ReefCleaners.org

Nano Box Hybrid : Pricing, Pictures, Info

DaveFason

kylhcky, on 08 Feb 2015 - 7:05 PM, said:kylhcky, on 08 Feb 2015 - 7:05 PM, said:

it's literally perfect. looks like i know how im spending my tax return.

Tax Return???

What the heck is that? I haven't seen a tax reurn in over 20 years!!

Oh Well...... HI-HO, HI-HO, It's Off To Work I Go....

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ordered mine, losing my mind over here waiting on it......mmmmmm. Best part of my purchase was explaining to my Fiance why a light costs/ is worth 1000.00.... near impossible to explain to someone who doesn't shoot Saltwater intravenously. :lol:

Lights are awesome looking Dave!

Ordered mine, losing my mind over here waiting on it......mmmmmm. Best part of my purchase was explaining to my Fiance why a light costs/ is worth 1000.00.... near impossible to explain to someone who doesn't shoot Saltwater intravenously. :lol:

Lights are awesome looking Dave!

Thanks. While I know they are expensive they are very fairly priced compared to others out there.

Any who I am working away. Things have been nuts over here.

-Dave

Thanks. While I know they are expensive they are very fairly priced compared to others out there.

Any who I am working away. Things have been nuts over here.

-Dave

I'd call them very fairly priced. Two comparible LED lights cost nearly the same, without T5 supplement.

I'd call them very fairly priced. Two comparible LED lights cost nearly the same, without T5 supplement.

Agreed. Quad T5, quad 13-up is slightly cheaper than a pair of radions. I'd take the hybrid every time. I'm looking forward to seeing one of these over a 60 gallon cube, a standard 65, or one of the shallow cubes people have been going crazy over.

Agreed. Quad T5, quad 13-up is slightly cheaper than a pair of radions. I'd take the hybrid every time. I'm looking forward to seeing one of these over a 60 gallon cube, a standard 65, or one of the shallow cubes people have been going crazy over.

I am slapping mine over a 36 x 18x 12 tank, should be killer!

Any new pics Dave???

I'm sure we'll see more around Reefstock time.

I'm kind of surprised that the newest reefbuilders article didn't figure out what it was considering the name and the generally good communication between reefbuilders and Dave.

SpencerShepard

I'm sure we'll see more around Reefstock time.

I'm kind of surprised that the newest reefbuilders article didn't figure out what it was considering the name and the generally good communication between reefbuilders and Dave.

Maybe he wanted to save some story for another post after Reefstock. Juicy details... like how it has a wicked wifi controller built in. ;)

I have had a heck of a week between NB and my day job. On top of that my dog scratched it eye which was an ordeal.

Thanks for hanging in guys! I will have updated photos JUST for Nano-Reef this weekend.

-Dave

Stunning maybe one day they will come in 36" but stunning nun the less . Keep up the great work

If you have a 36" tank, it will light the tank easily. What are the dimensions?

-Dave

36x20x20 Sps all over (including edges of tank)

I ran a ATI sun power for years. Four bulb, 24" tank. Packed with SPS. It even won TOTM!

I honestly believe the 4 bulb, 4 array would be plenty. I could even put six arrays in there... :)

jedimasterben

Hey Dave, What about hanging these? Trying to iron that out now......getting impatient for the light! lol

Found this on the CNCreef website.

asis4x12_hanging.jpg

Hey Dave, What about hanging these? Trying to iron that out now......getting impatient for the light! lol

My own hanging kit. Different from above. It will be a 3/64" wire and grommet. Sleek to match the unit. :)

jedimasterben

My own hanging kit. Different from above. It will be a 3/64" wire and grommet. Sleek to match the unit. :)

Good. I still have no clue what the hell is in the pic above lol

AB1E2BF1-CA24-40B7-A516-9885E6EAF4FC_zps

Hurry Dave! Mah box is wet!!! It's been water tested!

that is a sweet setup! I really like that stand.

do you have a build thread for this tank yet?

that is a sweet setup! I really like that stand.

do you have a build thread for this tank yet?

Thanks! Here is the link, Ill get my signature worked out sometime soon to replace the old one. Trying to get it over to my Condo this week and running this weekend, then I can start the cycle and wait for Daves hybrid!!!

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/357226-steensjs-deep-blue-34-shallowwater-test-pics-and-video/page-4#entry4959416

Dave, what would you recommend for a 36x24x24 cube. I would imagine one of the quad's? The tank would be to completely support sps. From your par readings diagram my main concern would be the width (24")and heigth (24") of the tank - more than the length.

Archived