Innovative Marine Aquariums

Pumilius Gōbius Admīrābile

Maniu

I'll look it up Gena. But I don't remember them mentioned any specific urchin.

Yes, those gobies are amazing.

WHY NO ONE SELLS THESE GUYS.......... ?

I know!!!!! I wouldn't want them to charge a fortune, but they could certainly make a fortune on some of them :).
  • Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know!!!!! I wouldn't want them to charge a fortune, but they could certainly make a fortune on some of them :).

That is what I was thinking. Sure they might charge premium for it and number collected will never equal damsels but interest is there and so is the profit.

I am guessing that collecting those gobies is the major obstacle. Pico and nano invasion might change that. Maybe one day those beautiful gobies will become available. Fingers crossed

2EqJW3C.jpg

E8VfICj.jpg

Don't have the urchin name but I think they are to big for home aquariums.

One more goby, just because:

glLWn1T.jpg

Crapy pic. But it isn't easy catching Houdini motionless and perfectly still. But one day I will. Found his new home. It wasn't the rock cave but empty shell next to it. He is really cool and getting bolder every day.

UEu0a8i.jpg

1KIR0LD.jpg

Dang, this thread is making me want a goby!

You totally should. They don't take any room and are super cool. For your tank, PEPPERMINT %100.

This is an awesome thread with some super cool gobies. (my gf hates my goby tank, she wants fish that swim more, lol).

I have a goby dedicated 6 gallon fluval edgeat the moment with a pair of common high fins. My most recent addition to this tank is an absolutely stunning Flaming Prawn Goby/Spikefin Goby (Discordipinna griessingeri). This is one awesome little goby when i see him! I have only had him for two weeks, buthe has recently began coming out more and i know where he chills so i can always find him. Heres some pics of him before he went in tank. So tiny. I cant even imagine how people can find and collect gobies this small on reefs. Anyone else ever kept one of these?

post-86922-0-70293400-1427392393_thumb.jpg

post-86922-0-20248600-1427392406_thumb.jpg

This is an awesome thread with some super cool gobies. (my gf hates my goby tank, she wants fish that swim more, lol).

I have a goby dedicated 6 gallon fluval edgeat the moment with a pair of common high fins. My most recent addition to this tank is an absolutely stunning Flaming Prawn Goby/Spikefin Goby (Discordipinna griessingeri). This is one awesome little goby when i see him! I have only had him for two weeks, buthe has recently began coming out more and i know where he chills so i can always find him. Heres some pics of him before he went in tank. So tiny. I cant even imagine how people can find and collect gobies this small on reefs. Anyone else ever kept one of these?

Awesome and welcome to gobiaddicts. No one here will look down on your gobies lol

Yes, flaming goby is awesome and one I'll definitely get for future goby tank. Probably a pair lol.

I know and I have no idea how they catch them. I do know this...... in more then few places including latest trip to Costa Rica. I noticed hundreds trapped in tidal pools among lava rock formation. If I wanted to, I could scoop out dozens with my bare hands. Same with nudiebranches and flower rock nems. But unfortunately it isn't always that easy to collect these guys.

Great gobies you got there and thanks for sharing. Anything you care to add about your flames, will be appreciated. Many, including myself could use that information for future reference.

I dont have a pair, just one. The pair is the highfins.

I am new to the flame game, lol. Its only been two weeks. Honestly i have no clue what he eats. I have a healthy healthy pod population of all sizes, and i do also broadcast feed the tank coral frenzy twice a week. I had read somewhere that they eat mostly plankton type organisms similiar to corals, so hoping between the coral frenzy and the large pod population that he stays fed. So far he is very cryptic hangs out in the same piece of rock mostly, but lately he has been coming out and I catch him crawling around the coral bases on my sandbed but as soon as i get close to the tank he darts back to his rock. Really cool fish, like i said i havent seen him eat, but looking at his belly it appears he is eating something!

2EqJW3C.jpg

E8VfICj.jpg

Don't have the urchin name but I think they are to big for home aquariums.

One more goby, just because:

glLWn1T.jpg

Another super cute goby :wub:.

urchin looks like a long spine which the Caribbean is full of them...makes sense that they would use those.

You need to start a tank thread so we can follow your flaming prawn adventures omgomgomg. Awesome fish!!!!!

Crapy pic. But it isn't easy catching Houdini motionless and perfectly still. But one day I will. Found his new home. It wasn't the rock cave but empty shell next to it. He is really cool and getting bolder every day.

UEu0a8i.jpg

1KIR0LD.jpg

You totally should. They don't take any room and are super cool. For your tank, PEPPERMINT %100.

He's adorable :wub:.

I dont have a pair, just one. The pair is the highfins.

I am new to the flame game, lol. Its only been two weeks. Honestly i have no clue what he eats. I have a healthy healthy pod population of all sizes, and i do also broadcast feed the tank coral frenzy twice a week. I had read somewhere that they eat mostly plankton type organisms similiar to corals, so hoping between the coral frenzy and the large pod population that he stays fed. So far he is very cryptic hangs out in the same piece of rock mostly, but lately he has been coming out and I catch him crawling around the coral bases on my sandbed but as soon as i get close to the tank he darts back to his rock. Really cool fish, like i said i havent seen him eat, but looking at his belly it appears he is eating something!

