Cultivated Reef

Bad Hombre Cantina (yes I have a fish tank)

Sancho

Anyone ever order from reefcleaners? My clean up crew showed up like this today

FullSizeR_zpslcbldmhe.jpg :(

What did it look like inside though :unsure:

Hell my rock boxes didn't look that bad.............

• Like 1

It was just a clean up crew. Everything was in a large bag that had a hole in it. But the bags of snails were all in tact. Just blown away at how usps handles shit that says fragile. Half the snails seem to be dead however he did send way more than I ordered so it may wash out....although only 1 of the nassarius snails seems to be alive. His acclimation instructions state tha it may take up to 3 days for them to come out and show signs of life....so fingers crossed

Another box showed up today......thinking about opening it in the middle of a field somewhere....the sender seems shady :lol:

• Like 2

It was just a clean up crew. Everything was in a large bag that had a hole in it. But the bags of snails were all in tact. Just blown away at how usps handles shit that says fragile. Half the snails seem to be dead however he did send way more than I ordered so it may wash out....although only 1 of the nassarius snails seems to be alive. His acclimation instructions state tha it may take up to 3 days for them to come out and show signs of life....so fingers crossed

Another box showed up today......thinking about opening it in the middle of a field somewhere....the sender seems shady :lol:

Jack send you something :lol:

hopefully the snails make it........I am sure John will do you right if there are issues.

• Like 3

John's a standup dude. The first time I ever ordered from him, a freak snowstorm hit Florida the day after he shipped, and it took four days for the box to get to me. Just about every single snail was dead. Even though it really wasn't his fault, he shipped another box out at no charge, not even for shipping.

I just got a batch last week, and it took four days for all the nerites to wake up. I thought they were dead for sure.

• Like 1
righttirefire

15940892_1750750591919432_52333887509165

So this is the demon and dog... her name was Mellie on some of her paperwork from San Antonio, Tx. Her transfer paperwork was Addy. And the humane society, where we adopted her, called her Adeline. She doesn't respond to any name. We're leaning towards Liv.

• Like 6

Not too worried about the snails. But #### that box was beat the hell up. Most have come to life with the exception of the nassarius.

At least it doesn't look like any fire damage :lol: don't need that one again..................

So this is the demon and dog... her name was Mellie on some of her paperwork from San Antonio, Tx. Her transfer paperwork was Addy. And the humane society, where we adopted her, called her Adeline. She doesn't respond to any name. We're leaning towards Liv.

She almost looks like a Daisy to me :unsure:............... Daisy and the Demon kind of have a ring to it ;)

Hope she works out!

• Like 3
righttirefire

After seeing this picture again. I realized, 1 doesn't sleep through the night and wets the bed... and the other one is having her first night here.

I am already in trouble the princess didn't find it funny that I kept reminding her a dog will listen and behave maybe we could trade the demon in.

I'll need to take her out and try to bathroom her again. Anyone else have dog shyness issues? Being a rescue we don't know much about her. But she shuts down around other dog. We need to work on building confidence with other dogs

• Like 4

After seeing this picture again. I realized, 1 doesn't sleep through the night and wets the bed... and the other one is having her first night here.

I am already in trouble the princess didn't find it funny that I kept reminding her a dog will listen and behave maybe we could trade the demon in.

I'll need to take her out and try to bathroom her again. Anyone else have dog shyness issues? Being a rescue we don't know much about her. But she shuts down around other dog. We need to work on building confidence with other dogs

Just give her time.......being a rescue dog you don't know what she has been through. Hopefully over time she will open up to you guys. Just keep playing and socializing with her so she knows your her friend and not someone to be scared of.

As for other dogs you just need ones that wont bully her around. Is there a dog park around you that you can go to and socialize?

And last maybe you should wake them both up in the middle of the night and let them out to pee ;)

• Like 5
righttirefire

She's doing good. A dog park would be a terrible idea. She shuts down so fast. We're defiantly going to do some training with her on that.

