Coral Vue Hydros

Pumilius Gōbius Admīrābile

Maniu

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A derasa :wub:. I wish I had one. I have a squamosa and a maxima. Derasa is on the list :).

Awesome collection of corals you picked up omgomgomg. I see a plating monticap too!!!!!

Looks like they lay eggs between dead acro branches and feed on plankton. So it shouldn't be that difficult to keep those guys long term. Their lifespan is unknown tho. lol you would snatched every goby available on the market, wouldn't you?

I am the same way tho. Something about these guys puts a smile on my face.

Yup, It was interesting to see little guy giving a lip to the much bigger fellow. School would be awesome, I am not sure if they live in big groups or smaller groups of 1 male and several females...

I got some black sand to slowly replace pebbles. I will also try to use slate rubble for a bit of a variety.

Thanks foe advice G.

I would totally collect them all if I could. I'll even splurge on the flaming prawn goby someday and I don't ever spend

a lot on fish. Those guys would be worth it :).

A derasa :wub:. I wish I had one. I have a squamosa and a maxima. Derasa is on the list :).Awesome collection of corals you picked up omgomgomg. I see a plating monticap too!!!!!I would totally collect them all if I could. I'll even splurge on the flaming prawn goby someday and I don't ever spenda lot on fish. Those guys would be worth it :).

Not sure but they are sunset, superman, reverse superman and rainbow monti. I know very little about clams. Probably what I have read on this forum but no personal experience whatsoever.I gonna have to do some more reasearch. I know about their needs but want to make sure that I don't mishandled her or piss her off with too aggressive water changes or dosing.

You like flaming goby? Cool, so do I. But I wouldn't buy one on line. For that kind of money, I wanna see it in person and make sure it is eating well. I'll be getting new, replacement tank soon, so probably more gobies ;)

Found some info:

http://www.reefsmagazine.com/forum/reefs-magazine/130101-basics-giant-clam-biology-care.html

http://www.tfhmagazine.com/details/articles/giant-clam-placement-in-the-aquarium-the-reefer.htm

some of zoas/paly I got are:

Darth Maul, Hawaiian people eater, scarface, wow paly, scrambled eggs, pink hippo,golden basket paly,blow pop, tutti frutti, orange bam bam and few others.

Not sure but they are sunset, superman, reverse superman and rainbow monti. I know very little about clams. Probably what I have read on this forum but no personal experience whatsoever.I gonna have to do some more reasearch. I know about their needs but want to make sure that I don't mishandled her or piss her off with too aggressive water changes or dosing.

You like flaming goby? Cool, so do I. But I wouldn't buy one on line. For that kind of money, I wanna see it in person and make sure it is eating well. I'll be getting new, replacement tank soon, so probably more gobies ;)

That first photo looks like a plating monti to me.

The two I have now are my first ever clams. The only thing I've done is feed them phytoplankton (live or not) and oyster feast

3 days a week. I put some in a cup and mix with tank water and turkey baste it over them. I have a lot of fish to poop on them too LOL.

That first photo looks like a plating monti to me.The two I have now are my first ever clams. The only thing I've done is feed them phytoplankton (live or not) and oyster feast3 days a week. I put some in a cup and mix with tank water and turkey baste it over them. I have a lot of fish to poop on them too LOL.

Fish poop is in demand in my tank. The only fish that really poops is springeri damsel. Gobies are useless in poop manufacturing.

I feed oyster feast, phyto and zooplankton almost daily. It wasn't always the case. But since my system stabilized and handles regular feeding routine without hiccups, feeding increased substantially. Light and water quality isn't really an issue, I just have to learn to handle her as I am uncertain of her optimal placement.

She seems to lay a bit sideways. Should I use some rubble or something else to keep her straight up for optimum light?

Not sure about montis. Also gonna reasearch some more. I am glad the guy was able to move all his livestock and finally try to sell his tank.

Cool guy with awesome tank building diy skills. Have to stay in touch with him as I might end with custom sump option.

Thanks for valuable tips G.

If I had a rock or some rubble on hand, I'd try to prop her up straight. How is she sitting today? They will adjust to

their liking regardless of what you do :).

Cute pics of the fish!!!!!

If I had a rock or some rubble on hand, I'd try to prop her up straight. How is she sitting today? They will adjust totheir liking regardless of what you do :).Cute pics of the fish!!!!!

She seemed to swing her booty around. She was facing the rock last night and she was flat on her side. Today she is facing front glass and somewhat upwards. It seems as if she was trying to adjust to light and flow. Her previous owner had her under new Kessil 160 at %55. I am using similar Kessil 150 but this light isn't dimmable. So it is at full blast. Difference isn't that huge as 160 is about %15 stronger then 150. But still. I tried to move her just a bit away from the rock and she caught a hissing fit. Closed up for most of the evening and stayed that way till now. She opened up as soon as lights kicked in. I might sculpture a little boat for her to sit in out of aquarium safe epoxy stick. Can this work?

She seemed to swing her booty around. She was facing the rock last night and she was flat on her side. Today she is facing front glass and somewhat upwards. It seems as if she was trying to adjust to light and flow. Her previous owner had her under new Kessil 160 at %55. I am using similar Kessil 150 but this light isn't dimmable. So it is at full blast. Difference isn't that huge as 160 is about %15 stronger then 150. But still. I tried to move her just a bit away from the rock and she caught a hissing fit. Closed up for most of the evening and stayed that way till now. She opened up as soon as lights kicked in. I might sculpture a little boat for her to sit in out of aquarium safe epoxy stick. Can this work?

Yeah, that would work. Maybe if you have some sand add it to the epoxy for a more natural look?

I know they sell clam cradles if you want to google that. If your DIY doesn't turn out :).

