SaltCritters.com

Nano Box Settings : Share your settings for your Bluefish Controller!

APLATN13

there's guidance, will send you a link....off the top of my head, you want them running at 75-85% during your midday...Do not run it any lower than 80% for the Mini and 70% for the Duo.

the info is here: http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/367284-nanobox-how-to-bluefish-tideduoquad-series/

as for my Nanobox Duo M settings, since we're sharing:

Natural Sun: On, Storm: On, Clouds: On

Morning starts at Noon. Night starts at 1AM. I work a 9-5 and want to come to a well lit tank. (Reefer 170)

morning:

RB: 45

W/L: 25

V: 30

C/B: 30

Fan: 75

my midday settings right now....are:

RB: 55

W/L: 55

V: 60

C/B: 60

Fan: 75

This seems to look more like a slightly more blue version of the 14k Pheonix bulb I used to use...

evening:

RB: 40

W/L: 20

V: 30

C/B: 30

Fan: 70

can you please share your start time, ramp time, and length in detail please?

I tried to set it up like yours morning start at 12 pm and night at 1 am (since I also work 9-5 as well), but it did not work and my morning setting got stuck through out the midday AND my midday setting got stuck through out the evening.

burtbollinger

Morning: Morning Start: 12:00 PM

Night: Night Start: 1:00 AM

Simulation Options: Natural Sun: On

Here's the important part...

in Dynamic Photoperiod...

Dynamic Sunrise Time: Off

Dynamic Sunset Time: On

Then you should be good to go.

• Like 1

Morning: Morning Start: 12:00 PM

Night: Night Start: 1:00 AM

Simulation Options: Natural Sun: On

Here's the important part...

in Dynamic Photoperiod...

Dynamic Sunrise Time: Off

Dynamic Sunset Time: On

Then you should be good to go.

Can you also please share your morning and evening length time and all of the ramp time?

can you please share your start time, ramp time, and length in detail please?

I tried to set it up like yours morning start at 12 pm and night at 1 am (since I also work 9-5 as well), but it did not work and my morning setting got stuck through out the midday AND my midday setting got stuck through out the evening.

The program will not get stuck, it sounds like something is off on how you put in the times.

-Dave

• Like 1
burtbollinger

thats correct...much simpler...i dont wanna worry about that stuff. Choosing color and intensity was stressful enough. I'm sitting here with a new tank worried about cycling, water changes, supplimenting alk, dialing in skimmers, adding CUC and fish, buying phosphate checkers, etc...arbitrary light ramp times are at the very bottom of the list, and an area where you can really get needlessly frustrated and obsessed with.

I'm setting it like the sun, getting a visually pleasing natural decent ramp up and down and walking away.

with Natural Sun, I don't also have to worry about if I'm getting enough peak light time, etc.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I finally added corals after a year. Put in some zoas. And a war coral. Do these settings look OK to start? The anemone has been doing good under these settings if that means anything! Thanks!

Screenshot_20170105-202921.png

Screenshot_20170105-203003.png

Screenshot_20170105-203018.png

Screenshot_20170105-203047.png

Everything looks good. Maybe bump up the evening settings with how long you have it on for. Say ~15-20 for blues, violet, royal channels.

Increase them by 15-20%? So that intensity is too weak?

Increase them by 15-20%? So that intensity is too weak?

Not that it is to weak, personally I would bump it up. It is a blessing and curse with LEDs. You control every aspect but each tank will be different. If the above is working roll with it.

-Dave

Everything looks good. Maybe bump up the evening settings with how long you have it on for. Say ~15-20 for blues, violet, royal channels.

Thanks Dave!!! Bar far best customer service I have gotten with any product in my lifetime!!!

• Like 1

My Quad should be arriving on Saturday hoping to get some input on settings.

Tank is 12" deep, so pretty shallow...hoping I can get the light 10"-12" off the tank.

What would be a good starting setting to get the tank acclimated to make sure I don't shock anything? I assume I need to be running well below 50%?

If anyone could post a list that would be great!

• Like 1

My Quad should be arriving on Saturday hoping to get some input on settings.

Tank is 12" deep, so pretty shallow...hoping I can get the light 10"-12" off the tank.

What would be a good starting setting to get the tank acclimated to make sure I don't shock anything? I assume I need to be running well below 50%?

If anyone could post a list that would be great!

Start with the preset in the NanoBox Quick settings.

-Dave

• 2 months later...

Hi, I resent install my bluefish, in a 300 gl sps tank, with 10w leds.

this is my config:

Morning 5:30 am

Morning Lenght: 270

Morning Ramp: 29

white: 63%

blue: 85%

Uv+Violeta: 40%

royal blue: 90%

red: 21%

green: 21%

Midday Ramp: 29

white: 70%

blue: 89%

Uv+Violeta: 55%

rosal blue: 97%

red: 24%

green: 23%

Evening Length 225 min

Evening Ramp: 53min

white: 62%

blue 85%

Uv+Violeta: 40%

royal blue: 90%

red: 21%

green: 21%

Some recomendations ?

• 1 month later...
Bella's Reef

I am trying to dial this Duo in over IM Drop Off, any changes or suggestions to what I am currently running.

I have zoas/palys on upper half and Duncan's and Elegance on the lower half. 

IMG_0503.PNG

IMG_0504.PNG

IMG_0505.PNG

IMG_0506.PNG

• Like 2
DaveFason
On 4/27/2017 at 7:09 PM, Bella's Reef said:

I am trying to dial this Duo in over IM Drop Off, any changes or suggestions to what I am currently running.

I have zoas/palys on upper half and Duncan's and Elegance on the lower half. 

IMG_0503.PNG

IMG_0504.PNG

IMG_0505.PNG

IMG_0506.PNG

The settings look ok to me. You could bump them up a bit higher if you see any decrease in color. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone have suggestions for a Tide Plus M over a Fluval Evo V? 

According to this post 

The fan on the Tide Plus M should to always be at 80% other than night? That seems to run quite loud. I am going from the stock light on the Fluval Evo V so I definitely don't want to start to intense as it would be a shock to the corals I think. Current settings are pretty much the quick setup

Morning:

Starts: 11am

Length: 180 minutes

Ramp: 60 minutes

Royal Blue: 40%

White/Lime: 15%

Violet: 40%

Cyan/Blue: 35%

Moonlight: 0%

Fan: 80%

Midday:

Ramp: 90 minutes

Royal Blue: 55%

White/Lime: 25%

Violet: 55%

Cyan/Blue: 60%

Evening:

Length: 240 minutes

Ramp: 60 minutes

Royal Blue: 40%

White/Lime: 7%

Violet: 40%

Cyan/Blue: 40%

Looks like a good start. You can also decrease the evening time if you want more of your midday look. 

Yes, keep the fan above 80% during you settings besides night. 

Hope that helps!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
blizzardscout2

Just curious what you would run the Quad Wide at over a 170 with SPS 12" on average from the light. I currently have been ramping up a little every couple days since I mounted them. 

IMG_7392.PNG

• Like 1
On 6/16/2017 at 2:56 PM, blizzardscout2 said:

Just curious what you would run the Quad Wide at over a 170 with SPS 12" on average from the light. I currently have been ramping up a little every couple days since I mounted them. 

I would go with 80% for royal, blue.cyan and violet. Leave the white ~ 20% or what looks good to your eye. 

-Dave