ReefCleaners.org

Smith's Fusion 10: New fish!

Smithjm5

Thanks Teeny! And I'll be sure to take a look at the flow diverter, I'll try it out as is first and if I don't like it i'll take it off. Not worried too much about flow since I have an MP10 coming though :)

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked mine better with the diverter off, but I've got an MP10 too, so I wasn't worried about flow. I put my MP10 right where it flows out so it gets broken up anyway. With the diverter on, the water level was pretty low, though. The outlet pipe was about half out of the water.

I liked mine better with the diverter off, but I've got an MP10 too, so I wasn't worried about flow. I put my MP10 right where it flows out so it gets broken up anyway. With the diverter on, the water level was pretty low, though. The outlet pipe was about half out of the water.

I'll look into it! What chamber do you put your ATO switch and heater? We're cookin now! B)

16018109944_d47afea7b2_z.jpg

Aw, yeah! The obligatory cloudy wet tank shot :haha:

I keep my ATO and heater in the third chamber. I've got an InTank media basket with floss/carbon/GFO in chamber 1, and the IM Desktop skimmer in chamber 2.

I've also got a little refugium in the InTank basket with some chaeto, but it doesn't do much right now.

Nice, and wet already :).

Thanks, the light makes it haha

Aw, yeah! The obligatory cloudy wet tank shot :haha:

I keep my ATO and heater in the third chamber. I've got an InTank media basket with floss/carbon/GFO in chamber 1, and the IM Desktop skimmer in chamber 2.

I've also got a little refugium in the InTank basket with some chaeto, but it doesn't do much right now.

Haha awh yea! Ok cool I'll have to move my Ato sensor then. How much of a drop in water height should I have between chamber 2 and 3? Sorry for all the questions haha.

No problem! You should have the water level about 1/2" below the divider between chamber 2 and 3. In other words, the water should overflow the divider and drop down about 1/2". So the ATO sensor has to be several inches below the top of the tank.

There's a picture of the sensor placement in my tank on page 4 of my build thread in case that helps.

Love the scape. Can't wait to see the progress on this!

Thanks, appreciate it!

So everybody! I've been thinking about live stock for the tank, what do you think about a couple Banggai Cardinalfish or do you think they get way to big? I know there pretty slow swimmers? I think it be cool to get a little school of some type of fish but options are limited with such a small tank. Thoughts and ideas?

Yeah, I would probably shy away from them - They can get pretty aggressive too, which is kind of weird.

Someone made this guide, maybe this would help

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/74703-lgreens-ultimate-guide-to-nano-fish/

Even with that said, I would stay away from Chromis and Damsels for the same reason... If you want 2-3 of the same fish together I guess you could always get Firefish? or a Goby pair with a pistol shrimp.

Banggai would be fine... 2 would be your max. They don't need a ton of swimming space, but they do get kinda big.

From my experience, they aren't aggressive toward many fish. Just inverts (I had one attack and kill a harlequin shrimp).

Yeah, I would probably shy away from them - They can get pretty aggressive too, which is kind of weird.

Someone made this guide, maybe this would help

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/74703-lgreens-ultimate-guide-to-nano-fish/

Even with that said, I would stay away from Chromis and Damsels for the same reason... If you want 2-3 of the same fish together I guess you could always get Firefish? or a Goby pair with a pistol shrimp.

Yea I've had damsels.. real assholes lol. I think I might just get one really cool fish to keep the bio load down

Banggai would be fine... 2 would be your max. They don't need a ton of swimming space, but they do get kinda big.

From my experience, they aren't aggressive toward many fish. Just inverts (I had one attack and kill a harlequin shrimp).

I'll keep that in mind, thanks!

Yea I've had damsels.. real assholes lol. I think I might just get one really cool fish to keep the bio load down

I'll keep that in mind, thanks!

Yeah, I'm kind of stuck with the same thing. I almost was just not going to get a fish in here to keep the bio-load down, but I think I'm going to get a BlueSpot Jawfish, since they need a calm surrounding, I think I can just feed that guy a few times a day while I am at work and he should be pretty fat and happy

Yeah, I'm kind of stuck with the same thing. I almost was just not going to get a fish in here to keep the bio-load down, but I think I'm going to get a BlueSpot Jawfish, since they need a calm surrounding, I think I can just feed that guy a few times a day while I am at work and he should be pretty fat and happy

The LFS had one of those but they wanted like $125 for it so I quickly looked the other way haha

So it would be possible to keep a bangaii in the 10? Hmmm Would like that...

I'm still looking for a fish (sticking to one fish for the tank).

So it would be possible to keep a bangaii in the 10? Hmmm Would like that...

I'm still looking for a fish (sticking to one fish for the tank).

One would work, but I'd get it small to start because if you plan on keeping it long term it could get a little cramped, You could always trade it in for a smaller one once it got to big tho!

Looking good! Ill be following along! Love the IM tanks, amazing quality.

Thanks! This is my first IM tank and I'm loving the build quality, it's silent as well!

Archived