Found some info:

http://www.reefsmagazine.com/forum/reefs-magazine/130101-basics-giant-clam-biology-care.html

http://www.tfhmagazine.com/details/articles/giant-clam-placement-in-the-aquarium-the-reefer.htm

some of zoas/paly I got are:

Darth Maul, Hawaiian people eater, scarface, wow paly, scrambled eggs, pink hippo,golden basket paly,blow pop, tutti frutti, orange bam bam and few others.

I checked out the clam links and learned something new. The larger clams, like the squamosa, will attach to hard surfaces when young,

but once they get larger and get some weight to them, they will let go of the surface. My clam has done just that!

It just let go of the little disc that it was attached to from it's introduction to my tank. I was a little concerned about that, but

not anymore :).

Yeah, that would work. Maybe if you have some sand add it to the epoxy for a more natural look?I know they sell clam cradles if you want to google that. If your DIY doesn't turn out :).

Great idea. Already made one frag rock out of epoxy as there is no more room on my eshopps cave rock.

It looks ok. Blends well with white sand.

I checked out the clam links and learned something new. The larger clams, like the squamosa, will attach to hard surfaces when young,but once they get larger and get some weight to them, they will let go of the surface. My clam has done just that!It just let go of the little disc that it was attached to from it's introduction to my tank. I was a little concerned about that, butnot anymore :).

We learn something new everyday don't we. Glad you found it useful. Gotta love Google for all your unanswered questions.

Few pics. Including sideways clam and my bleaching acro.

3zEXomF.jpg

Usrt9Cn.jpg

zSnNFCF.jpg

She start bleaching from bottom up. Some recommended fragging but I just left it alone. Moved it to higher position with better flow. Bleaching stopped but damage is there. Hope it pulls thru tho.

Also, any idea on ID of this guy (got it a while back but had no name):

r8iyWNp.jpg

Neon Pygmy Goby

Or Eviota Pellucida. Thanks G

Looks like a chalice :). Pretty one too!

Little goby is so cute! Which one is that again?

I love the red and ydoesnthead :wub:.

They did color up since I first got them. I think juvenile doesn't have those bright yellow stripes.

And........ I brought home another goby :o

They did color up since I first got them. I think juvenile doesn't have those bright yellow stripes.

And........ I brought home another goby :o

omgomgomg

WHAT KIND?????? :D

omgomgomgWHAT KIND?????? :D

I was trying to get him for the passed 3 weeks. Not that it wasn't available but because he is an escape artist. 3 people over period of 3 weeks tried and failed. They keep all exotic shrimps, Dwarfs, anglers in this long, shallow and tiny tank divided with overflow kinda walls. So water flows from 1st to last compartment and back to sump. This guy squeezed thru those slots, jumped over from tank to tank. Hid in empty snail shells and behind plumbing. After so many tries we just gave up till this morning. It was a bit scary as he jumped true both angler cubes. And luckily he didn't become a tasty breakfast.

So, his name is Houdini and he is elacatinus macrodo. AKA Tiger goby.

http://gobiidae.com/species_pages/tigrigobius_macrodon.htm

A little....... Actually his stripes are thicker...... I am still looking into other species with those characteristics. They said it's a Tiger. And I wouldn't question that since it is quite popular and ORA bred..... among others but.........

P.S it is not as translucent as the one shown in the picture. When I am able to catch him in my viewfinder, I'll take some pics.

Also got some acro crabs and another gorg ;)

A little....... Actually his stripes are thicker...... I am still looking into other species with those characteristics. They said it's a Tiger. And I wouldn't question that since it is quite popular and ORA bred..... among others but.........

P.S it is not as translucent as the one shown in the picture. When I am able to catch him in my viewfinder, I'll take some pics.

Also got some acro crabs and another gorg ;)

Lucky...sounds like a fun shopping day :).

Here's an ORA tiger goby. Now I want one too :lol:.

My friend caught this little one off Tanjung Balau (Balau Lagoon) on the east coast of the state.

cZ36Cfv.png

Not sure what species he is, but he's pretty small.

Apparently the area is rife with dwarf gobies. Although most of them are camouflaged very well, so they're not as colorful as the ones you see in the store.

%90 sure it's Istigobius Decoratus

Lucky...sounds like a fun shopping day :).Here's an ORA tiger goby. Now I want one too :lol:.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGtwpzXl29U&t=50

Thanks for the video Gena. Actually, star of this clip looks a lot more like my Houdini. He is master of camouflage as I haven't seen him once since he dived free from plastic bag. But there are countless places to hide and I don't blame him. He went thru a lot lately.

I think we are both gobiadicts Gene. Not necessarily a bad thing. ;)

Thanks for the video Gena. Actually, star of this clip looks a lot more like my Houdini. He is master of camouflage as I haven't seen him once since he dived free from plastic bag. But there are countless places to hide and I don't blame him. He went thru a lot lately.

I think we are both gobiadicts Gene. Not necessarily a bad thing. ;)

I think scouring youtube for any and all dwarf goby videos, classifies me as a gobiaddict :lol:. And that's fine by me :).

Can't wait to see your little guy after he settles in. Plus the crabs and gorg!

I think scouring youtube for any and all dwarf goby videos, classifies me as a gobiaddict :lol:. And that's fine by me :).Can't wait to see your little guy after he settles in. Plus the crabs and gorg!

Gobiaddict intervention is in order, that's for sure.

I saw him briefly while feeding reef roids. And this guy is FAST. I mean lightning fast.

And after closer look, it is most definitely a Tiger. Crabs went straight into largest Acro and I haven't seen them leave it once. But that's expected.

Of cause I'll post pics when I can.

Archived