SaltCritters.com

kyle's 10g NUVO fusion

kylhcky

reefernanoman

i'm using the IM custom caddy 16 but am now wishing i went a different route with my media basket

Can you do me a favor? (if you can). Could you please take a picture of the IM custom caddy next to the Intank media basket so that i can see the difference? Thanks!

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you do me a favor? (if you can). Could you please take a picture of the IM custom caddy next to the Intank media basket so that i can see the difference? Thanks!

yeah when i get home from work a little later ill take a few pics

Thanks!

How's your tank doing BTW?

she's moving along, just got back from the lfs and picked up a royal gramma that was on sale for $10, other than that i only have some zoa's from my pico in there. im just adding things very slowly for this tank.

reefernanoman

she's moving along, just got back from the lfs and picked up a royal gramma that was on sale for $10, other than that i only have some zoa's from my pico in there. im just adding things very slowly for this tank.

Ohhh, I had a RG for years that got to be about 3 inches long!

Ohhh, I had a RG for years that got to be about 3 inches long!

while i was there they had a few yasha gobies paired up with pistols, i think im going to wait a few months and go with that combo over a yellow watchman.

walking past the figure 8 puffer tank there made me really want to start up a freshwater tank again.

reefernanoman

while i was there they had a few yasha gobies paired up with pistols, i think im going to wait a few months and go with that combo over a yellow watchman.

walking past the figure 8 puffer tank there made me really want to start up a freshwater tank again.

Make sure it's not a tiger pistol shrimp. It might be too much for a 10G

Make sure it's not a tiger pistol shrimp. It might be too much for a 10G

nah it was a randalls, both it and the yasha were juvies under and inch

went to ultimate coral today, got some nice zoa's and an acan. zoa's are some type of people eaters, and the other one is some type of a maul (im not really too into names, i just know what i like when i see it). some pictures to follow, i've been slacking on them lately.

Looks like this one will be a nice one to follow. I'm looking to get back into the hobby and I was wondering if you think the back is large enough to fit a AquaticLife Internal Mini Skimmer 115? I am cosindering that with one of these tanks. Believe the dimensions are about 3.25 inches square on it. If you could measure it and let me know that would be awesome. Cant wait to see how this one turns out!

Sounds like it's going well. Looking forward to some pictures :)

I should be able to get mine wet for real this week. Live rock is on order and I'll start a build thread once it gets going.

da1001: the dimensions of the compartment where you'd put the skimmer is 3"x3 3/4"x11".

Looks like this one will be a nice one to follow. I'm looking to get back into the hobby and I was wondering if you think the back is large enough to fit a AquaticLife Internal Mini Skimmer 115? I am cosindering that with one of these tanks. Believe the dimensions are about 3.25 inches square on it. If you could measure it and let me know that would be awesome. Cant wait to see how this one turns out!

for the price of the tank itself it's worth it, and luckily teenyreef beat me to the dimensions. im contemplating running a eshopps in the second compartment and just trimming it down to size if need be, all i know is with the maxspect arms and bracket im going to need to break out the dremel to make a skimmer fit regardless of what it is.

Sounds like it's going well. Looking forward to some pictures :)

I should be able to get mine wet for real this week. Live rock is on order and I'll start a build thread once it gets going.

da1001: the dimensions of the compartment where you'd put the skimmer is 3"x3 3/4"x11".

power went out 5 mins after posting the fts. ran to petco to get a battery oppetated air pump. our power company says it will be out till 3:30 est, so thats a minimum of 4 hours from now. wish me luck.

Good luck man, good luck. I had a 45 min power outage on my 3 gallon way back when and once it came back on everything was already dead. -.- (middle of winter)

it came back on about an hour after i posted my last update, nothing even closed up the whole time. all i know is that im buying myself a nice generator on black friday.

they've been getting more frequent in the past few years in my location in jersey. before the tanks i never really needed a generator, during blackouts im cool with going amish for a bit. too much invested in this tank not to have one now. once it snows here im guaranteed a few hours of darkness each time it comes down.

Good to hear that you survived the blackout. When I get mine in a few months I am going to stick it in the bedroom, no matter how cold outside, it's so well insulated that it doesnt seem to go under 68 in there, that ought to keep it high enough for long enough that I won't ever lose anything. Since I have also moved, the power here never seems to go out for more than a second or two at a time so I am feeling lucky this time. Keep them pics rolling in, I get bored easily but Frank can keep me company. :lol:

i'm contemplating getting rid of frank at the moment. his bioload is going to be huge on such a small tank in the long run, as well as the fact that he fits through the overflow, so usually every 2-3 days i find him back there which is getting annoying. im fine with just having the royal gramma and focusing more on adding coral. now i just need to find a home for him, ill probably just post him up on a local reefing group im in on facebook.

the gramma has already been named fred, he found a sick little cave in my rock work and just swims in and out constantly. friendly little guy once he recognized i am the source of his food.

Archived