inTank Media Baskets

TeenyReef's 10g Fusion - ATO Disaster

teenyreef

Ha! Told you :) A few more zoa pictures. I usually can't get them in focus, so I'm really happy about these. This one is from the Legendary Corals order way back when...Raptor's Rainbows. They've been multiplying slowly and gaining color since I bumped up the lights. Target feeding has helped them open up better. The biggest one, in this picture, still has a little bit that's closed but is doing great otherwise. 24381100546_9749989a38_b.jpgRaptor's Rainbow Zoas by TeenyReef, on Flickr These are Aquafresh Vice zoas from Aquascapers :)24111715390_4cc33162a7_b.jpgAquafresh Vice Zoas by TeenyReef, on Flickr

send me Aquafresh! Okthxbuddy
  • Like 2

I'm having one of those days where I can't get anything done without doing seventeen other things first. I went to hook up the new light but then remembered I need to reorganize the cords in the cabinet under the tank. Before I could start that, I noticed that the green RFA had moved itself up on the rock just enough to cover up most of the big palys I got from Zia as well as most of the Aquafresh zoas I just posted last night.

So I spent an hour or so just pulling out the old frag plugs, trimming them, and regluing them higher. I also peeled off some of the Aquafresh zoas that had been under the RFA and putting them on a new frag plug on the frag rack. Hopefully they'll recover and I can have more frags :)

So no new pics because everthing's pissed off now. BUT, I have a few more pics that I took last night, so I'll just put these here for now.

Fraggle Rock. Not much change here, but the purple bonsai (topmost in the picture) seems to getting more purple and the PE is looking pretty good.

24300332122_ffea406bda_b.jpgAcros by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Nameless green zoas from the LFS:

23781799333_cc5362d12d_b.jpg20160115-untitled-013-Edit.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

More nameless LFS zoas. I think these are supposed to be smoldering cauldrons or something like that, but they lost some color when they were shaded for a while. The one at the very bottom of the picture has colored up, hopefully the rest will follow soon.

24040771139_41b1584653_b.jpg20160115-untitled-014-Edit.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

This monti came from Zia, he said it was a WWC grafted monti. I moved it more into the light a couple weeks ago and it's started to color up.

24040772169_f6d377559e_b.jpgWWC Grafted Monti (from Zia) by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 12

send me Aquafresh! Okthxbuddy

Hmm, trade for some ultra searchlights? :D

I actually just had to put a few onto a frag plug that were getting covered up by the RFA. If they recover I'll let you know.

• Like 2

Always such beautiful pictures! Those zoas :wub: damn! Haha. That bonsai looks great. As soon as I move home again I plan on finding another of those. Mine died in the great tank move! Yours looks super happy, very vivid

• Like 2

I'm having one of those days where I can't get anything done without doing seventeen other things first. I went to hook up the new light but then remembered I need to reorganize the cords in the cabinet under the tank. Before I could start that, I noticed that the green RFA had moved itself up on the rock just enough to cover up most of the big palys I got from Zia as well as most of the Aquafresh zoas I just posted last night.

So I spent an hour or so just pulling out the old frag plugs, trimming them, and regluing them higher. I also peeled off some of the Aquafresh zoas that had been under the RFA and putting them on a new frag plug on the frag rack. Hopefully they'll recover and I can have more frags :)

So no new pics because everthing's pissed off now. BUT, I have a few more pics that I took last night, so I'll just put these here for now.

Fraggle Rock. Not much change here, but the purple bonsai (topmost in the picture) seems to getting more purple and the PE is looking pretty good.

Nameless green zoas from the LFS:

23781799333_cc5362d12d_b.jpg20160115-untitled-013-Edit.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

More nameless LFS zoas. I think these are supposed to be smoldering cauldrons or something like that, but they lost some color when they were shaded for a while. The one at the very bottom of the picture has colored up, hopefully the rest will follow soon.

24040771139_41b1584653_b.jpg20160115-untitled-014-Edit.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

This monti came from Zia, he said it was a WWC grafted monti. I moved it more into the light a couple weeks ago and it's started to color up.

