Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Nano Box Hybrid : Pricing, Pictures, Info

DaveFason

jedimasterben

Dave, what would you recommend for a 36x24x24 cube. I would imagine one of the quad's? The tank would be to completely support sps. From your par readings diagram my main concern would be the width (24")and heigth (24") of the tank - more than the length.

Quad with at least two T5 IMHO. My tank is 48x24x16 and I went with a total of eight arrays in two rows spaced out around 6.5" for better front-to-back coverage.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quad with at least two T5 IMHO. My tank is 48x24x16 and I went with a total of eight arrays in two rows spaced out around 6.5" for better front-to-back coverage.

Thanks Ben, that's probably where I am leaning

Dave, what would you recommend for a 36x24x24 cube. I would imagine one of the quad's? The tank would be to completely support sps. From your par readings diagram my main concern would be the width (24")and heigth (24") of the tank - more than the length.

I would go with the Hybrid, QUAD array and dual bulbs or QUAD array with four bulbs.

-Dave

If you have a 36" tank, it will light the tank easily. What are the dimensions?

-Dave

Guessing that this would work fairly well for an Innovative Marine Fusion 30? That seems to be the tank my spouse and I can agree on in our current place. How high up would it have to be hung for reasonable coverage at the ends?

jedimasterben

Guessing that this would work fairly well for an Innovative Marine Fusion 30? That seems to be the tank my spouse and I can agree on in our current place. How high up would it have to be hung for reasonable coverage at the ends?

The display area is 36"x11"x13", so it realistically would not need to be hung very high for proper coverage, however I always try and keep my lights at least 8" away from the top of the tank to keep them away from the water.

The display area is 36"x11"x13", so it realistically would not need to be hung very high for proper coverage, however I always try and keep my lights at least 8" away from the top of the tank to keep them away from the water.

Makes sense, and good to know. I found it rather interesting how quickly my spouse went "I want one of those" when he was shown the Nanobox Hybrid. Guess I better get saving.

jedimasterben

Makes sense, and good to know. I found it rather interesting how quickly my spouse went "I want one of those" when he was shown the Nanobox Hybrid. Guess I better get saving.

SHE'S A KEEPER

:)

I am loading today I hope. I have had delays, ice and every other combo to delay this stuff.

WHERE DA PEEEEECHURS ?

Awesome! I must say, they are lookers.

Thanks Ben, that's probably where I am leaning

I'd go with at 4 x T5, 2 is nice to supplement but 4 will be better for full SPS IMO. :)

Yes, they will work well on tanks up to 36"x24" footprint.

Definitely glad to hear. Hubby, not to mention some of the locals I've talked with for advice, plus seeing some of the gorgeous builds on here have pretty much convinced me to go with a slightly larger, deeper tank with a sump. Still want the NanoBox Hybrid as they're so sexy.

With the 18" depth and the stock being mainly LPS (torches, hammers, brains, etc), anemonies and zoas (but probably some SPS - we're still debating about such), which version of the fixture would you recommend?

jedimasterben

Definitely glad to hear. Hubby, not to mention some of the locals I've talked with for advice, plus seeing some of the gorgeous builds on here have pretty much convinced me to go with a slightly larger, deeper tank with a sump. Still want the NanoBox Hybrid as they're so sexy.

With the 18" depth and the stock being mainly LPS (torches, hammers, brains, etc), anemonies and zoas (but probably some SPS - we're still debating about such), which version of the fixture would you recommend?

I would do four LED arrays and two T5HO.

SO I have a IM 30L and looking to upgrade to something like a Deep Blue 57 (36x18x21) or a custom 36x15x18 if I decide to keep my current stand. My question is, why wouldn't i go for the Quad led Quad T5?

It would be above my 30L for a few months until I can upgrade the tank.

I asked Dave the same question, he seemed to think over my tank (36 x 18 x 12) the quad would be gross overkill.....

SO I have a IM 30L and looking to upgrade to something like a Deep Blue 57 (36x18x21) or a custom 36x15x18 if I decide to keep my current stand. My question is, why wouldn't i go for the Quad led Quad T5?

jedimasterben

I asked Dave the same question, he seemed to think over my tank (36 x 18 x 12) the quad would be gross overkill.....

Your tank is 6-9" shorter, which is the reason for that.

I'm guessing for a standard dimension 75 gallon tank (48" wide, 18" deep, 21" high) one would require two of these?

(....Local stores put out some deals for 75 gallon tanks and they're more or less the same price as 40 breeders atm. One store apparently has "reef ready" 75 gallon tanks for just a bit more than standard 40 breeders too o_O)

jedimasterben

I'm guessing for a standard dimension 75 gallon tank (48" wide, 18" deep, 21" high) one would require two of these?

(....Local stores put out some deals for 75 gallon tanks and they're more or less the same price as 40 breeders atm. One store apparently has "reef ready" 75 gallon tanks for just a bit more than standard 40 breeders too o_O)

Correct, a 24" light just doesn't work for a 48" tank.

Yea, two units would be needed. Just to much of a stretch!

Again to much. :)

Why would you NOT! :D

Yes.

Would a single one of these work over a 40 breeder mixed reef?

So close. I am working my tail off finishing up with the old job.

So.... We gonna get some more pictures of these beasts?

Archived