• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First corals!

Duncan colony with about 10 heads

16749459307_3bdf2b76e8_z.jpg

Green Monti

16336739353_9ea06eb065_z.jpg

These look great! I like your new netting, too.

I'm worried about Ecotech's response on your MP10. I have the old model running on 3 or 4 in reefcrest mode, and it's pretty much silent already. And it was like that from day one. What is yours set on?

Looks great! Love the watchman/pistol pair. That relationship is my favorite thing ever! Duncan and cap look super nice too!

Yea they sure are cool to watch and thanks!

Holy shit-sticks,this is a kickass set up !! Looks awesome,that scape is amazing !!! Following along !!

Haha thanks man, appreciate it!

These look great! I like your new netting, too.

I'm worried about Ecotech's response on your MP10. I have the old model running on 3 or 4 in reefcrest mode, and it's pretty much silent already. And it was like that from day one. What is yours set on?

Thanks Teeny, I know a few people who had the same problem and they got the same response from ecotech so we'll have to see if it quiets down I guess. Right now I have it in constant mode because that's what they told me to break it in on, but you can hear it all the way on the lowest setting still. I've been ramping it up one notch each day since that's what they told me to do until I reach the speed I want but I keep it on about a 3 or 4.

reefernanoman

Got a pic of the shrimp before the lights turned off!

16292223753_91096ba3d0_z.jpg

16726058119_39f1f20071_z.jpg

Looking good! Just like my buddies! Some of us here got the same lights, pump, corals and fish!

Looking good! Just like my buddies! Some of us here got the same lights, pump, corals and fish!

Thanks! I know it's kinda funny haha

So I just got back from the LFS here and picked up some pretty cool fish! I got a bi-color blenny and a baby Azure damsel, they're acclimating right now but I'll get some pics up when I can!

So I got my replacement mp10 wet side just now in the mail and switched it out and this one seems to of fixed the noise problem. I can't hear it now unless you crank it up but I will say if you're getting one of these for a bigger tank where you'll be turning it up half way or more you'll definitely be able to hear it so they're definitely not silent pumps and this will probably be the last Vortech pump I'll be purchasing. I just don't see the price/performance justification unless you were running all Ecotech products and had them linked together. The main reason I got it was for the battery back up but now that Jebao offers that as well I'd probably buy a rw-4 (which actually are silent) if I had to do it over again. Anyway equipment wise I'm finally set for this tank, and look forward to stocking it full of corals!

Shit,idk about silent lol. I had mine on my brother n laws 40 gallon planted tank and you could hear it. But it only got "noisy" when it was past half way like the MP's do. My LFS has MP40-60's and I never heard them,all about 15 they have were silent but they were like 3-4 years old.

You had the quiet drive right ?!

Shit,idk about silent lol. I had mine on my brother n laws 40 gallon planted tank and you could hear it. But it only got "noisy" when it was past half way like the MP's do. My LFS has MP40-60's and I never heard them,all about 15 they have were silent but they were like 3-4 years old.

You had the quiet drive right ?!

Yea I have the quiet drive.

I'd give it a little time to get broken in. My RW-4 was running for almost 2 weeks straight and still whining at half throttle. They are good pumps. I can only imagine what it'll do in my 7 gallon lol.

I'd give it a little time to get broken in. My RW-4 was running for almost 2 weeks straight and still whining at half throttle. They are good pumps. I can only imagine what it'll do in my 7 gallon lol.

Yea I was thinking the same thing that it could get a little bit quieter. I'm happy enough with it now, I'm just saying if I had to do it over again I wouldn't of gotten it. I think you can honestly get away with just the return pump for this tank anyway and if you wanted more flow just upgrade the return.

It will. If that mp10 makes a little noise,I don't think you'd like the rw-4 lol. It's not much more quiet lol. I wish they weren't so damned exspensive,I've always wanted one.

Shit,you couldve gotten enough flow with a Sicce 1.5 or something lol.

It will. If that mp10 makes a little noise,I don't think you'd like the rw-4 lol. It's not much more quiet lol. I wish they weren't so damned exspensive,I've always wanted one.

Shit,you couldve gotten enough flow with a Sicce 1.5 or something lol.

I've had the rw-4 and it was silent. You wouldn't need a 1.5 lol that would be way too much flow lol

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

What's up people, it's been awhile... Army stuff! Been in Georgia for quite a few months but I'm back home and the tank is still standing remarkably. Has quite a bit of algae and all the coral is gone (wasn't much anyway) But I wanted to get this thread up and running again, as I plan on getting the tank back into the game and get some coral in there! Hope everyone has been doing well!

What's up people, it's been awhile... Army stuff! Been in Georgia for quite a few months but I'm back home and the tank is still standing remarkably. Has quite a bit of algae and all the coral is gone (wasn't much anyway) But I wanted to get this thread up and running again, as I plan on getting the tank back into the game and get some coral in there! Hope everyone has been doing well!

Thank you for your service! Followed since it looked like this tank was going places before you had to leave it. I really like the scape!

Thank you for your service! Followed since it looked like this tank was going places before you had to leave it. I really like the scape!

Thanks, I appreciate it!

Gonna post an ugly tank photo or is it too bad? lol

Lol, I could but it's just rock and some fish right now, not too much to look at!

Elizabeth94

Lol, I could but it's just rock and some fish right now, not too much to look at!

You know, rock and fish are major components of reef tanks, post em up! Document what it looks like now, and what it looks like once its given some love :)

Nice to see you back.

Welcome back :)

Thanks guys:)

You know, rock and fish are major components of reef tanks, post em up! Document what it looks like now, and what it looks like once its given some love :)

Haha I'll see if I can get a pic up sometime today, but I'm warning you it's nasty lol...

Archived