24040772169_f6d377559e_b.jpgWWC Grafted Monti (from Zia) by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Ok, what are those awesome blue-whitish blobby things in the last picture??? They look really freaking cool!

And everything looks awesome. Those vice zoas are so pretty (aqua fresh). I'm hoping Aquascapers comes back! They always have awesome vice zoas.

I did the same thing today. Was working on the sump, then I got lazy (so ok, not the same thing as 17 other things), but then I started to organize my fish closet. Then I started to clean out the cabinet near the tank. Then I realized I just made MORE of a mess than what it was before I started. So I never got to the 12 long, but cleaned the sump and did the water change in the 66. And made a heck of a mess in the cabinet and closet :lol:

• Like 1

Ok, what are those awesome blue-whitish blobby things in the last picture??? They look really freaking cool!

And everything looks awesome. Those vice zoas are so pretty (aqua fresh). I'm hoping Aquascapers comes back! They always have awesome vice zoas.

I did the same thing today. Was working on the sump, then I got lazy (so ok, not the same thing as 17 other things), but then I started to organize my fish closet. Then I started to clean out the cabinet near the tank. Then I realized I just made MORE of a mess than what it was before I started. So I never got to the 12 long, but cleaned the sump and did the water change in the 66. And made a heck of a mess in the cabinet and closet :lol:

Those white blobs are my rics that lost all their color. I call them ghost rics now. Here are some pics of them I posted back in November. They aren't dying, but they aren't thriving or growing either. They must be zombies :lol:

Btw, I'm still doing other stuff before I can do the stuff I wanted to do. Still no new light setup.

22520735889_e6fd09e99f_b.jpgBleaching Rics by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 5

O boy, I can't wait!

Sorry it took so long! These are pics from the frag rack. Most of these got pulled from the rocks in one tank or the other when they were struggling and have been making a nice comeback!

These are my favorites - Green Eyed Dalmatians from Aquascapers. They died back and I rescued a tiny frag that was almost gone. Here's what it looked like when I put it on the frag plug:

16954435960_7dfea80579_b.jpgGreen Eyed Dalmatian Zoa by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Here they are now. The color has morphed but I'm hoping they will change back with a different level of light, although I'm not sure if they need more, or less :unsure:

23800379063_03ebb1d3f1_b.jpgGreen Eyed Dalmation Zoas (Aquascapers) by TeenyReef, on Flickr

These are also favorites or mine - they've been growing like weeds and have completely encrusted the frag plug. Aquascapers Morning Glory Zoas:

24400977776_08b3752dd5_b.jpgMorning Glories Zoas (Aquascapers) by TeenyReef, on Flickr

These were freebies from Aquascapers, I don't remember what they were called. They are recovering from being closed up for no apparent reason.

24318911862_815a4969e5_b.jpgFreebie Zoas (Aquascapers) by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Purple People Eaters. These are some of the oldest ones I have, purchased when I first started my 4g tank. This is another one that died back to one polyp and has rebounded nicely.

24344718211_1bd51563e9_b.jpgPurple People Eaters by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Finally, these are no-name, but pretty, zoas from the LFS.

24131568500_545424fcaa_b.jpg20160115-untitled-006-Edit.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 7

Those white blobs are my rics that lost all their color. I call them ghost rics now. Here are some pics of them I posted back in November. They aren't dying, but they aren't thriving or growing either. They must be zombies :lol:

Btw, I'm still doing other stuff before I can do the stuff I wanted to do. Still no new light setup.

ha! I actually think they look really pretty. That's crazy!

And I finally cleaned out the fuge. I had been putting it off all day. Feels good to have it done :)

• Like 1

Hmm, trade for some ultra searchlights? :D

I actually just had to put a few onto a frag plug that were getting covered up by the RFA. If they recover I'll let you know.

Sure keep me posted we can work out something :)
  • Like 2

ha! I actually think they look really pretty. That's crazy!

And I finally cleaned out the fuge. I had been putting it off all day. Feels good to have it done :)

:happydance:

Sure keep me posted we can work out something :)

Will do! Now I can say "I know a guy who..." B)

• Like 3

You have so many different pretty zoas. And yeah, I hate those days when you have something that you want accomplished but then you find umpteen other task that scream for your attention first. Its really bad when you never do get to the original thing you had in mind.

