inTank Media Baskets

135 rimless reef

latteslave

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing tank. Perfect size

Thanks - hoping to be able to show the true depth with photos

Yep, this is pretty much my dream tank! Really awesome! Well Done!

Your BC14 looks very clean. Can't wait to see all those frags grow out

ohh wow that is simply beautiful.

thank you for sharing

Thank you for the kind words.

:wub:

Beautiful tank

:) Thank you

Overflow and Sump

Goal was to keep this as simple as possible. Overflow with standpipe and return. You can see the lights currently go directly over this. That will be changing this weekend. Had Precision Aquarium make me the overflow cover to keep nuisance algae down - also looks better than staring at plumbing.

Sorry - could not figure out how to make these photos exciting

15539884975_74e8d385e5_c.jpg

15353723668_e001e2ae56_c.jpg

And the true workhorse of the system

14919709113_6746929772_c.jpg

Overflows into main section on the right. Diablo Skimmer is next and then a nice bed of mixed algae and rock rubble. LED light stays on 24 hours and I have to trim the algae weekly. Flows through filter pad then to the return.

Running Carbon and RowaPhos in the reactor on the right, the other two are CA and ALK for dosing. Bubble Magus Dosing pump is neatly tucked in above. Top off water is on the right in the jug. Go through about 1 gallon per day. Using the new Hydor top off and an aqua lifter. All of the filtration fits into the first two cabinet doors so I have about 30 more inches for storage, extra top off and such. Only thing left to do under the stand is clean up wiring.

Current dosing is BRS 2 part. I recently started dosing the Red Sea Coral Colors. Still too soon to say if I have truly noticed a difference in the coral color but of course I like to think they look better. Feed frozen twice a day and dose Acro Power at 5ml daily. Will be switching to the Red Sea Foundation A, B and C as I like the ideal of Strontuim addition to the CA and with the powdered versions, looks promising. With the smaller tanks, changing out 20% or more weekly is pretty easy. Changing out 25+ gallons a weeks is not something I want to do to maintain chemical levels. Test weekly at this point for Alk, MG, CA, NO3 and PO4.

I had the chance to work on the lights this weekend. Happy with the way the coverage is but not with the look of the tank mount light rig. Going a different direction. More to come on this but for now:

14959062924_d3b4a3c83b_c.jpg

15393779217_0e7c604d64_c.jpg

Overflow and Sump

Goal was to keep this as simple as possible. Overflow with standpipe and return. You can see the lights currently go directly over this. That will be changing this weekend. Had Precision Aquarium make me the overflow cover to keep nuisance algae down - also looks better than staring at plumbing.

Sorry - could not figure out how to make these photos exciting

15539884975_74e8d385e5_c.jpg

15353723668_e001e2ae56_c.jpg

And the true workhorse of the system

14919709113_6746929772_c.jpg

Overflows into main section on the right. Diablo Skimmer is next and then a nice bed of mixed algae and rock rubble. LED light stays on 24 hours and I have to trim the algae weekly. Flows through filter pad then to the return.

Running Carbon and RowaPhos in the reactor on the right, the other two are CA and ALK for dosing. Bubble Magus Dosing pump is neatly tucked in above. Top off water is on the right in the jug. Go through about 1 gallon per day. Using the new Hydor top off and an aqua lifter. All of the filtration fits into the first two cabinet doors so I have about 30 more inches for storage, extra top off and such. Only thing left to do under the stand is clean up wiring.

Current dosing is BRS 2 part. I recently started dosing the Red Sea Coral Colors. Still too soon to say if I have truly noticed a difference in the coral color but of course I like to think they look better. Feed frozen twice a day and dose Acro Power at 5ml daily. Will be switching to the Red Sea Foundation A, B and C as I like the ideal of Strontuim addition to the CA and with the powdered versions, looks promising. With the smaller tanks, changing out 20% or more weekly is pretty easy. Changing out 25+ gallons a weeks is not something I want to do to maintain chemical levels. Test weekly at this point for Alk, MG, CA, NO3 and PO4.

Just out of curiosity, what are the dimensions of your sump? And what's the gallonage?

dude ... this is sweet!

Thank you - still waiting for more updates on yours.

Are you kidding me?? Seriously!? Beautiful!

No kidding... And seriously, thank you!

This is exactly the tank I want someday. Well done

Just out of curiosity, what are the dimensions of your sump? And what's the gallonage?

Thank you for the comments and the Sump is 30 x 12 x 19. adds about 20 gallons to total water volume.

Really looks clean and professional. The compound you used for your seams. It looks almost like grout? Is it a higher grade silicone? Very clean.

Not happy with the last FTS. Just does not look natural or what I would so I truly see when looking at it. Played with Raw Therapee after seeing Markalot's shots. I would say - although a little grainy, looks like what I see.

15695355291_4d2785ec70_c.jpg

Just noticed the swallowtail angel. I had one in my 150 and was my favorite fish.

Yes, the swallowtail is very cool. Excellent color and fun to watch swim. It likes to grab food off the top of the water and will just dip up and down during feeding.

Saweeet build. Nice fts as well.

Thank you very much!

Not happy with the last FTS. Just does not look natural or what I would so I truly see when looking at it. Played with Raw Therapee after seeing Markalot's shots. I would say - although a little grainy, looks like what I see.

15695355291_4d2785ec70_c.jpg

Noise reduction might be turned off by default, that was my issue with graininess.

JFQ9m2.jpg

That FTS looks outstanding, by the way. :)

Archived