Cultivated Reef

135 rimless reef

latteslave

Looks amazing. Just like those IM Nuvo SR videos :)

Thank you!

Noise reduction might be turned off by default, that was my issue with graininess.

That FTS looks outstanding, by the way. :)

That might have been it - and thanks

Really amazing tank! My dream size some day

It's a great size - thank you for the compliment

A couple of shots testing the white balance and trying noise reduction

15682095126_7bac7bdc2c_c.jpg

15703908541_a9d04555d5_c.jpg

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not happy with the last FTS. Just does not look natural or what I would so I truly see when looking at it. Played with Raw Therapee after seeing Markalot's shots. I would say - although a little grainy, looks like what I see.

15695355291_4d2785ec70_c.jpg

Curious to know why such a high ISO ?

I like to think I can make a nice reef. I have no idea what constitutes a high ISO. :)

I just used auto mode - I know that if I put it on a tri-pod and played with settings I could do a lot better with my shots. Lower the shutter speed for more light, aperture for focal points and all that. But if you have some tips, happy to hear.

I like to think I can make a nice reef. I have no idea what constitutes a high ISO. :)

I just used auto mode - I know that if I put it on a tri-pod and played with settings I could do a lot better with my shots. Lower the shutter speed for more light, aperture for focal points and all that. But if you have some tips, happy to hear.

Say, you're almost there by venturing out of Auto Mode and into Manual Mode :happydance: Though, lowering your ISO will help with eliminating the noise/grain and in return will give you a more detailed image.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally through the "ugly" part of switching to biopellets. Sand is looking like sand again and less algae on the glass daily. No ill effect to the corals. Dialed the light up to 65% at the top from 60%. Some of the sps is showing more green so I know I am still low on the light output but taking the ramp up slow. 75% is my goal based on par measurements before taking the old leds down and putting these up.

FWIW green doesn't really mean your low on light, brown is a better indicator of low light then green.... green is a better sign of starting to color up ;)

Curious as to why if you knew the par you didn't just try to match it initially??

IME the radions have more power than other leds I have used. I would rather ramp them back up to let the corals adjust to the new light than to risk overdoing it. Even starting at 55% when I got them, the corals already have better color - and the green is definitely an indication of color change but a couple of the corals went from a good color to some green coming in. We will see how everything looks in two weeks to determine up/back down/as is. Honestly there's only a couple corals that have some green. Everything looks so much better under the full spectrum.

IME the radions have more power than other leds I have used. I would rather ramp them back up to let the corals adjust to the new light than to risk overdoing it. Even starting at 55% when I got them, the corals already have better color - and the green is definitely an indication of color change but a couple of the corals went from a good color to some green coming in. We will see how everything looks in two weeks to determine up/back down/as is. Honestly there's only a couple corals that have some green. Everything looks so much better under the full spectrum.

Par is par.... The radions just use it better with a better temperature and quality diodes compared to other lights. I'm quite fond of the radions myself.

The green coming in is highly likely to them being dropped in light and starting to regain their light thus bringing color back/ improving color from a better temperature/ wavelength of light. It doesn't surprise me at all that this is happening, it isn't a big deal and you may be shocked to see a big improvement over the "good" color they showed before ;)

Tank looks great I just wanted to clear up the reasoning behind the greening on your sps :)

Tank is great. Corals encrusting and growing - good colors and the bio pellets are kicking in. Wait another 10 days and up another 5% on the radions. Doing some work in the stand, cleaning up wiring and adding some drawers. Put in more permanent top off and dosing. Little at a time.

Tank is great. Corals encrusting and growing - good colors and the bio pellets are kicking in. Wait another 10 days and up another 5% on the radions. Doing some work in the stand, cleaning up wiring and adding some drawers. Put in more permanent top off and dosing. Little at a time.

Looking great for sure- what % are your radions at now?

Hey latteslave, could you list your fish and non-coral inverts? Just curious as to what you have in there. I can see an awesome-looking sailfin, one of my favorites.

Looking great for sure- what % are your radions at now?

Thanks! 65% currently. I have the 120 lenses on for more spread so I know I have at least 5% more I can go. I will test par again at that point - should be about 450 par on my purple/blue/green acro.

Hey latteslave, could you list your fish and non-coral inverts? Just curious as to what you have in there. I can see an awesome-looking sailfin, one of my favorites.

Let's see:

3 pajama cardinals

2 Bangai cardinals

Salifin tang

Chevron tank

Tomini tang

Tang - unknown

Swallowtail Angel

Mystery Wrasse

Bicolor Blenny

2 diamond gobies

Blue Chromis

Purple Dottyback

1 pistol shrimp

2 cleaner shrimp

1 blood shrimp

several hermits, snails and limpets

Beautiful looking tank.

thank you!

WOW! amazing tank! Subscribed...

Welcome and thank you!

Nice - that's great numbers- a par meter would be fun to play with

It is helpful. With LEDs I don't trust the par numbers as much but it is a good gauge.

Nice tank. Following.

Thank you!

This tank is amazing to see in person. Brian, you need to show everyone how your chromis and cardinals hang out in the digis!

Always great to see you Matt - hoping to get the coral density you have managed and the awesome colors you have in your tank! The fish swimming in the corals is something I have wanted to do for a while.

Us mid-westerners don't have any fun. :(

So he's holding out on pics then?

I wish! I can take 100 and 1 May be good. I am working on December fts and will try to get a few other shots in.

Archived