She snoring at the foot of the couch. Been out a couple times today. Only potties once. Twice since we got her. So we're hopeful we can get her going. That Texas side is coming she pnly.tolerates the snow and cold for so long

• Like 3

RTF, kudos to you for doing a rescue!

We have done 2 rescue dogs in our past, and it can be challenging to say the least. As Spectra said, building trust and a family routine is the first step, it will take some time. Basic obedience training will help in building that bond, both socially and with behavioral expectations.

Tread lightly and slowly with other animal / dog socializing, Some dogs just don't respond well at all, regardless of their past.

Our second rescue, who was used as a bait dog for fight training, couldn't be animal socialized no matter what we tried to do. He would just shut down and submit, cower, and piss himself. It was so sad.... He learned to be a great dog and had a happy life in an only pet home.

Dogs are amazing creatures though, and can overcome so much!

I like dogs more than people :)

• Like 6

Just give her time.......being a rescue dog you don't know what she has been through. Hopefully over time she will open up to you guys. Just keep playing and socializing with her so she knows your her friend and not someone to be scared of.

As for other dogs you just need ones that wont bully her around. Is there a dog park around you that you can go to and socialize?And last maybe you should wake them both up in the middle of the night and let them out to pee ;)

If you bring her into a dog park find out the proper procedures and make sure she's getting confidence at home. I would only bring her in on a slow day and after explaining the shyness to other dog owners there. My black lab is hit or miss. Certain ways we bring her in (no leash, waiting for her body language to say she's ready, etc) will make sure she exercises and has fun. If we miss a cue it's a guaranteed fight with the first dog that tries to sniff her butt.

It's the main reason why she stays home while the little shit still goes to the dog park.

• Like 1

All of our dogs have been rescues of some sort or another. Benny was supposed to be put down at birth, turned out to be the coolest damn dog EVER! Charlie was so sick when we got him I didn't think he'd make it a week and he lived 11 years. Katie had peritonitis so bad that M and doc opened her up and used 2 litres of fluid to wash out the infection, again cool damn dog. Mooshie was tied out behind a Dollar store on a 2' leash. If you came into this house uninvited you would be eaten alive by him, he doesn't even like it when I ply slap M. Joey was found wandering the streets of Balto and he's Mooshie's right hand man, they get into so much shit together. Socialization is a HUGE thing with dogs.

• Like 2

Oh yay!!! Finally I can actually give advice, instead of not knowing what I'm talking about!!

Shaneandjohn gave you some really good advice. With rescue dogs, it's best to go very slowly. A lot of rescue people advise that the first 2 weeks should be just learning her new routine. Where to go, what to do...let her learn to look to you for instruction. Don't try introducing to other dogs, other people. Give her time to figure out her new home.

After the first 2 weeks, you can try training. Basic obedience classes, and try to find one that doesn't use harsh methods; you will get better results from positive methods. Personally, I would avoid dog parks. You don't want her to get into any trouble there, and a lot of people are not observant enough to keep a handle on their dogs' behaviour. Plus, you don't want to expose her to intestinal parasites or kennel cough, both of which could be present at a dog park.If you have a friend or neighbor with a nice, calm, social dog, try to arrange play times with that dog. Fenced yard is preferable, until you are sure you have a very solid 100$ reliable recall. If not, keep on leash.

Good luck with her, she looks like a little cutie! :)

• Like 5

My daughter's friends dad volunteered to take a bunch of girls go kart racing today...Somehow I also got suckered into this shit show <_< Is it wrong that i am excited to put my daughter into the wall :D

• Like 6

My daughter's friends dad volunteered to take a bunch of girls go kart racing today...Somehow I also got suckered into this shit show <_< Is it wrong that i am excited to put my daughter into the wall :D

lol. nope. that's the best part of being a dad. giving your kid some shit.

• Like 3

They wouldn't let us race together :( Last time we were the only people there so they let both of us on the track together. She so needed to be put into the wall today.

IMG_1198_zpsx1hwocol.jpg

• Like 5