Pod Your Reef

••Jr's PicoAquariums 15g Bommie Reef••

JR!

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so i wanna start dosing on this tank pretty soon and i think i know what doser im going to use. just cant seem to find a holder for all the lines. any suggestions?

Vertex magnetic. I just posted a pic of mine in the 10g Fusion thread a couple days ago. I got it on sale during the BRS black Friday sale.

Vertex magnetic. I just posted a pic of mine in the 10g Fusion thread a couple days ago. I got it on sale during the BRS black Friday sale.

thats what i was leaning towards. i already have a few of their glass cleaners. might just get that to stay the same. ocd yeah know

I've got one of the big acrylic hang on the back kind on my 4g - it's not nearly as nice as the Vertex. It does a nice job of keeping everything hidden. And yeah, I know all about the ocd thing, I think it comes with this hobby :lol:

I have a Jebao DP-4, but I switched to BRS dosers. The Jebao works fine, but the minimum dose is 1ml in about half a second, and it's not very precise at that level. Since I have an Apex, it's easy to control the BRS dosers. They dose 1.1ml in a minute, and I can fine tune it down to the second to get the exact does I need and adjust over time. With the Jebao, I constantly switch between too much and too little.

I wouldn't hesitate to use the Jebao in a larger tank, but not for a nano or pico.

That would work great. It has stepper motors and can go down to .1 ml per dose, so you could probably get all the precision you need for a small tank. The wifi control is really cool, too.

For me, I prefer the BRS dosers just because they were cheap and I already had an Apex to control them. If I had to buy both the dosers and the controller separately, it might have made more sense to go with something like the GHL.

I've been using the bubble magus doser - works great and would recommend it. I had an issue and customer service was excellent and fixed me up quickly ?

Surely there's something in Charlotte.

I haven't gone there myself, but I've heard good stuff about this place in Columbia: http://fishybusinesssc.com/

well thank you :D

I've been using the bubble magus doser - works great and would recommend it. I had an issue and customer service was excellent and fixed me up quickly

ill have to take a look into it :D thanks

Added-

​6 line wrasse

​skunk cleaner shrimp

​some random zoas

​super purple hammer

​shrimp and wrasse are eating already

​pics tomorrow or the day after :D

Awesome! So sorry the monticap I sent you got froze to death. Warmer weather will be here before we know it!

i cant wait. to bad about that cap. it was one hell of a piece. had the most perfect spot for it too :D we'll 100% try again. overnight this time :D

Sweeeeet. Hope you don't like your pods, that six line will destroy them lol. Mine did back in the day anyway.

yeah thats okay with me. 6 lines have always been a favorite :D

• 4 weeks later...

Curious what your settings and height are for your Duo.

Any chance you remember when you had it over you 60-F?

I don't have my settings very powerful but still feel like it's too much for some of my corals.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived