Innovative Marine Aquariums

Nano Box Hybrid : Pricing, Pictures, Info

DaveFason

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea, two units would be needed. Just to much of a stretch!

Hmmm.... Silly question then: since my reef will be a slower build, if I hung a single Hybrid strategically to cover say two thirds of the tank and only put coral there, would that work until there was cash for a second hybrid? if so, given the additional depth of a 75 gallon, that's where the quad T5 quad LED Hybrids can come in handy?

jedimasterben

Hmmm.... Silly question then: since my reef will be a slower build, if I hung a single Hybrid strategically to cover say two thirds of the tank and only put coral there, would that work until there was cash for a second hybrid? if so, given the additional depth of a 75 gallon, that's where the quad T5 quad LED Hybrids can come in handy?

You could do that, yes, and yes, the T5 work best on taller tanks, though if you're not going to do a lot of SPS, then I'd stick with two.

You could do that, yes, and yes, the T5 work best on taller tanks, though if you're not going to do a lot of SPS, then I'd stick with two.

Good to know, because I ~FINALLY~ got hubby to look in depth at some coral and.... Acropora (and other branching/"spikey" coral) is one of the main things he wants in the tank (but also wants torches, hammers, anemone(s), and doesn't mind that I want brains, fox, and zoas). Not that I mind, I just assumed all he wanted was longer and flowing ones that moved with the current :P Guess I best get saving ^_^

Like Ben said, yes. :)

From the show. Sorry this took SO long. I will have more this weekend. Life has been a bit nutty.

16706080082_59b4a89aa1_z.jpg_DSC5569 by NanoBoxReef, on Flickr

16706084232_45255ed209_z.jpg_DSC5562 by NanoBoxReef, on Flickr

-Dave

Mother of goodness... Hmmm now do I get rid of my Radion with the gen3 pros in it.... How many plugs does this guy take up? 3? one for led, and one for each t5 ballast?
jedimasterben

Mother of goodness... Hmmm now do I get rid of my Radion with the gen3 pros in it.... How many plugs does this guy take up? 3? one for led, and one for each t5 ballast?

Right, one will power the LEDs, fans, and Bluefish Mini, and then one for each pair of T5.

What colors did you guys get?

Mine will have a navy blue top

Same as demo model

White cable sleeve

Asked for white fans, but I don't think it was possible :(

4 arrays / Dual T5

Steensj2004

Same as demo model

White cable sleeve

Asked for white fans, but I don't think it was possible :(

4 arrays / Dual T5

Your new tank is gonna be bishin, specially with a hybrid!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't want to keep bothering dave with my questions so I'll just ask here. I am doing a 68x20x22H build. I know I need two of these.

Question is: I know I'm going with the Quad T5's but if I'm just supplementing with the LED will the dual LED setup be enough in each light?

Or would I for sure need the Dual/Dual.

thanks, Want to place an order but its a lot of money and a decent difference between the Dual/Quad and Quad/Quad when you need to get two.

What kind of corals do you plan on keeping?

Going from my 30L to this to grow out my SPS. I'll keep some LPS, mainly just what I have now.

Caravanshaka

68 seems pretty long to try and get coverage with 2 24" hybrids.

Have you considered retrofitting an ATI sunpower with some nanobox arrays? I have a 60x30x24 and am finishing up retrofitting 6 arrays into my 8x80w sunpower and keeping 6 t5 bulbs. Including bulbs I will have around $1,300 in parts invested.

I would think with that width you could do a 4x80w fixture and just use 2 bulbs and put a strip of 4-6 arrays down the middle.

I've been looking at the ati but Dave says these will work. I'm thinking if they are like 6 inches a part I should be good. If Dave thinks an ATI retro would work better I'd pay for that.

Caravanshaka

I personally think the ATI retrofit will be the best choice for your tank size. It will also lessen the bulb change cost to not have 2 fixtures to replace.

jedimasterben

An ATI retro would be best, but then you've got to figure in cost of that fixture on top of the retro cost. The Sunpowers also are really pretty low quality after just having modded one, but they have good ballasts and good reflectors, so they are a decent value.

Archived