Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

kyle's 10g NUVO fusion

kylhcky

Elizabeth94

WOW, i LOVE that round tank!

thank you, i appreciate the compliment on the blasto's and acan's

as far as the abyss goes, it's an all in one tank but it's a drop off style. right now i think it's still a concept but i really hope they pull the trigger on it. drop off tanks are really starting to grow on me lately.

abyss_zpsjxsyzq1p.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if you've already checked them out but Artfully Acrylic has an AIO drop-off tank as well. I've had the chance to check it out in person and it is pretty sweet. The AIO part is a little different making it view-able from a peninsula style or just against the wall like you see it the abyss photo. Anywho good luck with your new build!

I don't know if you've already checked them out but Artfully Acrylic has an AIO drop-off tank as well. I've had the chance to check it out in person and it is pretty sweet. The AIO part is a little different making it view-able from a peninsula style or just against the wall like you see it the abyss photo. Anywho good luck with your new build!

i've seen it, was holding out because i figured my chances of IM's tank being made of glass were higher. i don't like acrylic tanks, in the long run they scratch way to easily for my taste.

it's between the abyss or the jbj 20g frag tank, i still have a thing for shallows as well. idk if i want to do another display tank again, i might just focus on coral preservation and regeneration for a while and grow out some choice pieces.

I hear you with the acrylic. I've always been scared to buy an acrylic tank because with my luck I'd put a huge scratch right down the center of the front panel. I thought about picking up the JBJ tank too but instead settled for the lagoon 25. I believe its just a bit taller but I don't know for sure. Heck with the abyss you could have a 'frag' tank up top and a small display on the bottom lol, it might look a little weird though.

As for the coral preservation/propagation, I know a guy who is in college and has just a frag tank. He does pretty well and gets to save up for the more high end pieces he really wants. So that is always a great decision.

Archived