Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Smith's Fusion 10: New fish!

Smithjm5

Thought I'd put up some pics of my yellow watchman goby "Frank" haha :lol: He's used to being in a tank with a few other fish but he seems to be love being by himself, He's got a pistol shrimp with him building all those burrows, but he doesn't come out that often. I'll try and get a pic of him later! Also a FTS with the mp10 installed that isn't running lol

16910006071_8249476f7f_z.jpg

16909759882_cb0d00faf7_z.jpg

16723341788_d6288c984d_b.jpg

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very cool scape! Do you have a problem with the MP10 blowing sand all over the place? I tried putting an MP10 on my Nuvo Fusion 10g and it was like a hurricane in there, even at the lowest speed on reefcrest mode.

Very cool scape! Do you have a problem with the MP10 blowing sand all over the place? I tried putting an MP10 on my Nuvo Fusion 10g and it was like a hurricane in there, even at the lowest speed on reefcrest mode.

Thanks! As for the mp10 I don't have it on now because I have a problem with the wet side but on constant mode I can put it up to the 5 after that sand starts blowing around, but I opted for a larger grain sand for that reason since I want to be able to keep sps.

Thanks! As for the mp10 I don't have it on now because I have a problem with the wet side but on constant mode I can put it up to the 5 after that sand starts blowing around, but I opted for a larger grain sand for that reason since I want to be able to keep sps.

Very cool.

Yup exact same noise mine makes. I'm pretty certain it's not an alignment issue either because I've spent more time than I care to admit trying to get it aligned better with no luck. I'm still waiting for an email from Ecotech to see what they say.

I could realign and silence my old MP10 with ease, no amount of adjustment does anything for this one. I've also tried with and without the spacer, makes no difference.

I could realign and silence my old MP10 with ease, no amount of adjustment does anything for this one. I've also tried with and without the spacer, makes no difference.

Same here this is the third quiet drive mp10 I've hear with this issue, huge bummer. Especially since the only thing that's changed is the controller.

sweet tank! I just got done ordering mine and all of the equipment. How high up is your nanobox light fixture above the tank? Thanks,

sweet tank! I just got done ordering mine and all of the equipment. How high up is your nanobox light fixture above the tank? Thanks,

Thanks! It's on the gooseneck so about 7"

So Ecotech emailed me back today, and told me that it's just apart of the break in process and to give it 2 or 3 weeks to quiet down. So i'll have to sleep with this loud ass pump next to my bed until it "breaks in" I just hope it does get silent eventually because that was the whole point...

So Ecotech emailed me back today, and told me that it's just apart of the break in process and to give it 2 or 3 weeks to quiet down. So i'll have to sleep with this loud ass pump next to my bed until it "breaks in" I just hope it does get silent eventually because that was the whole point...

Only run it during the day while you are at work to "break in" would be my 2 cents B)

amazing LED- love the colors ...

Can you please show us some of the spectrums?? deeper blues?

what is your day/night times?

I can try but the camera isn't going to pick it up well. As for the cycle since I don't have any corals in the tank I've been running it longer than I normally would once I get the tank stocked I'll prob run it for something like noon to 8 or 9pm

That scape is awesome! Great work!

Thank you!

Alright so today I'm going to pick up a few cheap frags today, just to test the waters out but so far all my readings have been pretty great! I'm am however already getting an algae bloom on my rocks so I cut my lighting period back to what it'll normally be, and ordered a snail bomb from John at Reef Cleaners lol! I'll try and get some pics tonight of whatever I get at the LFS.

Just got in some 1/4" netting I ordered for the new screen top I made. I think it's a great improvement from the stock one, watcha think?

16924575486_74a5160f5f_z.jpg

16949566681_d4475319cc_z.jpg

Looks great, should allow for better air exchange. Now get ready to fill that top off jug more frequently :).

Thanks, I don't think it'll be much of a difference with air exchange from the stock one, plus I had 1/4" on the stock one too just wasn't as clean and the frame was too big lol.

Thanks, I don't think it'll be much of a difference with air exchange from the stock one, plus I had 1/4" on the stock one too just wasn't as clean and the frame was too big lol.

Yeah I thought you were running a glass top. Doh!

Archived