inTank Media Baskets

135 rimless reef

latteslave

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very quick iPhone shot of the green birdsnest I was lucky enough to get from Ark... You can also see the new Red Dragon Frag and the recovering Hawkins to the left of it.

16015738602_dd4cd80709_c.jpg

Sometimes you gotta go back to move forward. That piece was bigger - cut off the expected dead parts underneath and then trimmed to fit. You piece is pretty big so may be time to cut back and let it grow in.

Pinner - thank you! The Chevron is a beautiful fish.

Matt - that birdsnest is great. Already getting polyps and color on the back side. It will grow in nicely there. Red dragon is holding color and getting new tips. I was worried about the Hawkins I got from Allen but it is coloring back up and I can see the base starting to encrust again.

Not really. There were some nice pieces bust mostly small frags. I have a lot of small frags. What I really need is 3 decent sized Millis. (Is milli already plural?!?).

biopellets kicking butt and taking names. Phosphates not registering. I even did the test twice to make sure I didn't mess up the first one. Keeping an eye on everything - feeding good too to make sure. alk crept up to 10.2 - usually keep ariun 9.5 but calcium holding at 420. Check again later and if it's still high on all, will drop the dose by a little.

Hey Rehype - thanks for popping in! Loving your reef - nothing else like it that I have seen, truly stunning.

Radios run the radiant color and ramp up to 70% right now. have the 120 lenses on. The colors are really good but still think I have another 5% to go.

Hey Rehype - thanks for popping in! Loving your reef - nothing else like it that I have seen, truly stunning.

Radios run the radiant color and ramp up to 70% right now. have the 120 lenses on. The colors are really good but still think I have another 5% to go.

Thanks alot man I appreciate it. I wouldve stopped in alot sooner but somehow i missed this one...I must be getting old lol

So far im really liking the radion my corals are still adjusting and im at 50% I think the highest i may go is 60% but it depends how the coral respond.

Yep - Def keep an eye on the reactions. You have some great color in your tank - I would think the LPS would react the quickest, especially those acans.

They are not too bad. Mine like the sand and par they get. Good colors. Mostly its the feeding that makes them happy. They get fed twice a week and I dose aminos daily.

snowflake_clown

I'll just reiterate what everyone else has said here...absolutely gorgeous tank man. :bowdown: Can't imagine the amount of time you've put into that. Looks beautiful.

Snowflake_clown - thank you for the kind words and the visit.

Ark sent me your way. I heard you have the 120 degree TIR lenses for the Radion. Worth the upgrade in terms of lower PAR and more spread?

thanks for swinging by. I am not sure I can be too much help as I did not measure par before the 120 lenses. What I can tell you is that the way I have my rock work, I get very good par and fairly consistent across the tops. It does of course drop down in front and behind the rocks but it is a 24 inch front to back depth. This was on purpose as I want A mixed reef and wanted lower par areas. Overall I love it.

Good question - no new rock. All very well established and a variety of different types. You'll see standard rock and tonga branch mixed throughout.

Archived