Cultivated Reef

kyle's 10g NUVO fusion

kylhcky

Oooooooh, glass marbles. I don't collect them but I like just the thought of a glass marble collection. Kind of like collecting really cool corals :)

here's one you might enjoy. it's a double sided reef by Jason Keys, he's personally my favorite when it comes to reef and ocean scenes. when i bought it from him he told me that he's made about 1000 reef marbles, but less than 20 are double sided like mine. pictures can't capture the depth this one really has in person.

EEC438A7-D289-49D7-8354-4F350C1FA069_zps

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is fantastic! I knew they made really cool marbles but I didn't realize they could be that detailed.

thats probably one of the more less introcate ones too. i buy sell and trade them almost daily so the collection is always changing, that reef marble is part of the "perminant" collection though

I haven't touched a marble since the early 90s. That thing makes me want to get a couple collectors for the shelf!

do it man, contemporary marbles are making another little comeback lately, mainly thanks to the whole "heady" pipe and bong movement. i've been collecting figurines and paperweights since the 90's myself, got into marbles and millefiori in the past 5 years.

my parents have countless original paintings hanging on the wall in my house, so they were always open and supportive when it came to me being passionate about collecting any type of medium. i got hooked the first time i saw it in person at the Arribas brothers shop in disney world when i was 8.

reefernanoman
Shall I travel to never never land and bring them back to you, en28so? :P

Too late, it happened when I was just a Baby and I was dropped(that really happened lol):o

my frogspawn is not taking to the kent marine salt mix too nicely, did a 50/50 red sea and kent waterchange yesterday. everything else in the tank is loving life though. if any more tissue is lost by tomorrow morning im chucking the frogspawn(its only 1 head and it was free anyway). i tested my water earlier and everything was near perfect.

woke up to the frogspawn nearly a skeleton, took it out as soon as i saw it. im going to do a decent 2-4g water change later as well for any dieoff in the water, i'm not a happy camper today.

woke up to the frogspawn nearly a skeleton, took it out as soon as i saw it. im going to do a decent 2-4g water change later as well for any dieoff in the water, i'm not a happy camper today.

Aw man, that sucks. Sorry to hear it. Fortunately everything else is still ok. I wonder what the cause was. Do you think it was really the salt?

Sorry to hear it kylhcky -.- I love frogspawns with a deep rooted passion and it sucks whenever one bites the dust

i got it for free so it ain't the end of the world, plus my coral guy sells them dirt cheap so ill pick up another head next time im there.

Aw man, that sucks. Sorry to hear it. Fortunately everything else is still ok. I wonder what the cause was. Do you think it was really the salt?

it's the only other variable ive thrown at my tank in the last few weeks, all tests came out clean

Dang, that sucks. Every time I think about maybe changing salt I worry about something like this happening so I end up not doing anything. Hope everything else is doing well.

Dang, that sucks. Every time I think about maybe changing salt I worry about something like this happening so I end up not doing anything. Hope everything else is doing well.

yeah everything else in the tank is doing fantastic. im not too worried about the others on the switch. im happy with red sea, just not satisfied. calc and mag readings are way higher with kent, and with no other supplements being added everything sucks up all the good stuff from the red sea rather quickly.

thank you, the tank looks a little different at the moment as far as livestock goes. i need to do another water change and cleaning a little later, ill do a nice clean fts picture later to show where it's at.

i think i want to take a lot of the frags off their plugs and find permanent homes on the rock. other than that i think im just going to get some choice acans and zoa's for now and slowly add one or two to the tank when i get a few extra dollars in my pocket to spend on livestock. my chemi pure is running low at the moment and i need to bulk order some other stuff as well, luckily i bought 200g worth of salt mix a few weeks ago so ill be good on that for a while.

i've been stuck working like a slave this past week and have been slacking. i still havent even done my water change yet, luckily nothing looks pissed off...yet. im not worried though, this small of a bioload on this big of a volume of water can go another week if i let it get to that.

Get your act together and clean that tank up so I can see a FTS. And we still gotta meet up at UC....

mixing water now, i just got tomorrow off so ill be getting my hands wet in the morning.

i also know i am getting a UC gift certificate from my sister for xmas so im going to start adding a good ammount of shit to this tank after the holidays.

Sooo you going to UC tomorrow? I'm off too ;)

wish i could, my laundry list of shit i need to get done is about a mile long and i cant put it off any longer.

Archived