inTank Media Baskets

Katropora Owners Thread

metrokat

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

who has the biggest colonies of Katropora right now?

Besides me, it looks like you and Markalot do. I might have a local reefer here who has a big colony, I only ever see frags though, have never seen his colony picture.

• 2 weeks later...

Colonies do grow faster than frags, but I'm with Roger on this one. That sucker looks like it hasn't pushed any tips out at the base at all seeing how it was fully encrusted to the plug. Have you consider moving it to a different location?

I am using T5 + LED. Around 350 to 400 PAR. T5 is a must IMO.

Harry, it looks shut down. Cutting or crushing one tip might do it or might not. You might need to lower your lights? Have you taken a PAR reading?

Zero vertical growth after over a year! I think its time to chop off the tips, no?

It also needs some room to encrust. Placing it on a rock and gluing the rock to the main rocks might work better. It can be a big encruster.

Klein and mark..what lighting are you using your getting great colors

Harry, it looks shut down. Cutting or crushing one tip might do it or might not. You might need to lower your lights? Have you taken a PAR reading?

It also needs some room to encrust. Placing it on a rock and gluing the rock to the main rocks might work better. It can be a big encruster.

I was thinking t5 was a must for the coloring.. I'm getting good encrusting but the color just isn't there. More reason to buy a bigger tank and get my t5 led light :)

• Like 1

considering how fast mine grows. that ^^ blows my mind.

I know right! It hasn't done anything while other colonies have tripled or quadrupled in size.

Colonies do grow faster than frags, but I'm with Roger on this one. That sucker looks like it hasn't pushed any tips out at the base at all seeing how it was fully encrusted to the plug. Have you consider moving it to a different location?

I actually moved it there after it was on the rack at a slightly less par for 6 months and didn't do anything. Im hoping this spot will be better, all my other acros are thriving there.

I think ill try to crush a tip. I may need to lower my lights. Can I borrow your par meter pleaseeeeeeeeeeee? :D Just for a day!

It is up against the rock now but ill make an epoxy cradle to round off the area where it can encrust

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 1/13/2017 at 3:56 PM, markalot said:

New spot that has more flow and more lighting and BAM I see branches popping all over! Excited for the next few months. I'll post a photo tomorrow 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...