Top Shelf Aquatics

kyle's 10g NUVO fusion

kylhcky

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those are beautiful! Where did you get them?

my usual place to go for my coral is Ultimate Corals. he's only 45 minutes from my house and is pretty cheap. he's got an online store but half of the stuff he has isn't posted on there because it's usually in and out so fast.

Nice! I'd be broke if there was a place like that near me :)

yeah it's really easy to walk out of his place with an empty wallet. that frag was only $30 though, same with the rainbow's. actually everything in my tank except a random mushroom and acan frag were from UC.

• 2 weeks later...
Bella's Reef

How are you liking the rw-4 in the Fusion? I am considering swapping my 240 out for one and just turning the return pump down lower and running the rw-4 on lowest wave setting.

How are you liking the rw-4 in the Fusion? I am considering swapping my 240 out for one and just turning the return pump down lower and running the rw-4 on lowest wave setting.

i like it a lot. i don't plan on using it for the long term but for now it's literally perfect on the lowest settings on w1. any other setting and its a sand storm.

• 4 months later...

things are coming around slowly around my end. ive been doing massive water changes for the past few weeks with good results. my tanks been a roller coaster ever since the last big storm i had a few months ago. also, ive been working 6 days a week for the past month, so it hasn't been getting the attention it deserves either. other then that i recently switched back to red sea coral pro from kent marine, mainly due to the fact my lfs was having a sale on coral pro. my goby is doing great, to the point where he hand feeds almost every morning for me. eventually i want to get a black goby or a green clown. the last time my lfs had a green clown goby they wanted $35, so i don't know what they're smoking but i'd probably buy it over the fish.

big changes are going to be coming soon. i plan on getting the red sea foundations tests in the next week or two and starting a daily log book for the next two months. the bubble magnus will come with it, as well as a mp10. im on the fence about swapping out the maxspect nano for the xr15, but that's only after i get everything else previously stated.

i want more blasto's, a few more acans, and maybe a stylo.

That's awesome! What model bubble magus are you getting? Are you doing a HOB for the IM10? I've really been thinking about what options I have to replace the IM Desktop Ghost. I've never gotten really good skimmate with mine.

That's awesome! What model bubble magus are you getting? Are you doing a HOB for the IM10? I've really been thinking about what options I have to replace the IM Desktop Ghost. I've never gotten really good skimmate with mine.

haha i just realized my typo, i meant to say bubble magus, the dosing pump. i don't think ill ever have a skimmer on this tank, i just can't stand the noise. my tank is in my room and any noise like an air pump or babbling water is a no go. currently the only noise i have is the click of my relay when my heater turns on and off

not only have i recently found bubble algae in my tank, i got a small little bloom of cyano on my rocks. something fishy is going on here.

im kinda contemplating setting up my picotope as a temp frag tank and saving what corals i can now while i battle this

• 1 month later...

How's it been going? Happy New Year to you and your tank :)

happy new year to you as well.

the tank's been pretty good these last few months, ive had some pretty stable water temps so im getting a lot of regrowth form the corals that survived the last power outage fiasco. beyond that i have a lot of new high end frags of acans and blasto's. they're currently hanging out on the sand bed while i get a rough draft of where i want them

here's a little tank update, it's the same pic posted in the IM nuvo owners thread.

coral_zpscc9w7wei.jpg

and this one is a FTS as of 5 minutes ago, i figured snap one while everyones happy, because im about to do a water change.

fts9_zps8dnyuwqc.jpg

i really need to stop taking these shitty excuses for pictures with my iphone and get a real camera and filters

reefernanoman

happy new year to you as well.

the tank's been pretty good these last few months, ive had some pretty stable water temps so im getting a lot of regrowth form the corals that survived the last power outage fiasco. beyond that i have a lot of new high end frags of acans and blasto's. they're currently hanging out on the sand bed while i get a rough draft of where i want them

here's a little tank update, it's the same pic posted in the IM nuvo owners thread.

coral_zpscc9w7wei.jpg

and this one is a FTS as of 5 minutes ago, i figured snap one while everyones happy, because im about to do a water change.

fts9_zps8dnyuwqc.jpg

i really need to stop taking these shitty excuses for pictures with my iphone and get a real camera and filters

Not bad pictures. I just use my DSLR and the lens kit that it came with. My pictures come out really well after learning to tweak my camera and with the use of a cheap tripod. I don't even use filters, but I do need a nice Macro lens.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i have the nuvo 8 with the same light. Was curious what you run your lights at and for how long. Thanks!

i have to check my exact schedule but im pretty sure at my brightest point in the day its 100% blues and 35% whites.

soon to change though, i just placed an order to swap it out with a nanobox so that my recently acquired mame skimmer would fit.

100% blue? Seems really high. I have mine 35% blue and 8% white and still have not gotten any color back on my bleached corals. Maybe just need more time to adjust. I appreciate the insite, have had a hard time with these lights.

100% blue? Seems really high. I have mine 35% blue and 8% white and still have not gotten any color back on my bleached corals. Maybe just need more time to adjust. I appreciate the insite, have had a hard time with these lights.

which ones are bleached? lps, sps? did they bleach after being in the tank or were they already bleached prior?

I bleached my lps. Started at like 20/40 anworked up to 60/100 over a few months and everything completly faded. Since turning dkwn ive gotten polyp etension back but color is still at a minimum even 4 months later.

Now im wondering if the lights are TOO low.

Ok, maybe ill try slowly working up again. I have read that coral produce color to protect themselves from the light, so maybe haveing them so low is actualy preventing them from coloring up rather than helping. Thanks for all your help, didnt mean to hijack your thred.

• 2 months later...

long overdue update.

i'm slowly converting this tank from a display to a frag tank, i am eagerly awaiting and hoping IM makes their new abyss style tank
Elizabeth94

What is this "abyss" tank you speak of? An AIO?

Btw, I am completely jealous of those acans and blastos pictured above!

i am eagerly awaiting and hoping IM makes their new abyss style tank

What is this "abyss" tank you speak of? An AIO?

Btw, I am completely jealous of those acans and blastos pictured above!

thank you, i appreciate the compliment on the blasto's and acan's

as far as the abyss goes, it's an all in one tank but it's a drop off style. right now i think it's still a concept but i really hope they pull the trigger on it. drop off tanks are really starting to grow on me lately.

abyss_zpsjxsyzq1p.jpg

Archived