That's what all my gobies eat. Pods and coral supplemental food of all sorts. I do have coral frenzy 0.5 mm pellets which I use to feed my only non goby fish, Springeri damsel. But I have seen them scoop those up as well. Of cause, only pellets they get are those he misses. Other then that I don't feed my gobies. If you don't have any large fish in your tank, Flame will start patrolling the neighborhood more often. I never had those but behavior is similar to other, more cryptic gobies.

And I meant that I'll get a pair. Maybe you should get him a patrol buddy ;)

Another super cute goby :wub:.urchin looks like a long spine which the Caribbean is full of them...makes sense that they would use those. You need to start a tank thread so we can follow your flaming prawn adventures omgomgomg. Awesome fish!!!!!He's adorable :wub:.

I think you're right. If I dig a bit, I could get you exact name but I think it is irrelevant. Read it somewhere that another, very venomous urchin is used for protection by gbg in other parts of the ocean. In the article it said "symbiotic" but I am not sure if that relationship is a close and common as say, pistol shrimp and watchman goby...... or is it more like random relationship. We know what benefits gbg is getting out of it. I am not sure how urchin benefits from it.

Houdini is coming out more and that's a good sign.

Thanks, he is kind of cute.

I had a hard enough time finding one. thankfully my buddy owns a store here in PA and he got one in and called me immediately (also got the cost price as opposed to the huge retail price). I think he has already begun his patrolling as the only other fish are the two highfins with their candy cane/red banded pistol, and those two like never leave the entrances to their caverns except when being fed. Glad to know the flaming will be fine with the things living in my tank and the coral frenzy. I do have a tank thread. Finally starting to figure out how to get some decent pics of the tank so i will update it with some and post the link here.

Love this thread! Can't wait to fill up my IM 10g with moar gobies! Ginger the citron clown is lonely :lol:. I'd definitely be interested in the group buy you mentioned earlier in the thread.

I had a hard enough time finding one. thankfully my buddy owns a store here in PA and he got one in and called me immediately (also got the cost price as opposed to the huge retail price). I think he has already begun his patrolling as the only other fish are the two highfins with their candy cane/red banded pistol, and those two like never leave the entrances to their caverns except when being fed. Glad to know the flaming will be fine with the things living in my tank and the coral frenzy. I do have a tank thread. Finally starting to figure out how to get some decent pics of the tank so i will update it with some and post the link here.

I'll ask my LFS guy to look out for a flaming prawn (or two) for me and we can then compare notes :).

Oh cool...definitely give a link to your thread!!!!

I'll ask my LFS guy to look out for a flaming prawn (or two) for me and we can then compare notes :).Oh cool...definitely give a link to your thread!!!!

You are such a bad girl Lmao such a tease

Love this thread! Can't wait to fill up my IM 10g with moar gobies! Ginger the citron clown is lonely :lol:. I'd definitely be interested in the group buy you mentioned earlier in the thread.

It will work as long as we can come up with already mentioned amount in purchase. I know for a fact that $100-$200 will be my stock alone.

And yes, you need more "goobies" lol

You are such a bad girl Lmao such a tease

It will work as long as we can come up with already mentioned amount in purchase. I know for a fact that $100-$200 will be my stock alone.

I'm just addicted LOL.

I'm going to need a bigger tank!

Is there a price/stock list that we can see? Would it be run like a co-op where the order would be shipped to one person who would then have to re-ship out the orders?

My LFS didn't get my gobies in with their bi-weekly ORA shipment :(. Actually, not a bad thing since I'm having mysterious clownfish issues in the QT tank right now.

I'm just addicted LOL.

I'm going to need a bigger tank!

we-re-gonna-need-a-bigger-boat.jpg

I'm just addicted LOL.I'm going to need a bigger tank!

You and me both Lmao. Wander what would be a cool name for all goby master tank??

Is there a price/stock list that we can see? Would it be run like a co-op where the order would be shipped to one person who would then have to re-ship out the orders?

My LFS didn't get my gobies in with their bi-weekly ORA shipment :(. Actually, not a bad thing since I'm having mysterious clownfish issues in the QT tank right now.

we-re-gonna-need-a-bigger-boat.jpg

What's wrong with your clowns? And yes, I can link store page to you to take a look at it. Some fish don't have prices. I guess it also depends on quantity purchased. Gotta get some sleep now but I'll forward that link to you later tonight.

Count me in to the goby enthusiast group. Just got a trio of Green Banded Gobies. Love the little guys. I've had one before and he was a fatty. The three I got are tiny. Can't wait to fatten them up.

Count me in to the goby enthusiast group. Just got a trio of Green Banded Gobies. Love the little guys. I've had one before and he was a fatty. The three I got are tiny. Can't wait to fatten them up.

Awesome, 3 or 5 is way to go. Unless you are positive on pair with potential to match.

Gena was kind enough to share her GBG source on eBay and I just might use it. Lol

And a bit of a bad news. The largest of Masked gobies chased smaller brother out of the tank. He did not survive. From all of the gobies I have, Masked gobies seem to be most aggressive. Perhaps the one I got is a menace and rare example of evil. But I think you should know this fact in case you are considering these guys.

Archived