SaltCritters.com

kyle's 10g NUVO fusion

kylhcky

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kyle what are u using to push the inTank basket to the wall?

i am running no media basket at the moment, just a piece of plastic on the bottom of the chamber to act like a baffle, it's just glued to a mag float i had laying around

reefernanoman

wish i could, my laundry list of shit i need to get done is about a mile long and i cant put it off any longer.

Is it tank related, or the other boring stuff in life :lol: ? BRB, I need to go clean my damn bathroom, but not before I make an update video of my fusion 10 and uploaded(wait, I'm doing that already right now LOL)

Is it tank related, or the other boring stuff in life :lol: ? BRB, I need to go clean my damn bathroom, but not before I make an update video of my fusion 10 and uploaded(wait, I'm doing that already right now LOL)

boring shit for the most part that's no tank related, like fixing my wheel bearing on my car and getting it through my state's inspection, stupid other shit around the house that has to get done as well like cleaning up and straightening out messes.

• 2 weeks later...

going to ultimate coral sometime tomorrow to spend my gift certificate. hopefully i upload pics of new additions shortly after they open back up. i got two things on my mind, zoa's and acans.

Went and got my hands on some goodies today. I got some zoa's and acans like i said i would. apparently i bought an acan maxima as well, my dude told me it was one of two to come into the country in 2014 with permits. even if it turns out to be a lobophyllia it was marked down to $60 from $100, so still a decent deal in my book, plus it's a solid 2 inches. other than that i picked up some no name ultra zoa's (some gold and black, some black with pink mouths, and the ones in the pic with the new acan have a weird blue/grey/cream center going on with the bright red skirt), a green and orange ricordea, and the other mushroom i got i believe is a green yuma, it lost a lot of color during transportation but she'll bounce back.

please excuse the shitty cellphone pics, it's the only camera i have at the moment. everything in the tank was half pissed off from acclimation and a water change.

fts6_zpsca059020.jpg

am_zpsfd74807e.jpg

mrs_zps59d3c5e7.jpg

im wondering to myself when i will get around to finding them all permanent homes on the rock. i have a few ideas for some spots to fill but other then that im going to keep staring at the frags and wait till i feel they're in a good spot ascetically and for the corals well being.

They look great! I know just how you feel, though. Sometimes I leave things on the sandbed for months waiting for inspiration to strike and figure out where to put them :)

• 1 month later...

Updates?

not too much to update.

money has been tight due to traffic tickets haha, so no coral has been added since my last purchases. in the past week though ive been noticing a new head or two starting on all my zoa colonies, the candy canes haven't grown much at all though.

im still on the fence if the mini-scoly is just a mislabeled lobo or lord acan, either or it's grown quite a bit since ive gotten it. eats like a pig too.

i did add 3 sexy shrimp a few weeks ago, 1 male and 2 females but as recently as a week ago the male got a isopod parasite so i just ended up flushing him. the remaining two females are doing well, but are annoying just because they always hang out on my zoa's (never pick at them though). it's getting annoying just seeing one cluster closed up whenever i look at the tank bc that's where the sexy's are.

If you get some more corals, especially LPS, your sexies will probably leave the zoas alone. In my 10g tank they spend almost all their time on the hammers and frogspawn. In my 4g tank, they used to bother the zoas all the time, but as soon as I got my duncans they moved right over to it.

as long as traffic court goes well for me tomorrow i should be able to start stocking the tank again soon. i think i might pull the trigger on the mp10 QD as well.

Good luck!

court went well yesterday so i decided to treat myself and bought two frags today. i got some rainbow acans as well as a red/green blasto.

they'll be coming along. i need to do a water change tomorrow before i go fill out paper work at my new job, ill snap a few pics before then when my lights turn on

it's really hard to take pictures of anything with a iphone 4s, i really need to start looking for a dedicated tank camera.

these were the acans after 15 mins of being floated last night:

312D6DE6-5927-49D5-BF53-8E9DBF6504AE_zps

this morning:

B555467E-522D-4177-9C64-16E810701813_zps

8C5B64AB-311B-4DC6-B7CC-ED3C0A8565B0_zps

the greens and yellows are just starting to be noticeable to the eye and not the camera. once those colors come in they form a really vibrant blue mouth. it'll just take some time to get acclimated.

• 1 month later...

updates

Seriously though. How does the Auto Aqua ATO work on this tank? That's what i'm going to use on mine and i was wondering where you had to peel off some of the black backing for the sensor?

reefernanoman

updates

Seriously though. How does the Auto Aqua ATO work on this tank? That's what i'm going to use on mine and i was wondering where you had to peel off some of the black backing for the sensor?

Yup, you will have to peel it off. Good luck

I know that the people with the nano osmolator had to do the same thing.

Sorry for the inconsistent updates. sometimes i honestly forget i have this thread haha. my life is very busy right now, im just getting settled into my new job as a Subaru technician which is honestly the best job ive ever had so far, as well as a solid career. the down side is it takes up about 45 hours of my week, but that just means more money for coral.

right now im going on two weeks without a water change, i plan on doing one tomorrow after work though. other than some detritus on the rocks and glass the tank is thriving. ive started to move a lot of the frags from the sand and gluing them on the rock.

here's a pic i took a week or so ago with a marble

05EA340B-D0DF-4ADC-8DF2-5BE6010D26B6_zps

updates

Yup, you will have to peel it off. Good luck
I know that the people with the nano osmolator had to do the same thing.

^this. i had to cut two very unsightly rectangles for my ato (located in the 3rd chamber). mainly because i was diagnosing a water level issue that was caused by my media basket. one of these day's ill get around to ordering new vinyl for it and cutting a cleaner and smaller hole.

here;s a photo for reference:

atoi_zps20e38fc6.jpg

just make sure you grab some gunk off or any solvent of your preference to clean the glass of glue for the optical sensor.

Congrats on the new job!

I really like the marble in with the corals. It really blends in well :D

thank you, it just feels good to benefit from all the hard work i put in during school.

by the way, did you ever get around to fragging those duncan's?

Not yet. I'm waiting the the stalks to get a little longer. I've read that they should be at least an inch long and they're only about 1/2" right now.

• 2 months later...

Archived