• Like 1
jedimasterben

I had three ricordea like that that were nearly the first corals that I ever bought. They bleached shortly after and NEVER recovered, despite literally living under a rock where I could only get a glimpse of them if I picked the rock up. Three years later and they're still bleached. :wacko:

• Like 1

I'm sure I've asked before... what is the blueish one to the very left and the green one on the bottom left?? I keep a list of want corals, I'll make sure to write down this time that I've seen them in your tank so I stop asking!!

They are beautiful colors!! I always try to get away from so many green things, but it's my favorite color and I just can't help it!!

• Like 2

You have so many different pretty zoas. And yeah, I hate those days when you have something that you want accomplished but then you find umpteen other task that scream for your attention first. Its really bad when you never do get to the original thing you had in mind.

Yep! And I suspect today is going to be another one of those days. But I'm going to get the new light set up one way or the other!

I had three ricordea like that that were nearly the first corals that I ever bought. They bleached shortly after and NEVER recovered, despite literally living under a rock where I could only get a glimpse of them if I picked the rock up. Three years later and they're still bleached. :wacko:

Thanks for letting know about that, Ben! I've suspected that these are not going to recover because they've been this way a long time, and it seemed like it was caused by some kind of infection or disease instead of lighting. You could see the progression of the bleaching go from one end of the ric the other like something was propagating through the tissue.

I will probably just order a couple new zoas or frag some of the ones in my 4g tank, and watch carefully to see if more of them get whatever it is. If they do, I'm going to get rid of them. Otherwise I'll just keep them and learn to enjoy their ghostiness :)

I never did coral cutting under water, what do you do, how to you treat say, chemical release, and zoathids, how the hell do you scrape them off the rock.

I have a yuma not liking my RFA, I feel i need to move it but never moved one - I have to cut it? If so how and then what?

• Like 1

I'm sure I've asked before... what is the blueish one to the very left and the green one on the bottom left?? I keep a list of want corals, I'll make sure to write down this time that I've seen them in your tank so I stop asking!!

They are beautiful colors!! I always try to get away from so many green things, but it's my favorite color and I just can't help it!!

The one on the left is a "blue tort" frag I got from Zia. Someday I'll go back through his tank thread and see if he had a more precise name for it :)

The other one is an unidentified frag from the LFS. Markalot said it looked like a coral he's seen called "Purple Fuzz" in the trade, but I have no idea what it's proper name is. I think it's some kind of tort, though!

I like those morning glory zoas. Their skirts seem more blunted than most of the zoas I've seen, almost look as if they are slightly flattened. :D

They just developed those in the last few weeks as they got bigger. They are loving the high light I've got them in. When they were small, their skirts looked more like "normal" zoa skirts.

Nice new pics!

Thanks, Scott!

I never did coral cutting under water, what do you do, how to you treat say, chemical release, and zoathids, how the hell do you scrape them off the rock.

I have a yuma not liking my RFA, I feel i need to move it but never moved one - I have to cut it? If so how and then what?

I cut mine out of the water. Nearly all corals can handle extended time out of the waters. Zoas can stay out for hours. I use carbon to help keep toxins and chemical warfare under control, although the real key is to keep corals that don't get along physically separated.

The only yuma I ever got melted in two days :( But for my rics, if they are growing and not too small, you can trim pieces of them with scissors and grow them as frags. To remove them, use a combination of pulling and scraping of the foot. They're pretty tough, not like dealing with the foot of a nem. Same for zoas, you can scrape their mat off the rocks. But in both cases, it's sometimes easier to use bone cutters to just cut off a small piece of rock that they are attached to.

• Like 3

I can't take the structure out of the water though.... that is the problem.

Yeah, that makes it hard - when that happens I drain out a bunch of water to make it easier to work. As long as there's enough water for the fish and inverts, the corals are fine with being out for a few minutes. Unless you have one of those sponges that can't handle being in the air.

• Like 1

Not only is that cap looking great color wise after six days, but it also had some nice growth. I really love this tank, hope my sps grow in as nice as yours did. Hope my fusion 10 looks half as good as this tank.

• Like 1