inTank Media Baskets

Pumilius Gōbius Admīrābile

Maniu

4y4e3lI.jpg

Emblemariopsis bahamensis, Blackhead blenny, female Glover's Reef, Belize

And since I really love this devil blenny, not mentioning it would be a crime:

cQPWKDB.jpg

Emblemania hypacanthus signal blenny

Blenny is amazing. Had a sailfin that was similar, but the colors were nowhere near what this guy has.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blenny is amazing. Had a sailfin that was similar, but the colors were nowhere near what this guy has.

Obviously we love fish that we can't have. Lol

I have never seen the 1st one. But I have heard and seen similar Enneanectes altivelis. I think it is also called lofty triplefin but I could be wrong. So don't quote me on that. ;)

P.S

Perhaps another shot at dragonets.............TmKytqA.jpg

It's nice seeing others interested in all these small gobies/nano fish. Here's a contribution, enjoy.

It's nice seeing others interested in all these small gobies/nano fish. Here's a contribution, enjoy.

Thanks for video contribution as I haven't seen it yet. It would be nice to generate list of dealers that import rare gobies, blennies and similar.

I am having a hard time locating any but the most common species.

Pretty sure others would be interested as well.

Obviously we love fish that we can't have. Lol

I have never seen the 1st one. But I have heard and seen similar Enneanectes altivelis. I think it is also called lofty triplefin but I could be wrong. So don't quote me on that. ;)

I want to say I saw one of these blennies at a LFS a few years back. I remember it being absurdly expensive so I didn't even pay attention. Not sure if collection laws have changed since then. This was circa 2010-2011.

My pom pom is MIA. I HOPE it is because she is prego and needs some privacy.

Found someone who sells Pink Eye Seawhip Goby - Brianinops natans but I am not sure if he sells to public or not. If he does, I'm getting half a dozen lol

P.S found one amazing dwarf blenny. But I am not sure if it is even possible to obtain these guys.

It should be fine but like with all life specimens, there are no real guarantees. You probably risk more with hermits or Sexy shrimp then these guys.

They can accidentally sting I assume. They are also supposed to be safe with small fish. My advice - make sure it is not hungry or starving lol

They do like to hide...I'm sure she's fine :).

omgomgomg my holy grail fish???????? I want a half dozen too LOL. I searched quickly online and found Sustainable Reef Suppliers Vanuatu. Is that the place you found? I didn't know Pink Eye Seawhip Goby was the name...it turns up more searches for me. I'll have to do more google searching when I have more time :D.

Too cute :happy:. That shrimp in the background at the end, or maybe a crab, was pretty cool too.

I want to say I saw one of these blennies at a LFS a few years back. I remember it being absurdly expensive so I didn't even pay attention. Not sure if collection laws have changed since then. This was circa 2010-2011.

Do you remember that ridiculous price tag?

Just curious....

They do like to hide...I'm sure she's fine :).

omgomgomg my holy grail fish???????? I want a half dozen too LOL. I searched quickly online and found Sustainable Reef Suppliers Vanuatu. Is that the place you found? I didn't know Pink Eye Seawhip Goby was the name...it turns up more searches for me. I'll have to do more google searching when I have more time :D.

Too cute :happy:. That shrimp in the background at the end, or maybe a crab, was pretty cool too.

I found it on fish list of this guy: http://www.livestockusa.org/index.html

Lol I really want that fish. Probably more then anything else.

If you find someone selling it, let me know. Of cause after you order yours first. ;)

Just curious....

I found it on fish list of this guy: http://www.livestockusa.org/index.html

Lol I really want that fish. Probably more then anything else.

If you find someone selling it, let me know. Of cause after you order yours first. ;)

I sent an email to this place!!!! Hopefully they'll have some answers for me on how to get a few of these guys. For you and me both :).

http://srsvu.com/blennygobytile-fish/pink-eye-seawhip-goby/

Just curious.

I think it was in the thousands, but it's been so long. Sorry.

Apparently they are a cold water species from Baja. I found this blog from a year ago saying that they were going to start importing them, but link is dead.

http://blog.aquanerd.com/tag/baja-reef

I sent an email to this place!!!! Hopefully they'll have some answers for me on how to get a few of these guys. For you and me both :).

