Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Pumilius Gōbius Admīrābile

Maniu

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And a bit of a bad news. The largest of Masked gobies chased smaller brother out of the tank. He did not survive. From all of the gobies I have, Masked gobies seem to be most aggressive. Perhaps the one I got is a menace and rare example of evil. But I think you should know this fact in case you are considering these guys.

Oh bummer :(. I too have noticed they are the most bold of my gobies!

YES, YES I KNOW.

INTERVENTION! !!!!!!!!!!!

NO NO. NO INTERVENTION. Let's go crazy together :).

omgomgomg great new additions. Type of goby? Peppermint? Trimma?

Oh bummer :(. I too have noticed they are the most bold of my gobies! NO NO. NO INTERVENTION. Let's go crazy together :). omgomgomg great new additions. Type of goby? Peppermint? Trimma?

No big deal, I saw it coming. Larger Masked goby, just harass the s...t out of the little guy for days. If he didn't commit suicide, then stress would have kill him for sure.

New gobie is Eviota nigriventris (aka. Red Neon Pygmy).

And place I mention for group buy:

http://www.qualitymarine.com/Products/Fish/Wild/Gobies

No big deal, I saw it coming. Larger Masked goby, just harass the s...t out of the little guy for days. If he didn't commit suicide, then stress would have kill him for sure.

Oh....fun...gonna go through that website as soon as I get back from picking up my son from his friend's house :happydance:.

Oh....fun...gonna go through that website as soon as I get back from picking up my son from his friend's house :happydance:.

I can bet you will find something you like ;)

Guaranteed

Pom Pom came with bunch of fish food. Yupp, it's prego big time. You can probably see it in the picture.

How does this group buy thing work? does it like allow you to buy from wholesalers who normally only sell to retailers?

I'm up for a group buy if you guys do it. Count me in.

Cool. Anything in particular are you interested in?

How does this group buy thing work? does it like allow you to buy from wholesalers who normally only sell to retailers?

I would have to contact seller for more info.

Cool. Anything in particular are you interested in?

I would have to contact seller for more info.

I've been wanting some Trimmas. I also liked that blue eyed dart. Any info on them?

I've been wanting some Trimmas. I also liked that blue eyed dart. Any info on them?

Funny as I was checking them out as well. I was thinking of small school of those blue eyes in my upcoming build (in few months).

Problem is, strict policies of this distributor. They don't really sell to public. Talking them into it might be quite a challenge.

I don't know anything about blue eye darts but it is safe to assume that care is similar to other gobiidae from the family.

What I do know is that it swims in small schools, open water swimmers (not sand dwellers or cryptic), feeds on plankton and it is rare and expensive.

Diver's Den has this interesting Finespot Eviota. Never seen this guy before. Too expensive though.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/DiversDen/ItemDisplay.cfm?c=2733+3&ddid=261125

Looks rather plain for that kind of money. Don't you think.......

If that was this guy.....maybe:

wWdMM4u.jpg

Eviota smaragdus isn't on IUCN red list so it can be collected.

not super colorful but what a personality and those eyes!!!!!

Lol I know...... that guy is simply unbelievably cute. I don't blame you. If I could get my hands on it, I would. Trust me.

Now you're poisoning me. I want this AND a small nano-goby now. Gosh darn it, Maniu! :closedeyes:

Looks rather plain for that kind of money. Don't you think.......

If that was this guy.....maybe:

wWdMM4u.jpg

Eviota smaragdus isn't on IUCN red list so it can be collected.

not super colorful but what a personality and those eyes!!!!!

Yes, that guy is awesome. I would pay that kind of money for one of those.

Yes, that guy is awesome. I would pay that kind of money for one of those.

How rare they are/What region they live in and difficulty of catching them raises the price of admition.

I do understand that and I don't mind paying premium for it. Problem is, you just don't see it on the market.

Hmm, makes me a bit worried about getting some Masked. I'd initially asked for 2 (not bonded pair), but I may try and get a third to even out aggression.

Thanks for the link. I'd be interested in some eviotas and/or trimmas, but didn't see prices on the site.

Hmm, makes me a bit worried about getting srarelyked. I'd initially asked for 2 (not bonded pair), but I may try and get a third to even out aggressions c

Thanks for the link. I'd be interested in some eviotas and/or trimmas, but didn't see prices on the site.

To be honest, I am puzzled by it. I mean, the aggression.

And I am not talking about occasional nibble here and there..... But full on charge, on and off all day long.

Strange as Masked gobies do live in schools. And that would suggest similar qualities and behavior in captivity. I do know that some domination wars do take place (most gobies) to establish hierarchy and during sex change from female to male. However, I didn't expect it to be this violent.

Believe me, I have tried to separate them but it turned out to be quite a challenge. It would take removing all corals and rock to get them in the netting.

Lately, his path of war diminished to tolerable, sporadic bulling. Peppermints are more chilled by nature.

I can bet you will find something you like ;)

Guaranteed

Pom Pom came with bunch of fish food. Yupp, it's prego big time. You can probably see it in the picture.

I saw a few things I'm interested in :). My pom pom is prego right now too!!!!

Funny as I was checking them out as well. I was thinking of small school of those blue eyes in my upcoming build (in few months).

Problem is, strict policies of this distributor. They don't really sell to public. Talking them into it might be quite a challenge.

I don't know anything about blue eye darts but it is safe to assume that care is similar to other gobiidae from the family.

What I do know is that it swims in small schools, open water swimmers (not sand dwellers or cryptic), feeds on plankton and it is rare and expensive.

The blue eyes caught my eye too :wub:.

I've been reading that these blue eyed darts behave more like firefish. Makes sense since they're dartfish. I think a school of these would look really neat. I've been wanting some small schooling fish that aren't chromis or cardinals, not a fan.

I saw a few things I'm interested in :). My pom pom is prego right now too!!!!

:wub:.

Do you find that your Pom Poms sting any of your coral? I've been wanting one but have been worried about my coral. Also, I'm afraid my skunk cleaner might try to kill it since he attacked my peppermint all the time.

Do you find that your Pom Poms sting any of your coral? I've been wanting one but have been worried about my coral. Also, I'm afraid my skunk cleaner might try to kill it since he attacked my peppermint all the time.

I've never had an issue with them and coral. Nor had anything ever attack them and I've had skunks in the tank with them before. They are pretty tough little crabs.

I've never had an issue with them and coral. Nor had anything ever attack them and I've had skunks in the tank with them before. They are pretty tough little crabs.

Awesome. I might have to try one out then. Thank you.

I saw a few things I'm interested in :). My pom pom is prego right now too!!!! The blue eyes caught my eye too :wub:.

My pom pom is MIA. I HOPE it is because she is prego and needs some privacy.

Found someone who sells Pink Eye Seawhip Goby - Brianinops natans but I am not sure if he sells to public or not. If he does, I'm getting half a dozen lol

P.S found one amazing dwarf blenny. But I am not sure if it is even possible to obtain these guys.

It should be fine but like with all life specimens, there are no real guarantees. You probably risk more with hermits or Sexy shrimp then these guys.

They can accidentally sting I assume. They are also supposed to be safe with small fish. My advice - make sure it is not hungry or starving lol

4y4e3lI.jpg

Emblemariopsis bahamensis, Blackhead blenny, female Glover's Reef, Belize

And since I really love this devil blenny, not mentioning it would be a crime:

cQPWKDB.jpg

Emblemania hypacanthus signal blenny

Archived