Coral Vue Hydros

135 rimless reef

latteslave

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I installed the 120 degree lenses from the stock 80 degree TIR lenses and upped intensity from 55% to 65%. I am increasing again to 70% and will go from there.

So para everything stable, less light won't kill the corals though.

I also have been dosing trace elements and I now have readable levels. Water changes alone was not enough to keep up with K, I, Fe and Sr.

Fingers crossed some of my stuff will start to take off.

I stopped by to see this tank yesterday. Y'all don't know what you are missing! :)

Matt - it is always great having you come by. Thanks for the frags, both are doing great and I can't wait to see the meteor color up.

I installed the 120 degree lenses from the stock 80 degree TIR lenses and upped intensity from 55% to 65%. I am increasing again to 70% and will go from there.

So para everything stable, less light won't kill the corals though.

I also have been dosing trace elements and I now have readable levels. Water changes alone was not enough to keep up with K, I, Fe and Sr.

Fingers crossed some of my stuff will start to take off.

Only recommendation I would make is to take it slow. I waited a couple of weeks between each adjustment and now that I am close, I wait at least 3. I just bumped my Acro Power dosing to see the reaction before I do my next jump in % on the Radion. What are you doing the dosing with?

Beautiful tank - I'd love to see close-ups of your poccis/stylos

Thank you! I will get some pics up of the tank soon.

In the meantime...

15758565033_668e1999ab_c.jpg

I actually started with the 80 degree TIR lenses so switching to the 120 degree cut back on the central PAR levels from 400-500's down to 300's while increased more peripheral levels at 55%. The increase to 70% on the 120 degree lenses brought it back up to 400-500's and increasing the spread of 300 more peripheral levels.

i am hoping the change is ok. monitoring for now, lens have been on since Friday night.

I am dosing 2ml acropower and just added 2 ml of Salifert coral amino acids in the evening. Seeing if that does anything. So far I have not noticed that much.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok - haven't posted in a while. Yes the tank is still up and has not crashed. Looking good and growing out. I have taken pics three weeks in a row and just don't like them. I'm just gonna post something from the next set even if it is not a great shot.

• 1 month later...
cruzH20polo

Ok - haven't posted in a while. Yes the tank is still up and has not crashed. Looking good and growing out. I have taken pics three weeks in a row and just don't like them. I'm just gonna post something from the next set even if it is not a great shot.

pics or I don't believe you

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had the drawers installed. Corals are less than an inch to breaking the water. Have to upload the pics...

WAITING... :)

• 3 weeks later...
latteslave

As bad as it gets... Nothing but shoot and upload. Top drawer on the cabinet is an acrylic cutting board, other two are storage. On the FTS you can see the digis have almost broke the water line.

Cabinet:

17325422019_aa80dac432_c.jpg

New FTS:

17509498622_d6fced542a_c.jpg

latteslave

Great FTS just beautiful!

Thank you!

Wow! Absolutely stunning! Do you have your lighting information on Aquatic Log?

Not sure what that is... and thank you!

Wow!! Awesome.

What intensity are your running your lights on?

Thank you! Radions ramp up to 80... I have the 120 lenses on them.

Archived