That's awesome. I also send out few emails inquiring few rare species. Hopefully, someone got something of interest.

I think it was in the thousands, but it's been so long. Sorry.

Apparently they are a cold water species from Baja. I found this blog from a year ago saying that they were going to start importing them, but link is dead. http://blog.aquanerd.com/tag/baja-reef

Wow..... didn't expect it to go into thousands.

Thanks for video contribution as I haven't seen it yet. It would be nice to generate list of dealers that import rare gobies, blennies and similar.

I am having a hard time locating any but the most common species.

Pretty sure others would be interested as well.

Ok contribution #2. :)

It seems to depend on the retailer and whole seller. I've seen gobies come and go. Whole sellers seem to get them in from time to time but not a lot of effort is put forth to import them. They don't make as much money as other species so the care into shipping them isn't all that. Also shipping itself isn't that good. But from time to time they do pop up here and there.

Ok contribution #2. :)

It seems to depend on the retailer and whole seller. I've seen gobies come and go. Whole sellers seem to get them in from time to time but not a lot of effort is put forth to import them. They don't make as much money as other species so the care into shipping them isn't all that. Also shipping itself isn't that good. But from time to time they do pop up here and there.

I have seen that clip and loved it. Imagine a school of those combing thru acro branches. ..........

Here is the list of fish for my next 75 gallon long tank:

6-12 pink eye gobies, couple peppermints, pair of circus gobies, pair of flames, various eviotas and school of rare cardinals.

Now I have to find them lol

And thanks for the video.

P.S I know how much or how little stores pay for their livestock. But rare fish are always at premium. One rare pygmy goby is probably worth dozen clowns in wholesale. So money is there to be made. Perhaps interest isn't that great. Idk

I have seen that clip and loved it. Imagine a school of those combing thru acro branches. ..........

6-12 pink eye gobies, couple peppermints, pair of circus gobies, pair of flames, various eviotas and school of rare cardinals.

Now I have to find them lolAnd thanks for the video.

P.S I know how much or how little stores pay for their livestock. But rare fish are always at premium. One rare pygmy goby is probably worth dozen clowns in wholesale. So money is there to be made. Perhaps interest isn't that great. Idk

It's not necessarily the retailer but the import/exporters. I'm also familiar with the "those" prices are as well.

It's not necessarily the retailer but the import/exporters. I'm also familiar with the "those" prices are as well.

That makes more sense as the profit on most livestock is in hundreds of percent. There is actually less profit and more risk on rare or expensive species. I know for a fact that collecting dwarfs isn't that simple and whoever does the collecting makes more profit on volume of easy pray. In all honesty, I don't even think there is much pressure or request from distributors to find those rarities. I could be wrong tho.

Now I have to find them lol

That list is perfection :wub:.

That list is perfection :wub:.

Finding them (pinkeye) won't be easy ............ I have seen them on forum in Japan. But not here in states.

I hope shool of cardinals won't intimidate gobies. But it should work.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay update goby lovers. I just added a panda goby to my six gallon. He's so cute. Now to the important, what do they eat? Care tips? Do they eat pods?

Okay update goby lovers. I just added a panda goby to my six gallon. He's so cute. Now to the important, what do they eat? Care tips? Do they eat pods?

Meaty foods. My gobies love reef frenzy and garlic brine.

You forgot the picture ;). Try frozen cyclopeeze if it is finicky.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

So I need to post in here to bump this. I have an order in for the following gobies. 2 trimma rubromaculatus, 1 trimma cana, 2 eviota pellucida and 1 eviota nigriventris. I have a feeling I won't be getting the e. pellucida. If I get all this is 6 gobies in a 14 gal biocube. I also have a lfs that's about an hour away that orders from quality marine and they have three trimma tevegae in right now. I think I'm going to hold off and see which gobies make it in my order.

My question is would 8 or 9 gobies be too much in a 14 gal tank and with the mix of trimma and eviota list will I have any problems?

I'll get some pictures up as soon as I get these little guys in. I'll probably post them in my build thread and I can link them here I suppose. Any info on keeping these guys will be helpful. I'm going to start up a phytoplankton and copepod culture. I've got no fish in the tank and pds have taken off in the last three months. I'm going to pick up some next week just to get an extra boost of pods.

Archived