SaltCritters.com

135 rimless reef

latteslave

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aquatic Log is a service for you to input all of your data on your system. Its pretty cool.

Could you take a screen shot of your EcoSmart Live program?

Right on. Thanks! I love to see what other Radion users have theirs set to. The possibilities are endless! Keep the picture updates coming!

latteslave

Thanks - and apparrently I have it maxing at 75 now... I know I moved it higher but everything is growing so why mess with it.

HarryPotter

Beautiful tank!

Would you consider getting another Radion to increase the light output on the sides? Or do you like the lower par areas for LPS & the like?

latteslave

and a quick STS again - no editing and iPhone 6

17031655754_5197989aca_c.jpg

Beautiful tank!

Would you consider getting another Radion to increase the light output on the sides? Or do you like the lower par areas for LPS & the like?

I like the coverage - having the 120 makes a difference but honestly I get plenty of coverage.

picoreef78

How to you like the coral radiance program? How is growth? I left mine at 85% on natural mode with good growth and pretty good coloration.

latteslave

Thanks Matt, Mark and Evan. Corals broke the waterline this week...

Pico - I like the coral radiance.

I am doing my best NOT to do anything to the tank with the exception of maintenance. In the past, I think the amount of messing I did with other tanks caused issues.

HarryPotter

The 120s really make a difference? Do they help with the disco ball effect?

Definitely want a pair- my lenses are all scratched and opaque 90s.

Which coral broke the water? How does it look?

picoreef78

I have been running the coral radiance modified with 13k max at 85% for a few hours then 14 k and then follows the rest of the protocol for about 1 1/2 weeks. Noticed coloration changes but growth does not seem to be as much as it was under the natural protocol which maxed at 12 k.

Will continue and see.

Thanks Matt, Mark and Evan. Corals broke the waterline this week...

Maybe a pumps off top down photo is in order? ;)

The 120s really make a difference? Do they help with the disco ball effect?

In my system, I noticed that the 120s reduced the disco ball effect to a great degree. That being said, each system is different.

P.S. No matter what optics you have on the Radions, the disco ball effect always shows up in photographs. Photos aren't really a good source of reference.

• 2 weeks later...
picoreef78

I am thinking of going back to natural mode. I am not really noticing increased growth (but lots more fluorescence).

• 1 month later...
picoreef78

How deep are your rocks from the water surface? Still trying to fine tune mine and backing off from 90 to 85% intensity. My rocks are about 10 inches from surface. Running a modified coral radiance with peak 12.5k.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Man - I have been horrible at posting... Quick photo upload, all iPhone and no editing, sorry for the quality. First is the comparison from the start to current.

21476464234_e542593a3b_c.jpg

Shot of the corals at the waterline

21480691603_7e66ccaf5a_c.jpg

The clam becoming a monster

22101837595_86f5c4b63c_c.jpgUntitled

And other random shots

21913654860_63fa06af58_c.jpg

21913654460_52de452401_c.jpg

21478983094_90ed8d68c2_c.jpg

21913939718_089936d1fc_c.jpg

In there process of removing some sand and then adding in new.

Archived