Innovative Marine Aquariums

Smith's Fusion 10: New fish!

Smithjm5

That Nanobox is so sexy. B)

Thank ya! I enjoy it.

So are there any other skimmers on the market besides the ghost and pico skimmer that would fit in the fusion 10? Neither of them seem to have really great reviews...

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Plantedbliss

Thank ya! I enjoy it.

So are there any other skimmers on the market besides the ghost and pico skimmer that would fit in the fusion 10? Neither of them seem to have really great reviews...

MAME skimmer I believe is another. I was looking at the Tunze nano skimmer but wasn't able to compare to see if it actually fit.

Thank ya! I enjoy it.

I have the Ghost on my Fusion 30 and it works pretty well. Depending on what you have in here, you may not need a skimmer at all if you keep up on water changes though, let me know if you find anything - I'm still on the fence if I am going to skim or not.

HighEndOfTheLow

The Tunze 9001 is a similar size I believe (as we've been looking at a similar sized skimmers for our tank).

And very clean set up =] so far

MAME skimmer I believe is another. I was looking at the Tunze nano skimmer but wasn't able to compare to see if it actually fit.

Yea I thought about the mame but it's pretty much the same set up as the pico.

I have the Ghost on my Fusion 30 and it works pretty well. Depending on what you have in here, you may not need a skimmer at all if you keep up on water changes though, let me know if you find anything - I'm still on the fence if I am going to skim or not.

More than anything I'm concerned with the noise of it lol, I'm planning sps dominant so I think a skimmer would be beneficial.

The Tunze 9001 is a similar size I believe (as we've been looking at a similar sized skimmers for our tank).

I'll have to look into that to verify! And thanks, that's what I'm striving for on this tank!

Also, has anyone received a shipping notification from marine depot on their Mp10 QD's? They have been in stock on there website for almost 2 days now...

I thought I'd seen something posted about the Tunze not fitting but it was a long time ago. You might try a quick search to see if anything pops up.

The IM definitely can be made to work well, quietly, and without microbubbles...eventually. It's tricky to get broken in and adjusted, though.

Tunze 9001 is 3.5" wide, our back chamber on an IM 10 is 2.97" wide, you would need to seriously modify it to get it to fit.

Tunze 9001 is 3.5" wide, our back chamber on an IM 10 is 2.97" wide, you would need to seriously modify it to get it to fit.

Yea I was looking at the specs and figured it was too big, I'll just wait until the time comes to get one and probably get the ghost....We'll see :lol:

Let me know which skimmer you choose, I impulsively picked up an IM 10 as an upgrade for my 4g. I have the pico skim on that sucker and Im really not impressed. It doesn't really pull much of anything out of the water.

Let me know which skimmer you choose, I impulsively picked up an IM 10 as an upgrade for my 4g. I have the pico skim on that sucker and Im really not impressed. It doesn't really pull much of anything out of the water.

I'll be sure to!

So I'm thinking I'll just go with a single designer clown for the tank and I've narrowed it down to two

Wyoming white

Wyoming.jpg

Or Phantom

maxresdefault.jpg

reefernanoman

Like it was mentioned before, this skimmer will not fit in the back chamber of the fusion 10g.

I also have the desktop skimmer from IM and it works very well for me too, but sometimes I think that I could have gotten away with just my 1G weekly water changes.

I would probably go with phantom, I love the black stripes on clowns though, haha. We have a few LFS's here who either breed, or get in designer clowns all the time and I never really loved the wyomings when I saw them in person - but that's just me

Like it was mentioned before, this skimmer will not fit in the back chamber of the fusion 10g.

I also have the desktop skimmer from IM and it works very well for me too, but sometimes I think that I could have gotten away with just my 1G weekly water changes.

Is the ghost loud?

I would probably go with phantom, I love the black stripes on clowns though, haha. We have a few LFS's here who either breed, or get in designer clowns all the time and I never really loved the wyomings when I saw them in person - but that's just me

I've never seen either in person, but I had a frostbite in my last tank and I loved the white, it just glows!

That Phantom looks awesome!!

I agree lol, it's a tough choice tho!

reefernanoman

That kills it for me lol, it's next to my bed

I slept next to it the other night and it was pretty annoying. Honestly, just don't get a skimmer.

Dammit,

I am on a hunt for a Fusion 10. Cant wait to pick one up.

They're sweet little tanks, good luck!

Ammonia is finally spiking!

16148162583_f187bd8c6d_z.jpg

The ghost is loud when it's getting going because you crank the bubbles up to the max. Now that mine is going well, I've got the cup really low and the bubbles cranked almost off. It's pretty quiet now...but it's still more than I'd want to sleep next to.

It works for me, but if there was another option that worked better I'd switch in a heartbeat ;)

The ghost is loud when it's getting going because you crank the bubbles up to the max. Now that mine is going well, I've got the cup really low and the bubbles cranked almost off. It's pretty quiet now...but it's still more than I'd want to sleep next to.

It works for me, but if there was another option that worked better I'd switch in a heartbeat ;)

I'll second this for sure. Love the ghost and it's design, hate the noise - not sure why it is loud

That being said, for what can fit in our tank and doesn't look like trash... I would just try running your tank skimmer-less, keep up on weekly water changes and see how that fares for you. I'm really not sure what you are going to get that won't make noise while you are sleeping.

I'll second this for sure. Love the ghost and it's design, hate the noise - not sure why it is loud

That being said, for what can fit in our tank and doesn't look like trash... I would just try running your tank skimmer-less, keep up on weekly water changes and see how that fares for you. I'm really not sure what you are going to get that won't make noise while you are sleeping.

That's the plan for now, I'll prob just run chemi pure elite and purigen. I wonder if I could use the middle chamber for chaeto?

reefernanoman

My Mp10 QD finally shipped and is scheduled to arrive on thursday! WOOP!

I think that you should have gotten the discounted old model better, since you won't be able to use your pump at more than 40% and noise is irrelevant at this speed. Unless you upgrade to a bigger tank like a 40G, then you are future proofing I guess. I decided to go for a an MP10wes for $208 instead.

Archived