inTank Media Baskets

kyle's 10g NUVO fusion

kylhcky

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So do you still have Frank? It's a bummer that he fits in the overflow.

yeah as of this morning frank is no longer with is, the little baffle i had over my overflow fell off and i found him lifeless in the second compartment. kind of a bummer because i had planned to trade him for some frags with a local reefer on thursday.

i kinda had a feeling it was going to happen like that the first time i found him back there. he just started to eat like a pig the day before. oh well, i think im just going to keep the gramma as the only fish and focus on coral for now. i think i might add a sexy shrimp or two the next time im at my lfs.

well i added a few more things to the tank, like a octospawn, green mushroom, green trumpets and some other goodies. fred has also come down with ich, so i will be setting up my 3 gallon as a hospital tank for the mean time, as well as giving the tank a good cleaning, the detritus is on and off lately, the water has been pretty dirty ever since the clown was in the tank, it should get better in the next few weeks.

woke up to my gramma belly up this morning. he looked like he was taking to the meds well, even started eating again yesterday. oh well, looks like im going to focus on coral for now and let the tank get more established before i try fish again.

reefernanoman

woke up to my gramma belly up this morning. he looked like he was taking to the meds well, even started eating again yesterday. oh well, looks like im going to focus on coral for now and let the tank get more established before i try fish again.

Sorry for your loss. I keep reading about RG's not making it, while I kept mine for about 6 years in countless tanks, moves, and even had him shipped from Cali to TX when I moved over here! The only reason he's not with me anymore is because I gave him away to a LFS once my Maroon Clown wouldn't tolerate him and almost killed kim many times (she wouldn't even let him eat), and the LFS gave it away to a guy with a 220G, where he is currently living.

Oh no! I'm really sorry to hear about this. It's probably a good idea to hold off for a little while before adding any other fish. Sometimes it just really helps to let the tank mature for a while.

went to town on my rock scape today. i liked what i had but the back of the rock i had has so much more real estate for coral to grow out on, kinda sacrificing a cooler rock scape now for something that will look good grown out with coral. it does have a lot more negative space now, and the majority of the rock i took out of the display i made into rubble and threw it in the back.

ill add pics tomorrow.

Looking forward to seeing the scape. I just started my fusion 10 yesterday. I have been playing with rocks too, but haven't settled on anything yet. Did you end up placing your heater in the last compartment? Have you found a use for that space under the first two compartments? I am afraid detritus is going to get trapped down there.

Looking forward to seeing the scape. I just started my fusion 10 yesterday. I have been playing with rocks too, but haven't settled on anything yet. Did you end up placing your heater in the last compartment? Have you found a use for that space under the first two compartments? I am afraid detritus is going to get trapped down there.

first compartment on mine is just filter floss held up by a plastic screen on a magfloat. second compartment holds my bag of chemi-pure, heater and a few pieces of liverock and some blank frag plugs. third compartment holds the return pump, ato module (autoaqua smart ato) and both temp probes.

as far as that space goes, i use it for nothing, usually every water change i take my turkey baster and slosh around anything that has seemed to settle. it's a pain in the ass when a fish gets caught in the third compartment, my clown got in there once when he was alive and it was a bitch to get him out because he kept swimming back there

Looking forward to seeing the pictures! I always struggle with remembering the point of the rockscape is to look good AFTER all the corals are growing on it, not before :)

Did you say you have a tank ready to upgrade to soon, or did I imagine that?

nah, this was the tank i had planned on swapping the 3 gallon over to. the only things that made it over from that tank are the eagle eye/ green bay packer/radioactive dragon eye zoa frag, and the clean up crew. other then that i started completely fresh.

on the other hand, i have been looking at some 7 and 9 gallon acrylic frag tanks on ebay that i've have my eye on for xmas. i figured it be nice to have a grow out/quarantine tank (it will most likely be a budget tank though, i'll probably end up getting a ebay led fixture again for this)

reefernanoman

Heh heh - "budget" tank. Seems like all my tanks start off that way :)

There's no such thing as a budget reef tank lol. Just ask my pay pal account.

There's no such thing as a budget reef tank lol. Just ask my pay pal account.

compared to some of my other hobbies reefing on this scale isn't too expensive. the amount of money i have alone in my glass marble collection could fund a 200-300 gallon reef.

that paypal comment is the truth though haha.

reefernanoman

compared to some of my other hobbies reefing on this scale isn't too expensive. the amount of money i have alone in my glass marble collection could fund a 200-300 gallon reef.

I'm pushing $2k in equipment just for my 28G Nanocube.

Oooooooh, glass marbles. I don't collect them but I like just the thought of a glass marble collection. Kind of like collecting really cool corals :)

Archived