imtensity. Wish I never would have sold it :(

yeah i had the very first mini. lol it was awesome i also wish i would never had sold it.

nah, that's just settled detritus, it looks like.

+1

Vacuum that stuff out before it gets to be too much. It'll raise your nitrates.

Maybe get a filter sock

jedimasterben

over night though? i cleaned the whole sump 2 days ago

Absolutely. It's amazing how much builds up, even with extensive flow and skimming/mechanical filtration.

man that nuts. i do need to do another water change though.

​im wondering if im going to have a cycle at all with this tank. started with some old and new water, live sand and live rock

That stuff looks similar to some of the algae I'm dealing with.

mine blows right off with very effort. yours do the same?

​its all over the pumps in the display too

Archived